Diapers/EC

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree42Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2012, 03:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Any other cloth diapering mamas out there? What's in your stash? What do you reach for most?

Moms using disposables, what size is baby in? What brand?

Anyone doing elimination communication?

July 25th, 2012, 08:10 AM
katylady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm cloth...I love all my pockets, I have a variety of different brands.

What is elimination communication?
July 25th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Laurenella's Avatar "Avery's Mommy"
Well I planned on cloth diapering from the start but we never really got into it till Avery was 4 months. It was the combination of them not fitting great to just not having time to master the required knowledge to do it right still working on that. But that being said I LOVE it now! I currently own about 11 Kawaii's they are reliable but are not my favorites they are bulky the insides are always stick around the front and back BUT no leaks good absorbers so I use them primarly for the babysitters. I own 11 Fuzzibunz LOVE THEM! 8 blueberries LOVE LOVE LOVE them and just recently got 2 Bummis TotBot's. Have some other brands a few SHM brands that are nice but haven't tried them out yet. Working some Minky's in the stash for winter. BUT right now I need to put myself of diaper time out I bought a LOT last week lol!!

July 25th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by katylady View Post
I'm cloth...I love all my pockets, I have a variety of different brands.

What is elimination communication?

Basically identifying your baby's cues and putting them on the potty when you think they're going to go. I think it's used more in developing countries but it's catching on in western countries too.

July 27th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Lauren, I'm putting myself in a timeout with buying diapers too. Bought six diapers this past month.

Hillary, that is very interesting. I'm not sure when I'm going to start putting her on the toilet but maybe when she is up and walking around a lot. I just plan on making it apart of the routine, when she wakes up, before bath, etc...
July 27th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
We are in Luvs size 2. We're doing EC for my older one, or a combination of that and timing. I want her to be trained by school, but that's probably not happening in 3 weeks!

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven. Hoping to get knocked up in 2016. Sometimes.

http://arwenart.com
July 27th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Veteran
My LO is in pampers size 1
July 27th, 2012, 03:16 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a really varied stash. Most of my pockets are Charlie Banana and I LOVE them. I also really love the Flip system and GMD Workhorse fitteds and covers. It depends on my mood as to what I grab first. I even have days where I get a wild hair and pull out the prefolds and flats. I just bought 7 more Charlie Banana one size yesterday so I am on diaper time out too.

I am really interested in EC. One of the girls in my LLL group does it with her son and said it is going well. I imagine it makes potty training much easier if they are used to going in the toilet already. I'm not sure how well it would work for us right now because she doesn't give many cues when she goes. Most of the time I don't even notice until I change her diaper. I'm on the fence about whether I want to give it a try or if it's more stress than it's worth. If anyone else has done it I'd love to hear how it went.

July 27th, 2012, 04:15 PM
n8tsmomma's Avatar Super Mommy
I love prefolds ans flats with Smush Tush (etsy) covers or the covers I make myself. I have FuzziBunz but I don't use them much really am only keeping those in case he goes to daycare later. I have done some EC with Atticus and can get him to poo on the toilet most of the time I just started to notice he has a pee face so going to try working on getting that into the toilet too but not something that I am pushing hard just when I notice.

July 28th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Super Mommy
We use cloth and have quite a variety, almost entirely pockets. Mostly have Kawaii's and AppleCheeks, also have some Bum Genius, Fuzzibuns, Sweet Pea, and a few WAHM. I don't really have a favourite they all work well for us.
July 28th, 2012, 07:30 AM
kellysensei's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We use Pampers size 3.

Evan James (2/18/12) and Gabriel Anthony (6/5/10)

July 28th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We mainly use flips with a cloth insert.

We are doing EC. I hadn't planned on it until we started potty training my two year old and saw what a nightmare that is. I decided I did not want to do that again. I talked to a friend that ECed with both her kids and they were both pretty much having very few accidents at nine months and able to hold it for like 3 hours until she takes them to the toilet. I was sold!

We started at three months and it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. He just seemed to catch on almost immediately what the toilet was for. From the beginning he would put any pee or poo he had in the toilet as soon as I put him there. I thought it would involve a lot of just sitting there with him at the toilet, but that wasn't the way it went at all. And I get a lot less pee and poo on me like this than I did before. Before, it seemed he would do his thing as soon as I took off his diaper and spray me! But now he waits when I take off his diaper until I take him to the toilet.

Don't get me wrong, he still goes in his diapers and occassionally decides he doesn't like the toilet, but I am finding it to be very easy and am hoping to follow in my friend's footsteps by nine months.

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
July 28th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm very intrigued by EC and plan to try it. I can tell when she's going to poo so I don't think that would be too difficult but peeing I have no idea.

I also am trying to hold back on buying more CD stuff but it's sooo hard! We have about 50/50 pockets and fitteds. We have a variety of fitteds from a German company called Popolini and our pockets are from Alvababy. Next time we're in the States I plan on trying some American brands; most of the time shipping is so expensive it's just not worth it to order them from here. Plus we have to pay German sales tax (19%) on American items that come through, which sucks.

July 28th, 2012, 08:51 PM
.:Kati:.'s Avatar kyler's mommy
We are in size 2 pampers swaddlers.

July 28th, 2012, 10:57 PM
I think I need to research EC...pretty much sold after reading krista's post!
August 1st, 2012, 01:08 PM
Coby Jaylen Aubriya mom
We are in size 1 pampers and huggies
August 1st, 2012, 03:28 PM
ASoldiersLuckyCharm's Avatar Three's A Charm <3
Send a message via ICQ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Yahoo to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Skype™ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm
Just moved up diapers. We are using Pampers sensitive size 3 it is 16-28 lbs. So she will be in these awhile .
Sunkist20 likes this.

all graphics made by Jackie at http://cutesypies.livejournal.com/ & http://blushfuls.com/ tell her Judy sent you
August 1st, 2012, 11:37 PM
RandE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Pampers size 3

August 2nd, 2012, 12:30 AM
Bella11356's Avatar Super Mommy
Elimination communication? Really?.. Lol

I have neither the time, nor patience...they are babies, let them be babies for a little bit. Diapers are not hard to change or wash. Maybe all my experience with potty training has just been easy...

I have to admit this is the first time if ever ever heard of this, and I legit lol'ed for a few minutes before I googled, and than lol'ed at what I read!

Obviously it's not for everyone, to each their own.

We use prefolds and covers. I have like 50 prefolds and bummis and thirsties covers. Thirsties for day time, bummis for night with some cotton babies stay dry doubles. They work wonderful for us and saved me so much money it's insane.

August 2nd, 2012, 03:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella11356 View Post
Elimination communication? Really?.. Lol

I have neither the time, nor patience...they are babies, let them be babies for a little bit. Diapers are not hard to change or wash. Maybe all my experience with potty training has just been easy...

I have to admit this is the first time if ever ever heard of this, and I legit lol'ed for a few minutes before I googled, and than lol'ed at what I read!

Obviously it's not for everyone, to each their own.

We use prefolds and covers. I have like 50 prefolds and bummis and thirsties covers. Thirsties for day time, bummis for night with some cotton babies stay dry doubles. They work wonderful for us and saved me so much money it's insane.

For the record, elimination communication isn't anything new. However, using diapers on babies (even cloth diapers) is relatively new to humankind.
*krista* likes this.

Last edited by lovemylittlemiss; August 2nd, 2012 at 03:21 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search