Baby must haves...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By *Ade*
  • 1 Post By samspain
  • 2 Post By BlndGrl8
  • 1 Post By *Izzy's*Mommy*
  • 1 Post By Nicole1481

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Nicole1481's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What is on your list of must haves for baby? Im trying to get a list going. We havent bought much and Im trying to stick to things Im really going to need the first 6m.

what is on your must have list?

July 25th, 2012, 09:46 AM
*Ade*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The first 6 months? Just the basics-sleepers, some outfits, socks, blankets, diapers, wipes, suckies, some toys, carseat (of course), crib/sleeping area for baby, some type of diaper bag, maybe a bath of some sort, and a bouncer or swing of some sort to keep baby in at certain times of day. A must have for me personally is my Moby wrap.
Nicole1481 likes this.

July 25th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
apart from clothes/toiletries etc they don´t really need that much.

Mine slept in the basinetter part of the stroller till 4 months were breastfed and we CD.

I loved my sling and DD2 used the bouncy/swing a lot so DD1 could get some time with mummy.

Some lightweight blankets are always useful, sometimes a thick blanket is just too much.
Nicole1481 likes this.

July 25th, 2012, 01:13 PM
BlndGrl8's Avatar Kaitlin & Cameron's Mommy
Sleepers, sleep sacks, burp cloths, receiving blankets, socks, pacifier, toiletries: lotion, bodywash/shampoo, diaper cream, hair brush/comb, nose sucker, clippers or files, gas drops, teething gel (we use the natural kind that doesn't have benzokaine in it), tylenol, bibs, baby bathtub, swing, car seat, crib or bassinet/pack-n-play, and diapers and wipes!
Nicole1481 and MrsLucy like this.
July 25th, 2012, 02:14 PM
*Izzy's*Mommy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A moby or k'tan wrap
Bouncy chair for while you're cooking or showering etc...
Nursing pillow if you're bf'ing
A glider/rocking chair
Lots of spit up cloths (receiving blankets)!
Nicole1481 likes this.

July 25th, 2012, 06:16 PM
BlndGrl8's Avatar Kaitlin & Cameron's Mommy
Oh yeah, I forgot the nursing pillow (if you are nursing) and a Moby wrap!!
July 25th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Nicole1481's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Shannon, I forgot about the boppy! I definitely need one of those.
*Izzy's*Mommy* likes this.

July 26th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I never used a boppy or a pillow, but I know loads of people find them essential.

Also nipple cream, best if its one you just apply after feeding and don´t have to wash off. Lots of people recommended just rubbing a bit of breastmilk on them after each feed, but with DD1 I had horribly cracked nipples. (Not fun ) and with DD2 the midwife said to start using the vream at about 37 weeks to soften up the nipples. Its so much easier to let them work out how to latch properly if it doesn´t feel like they´ve got razor wire on their lips!!

July 26th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Veteran
A wrap or carrier is a must! And gas drops for sure. We BF and CD as well, I need some more diapers since DS doesn't appear to be in a hurry to potty train. A nose sucker (no clue what the real name is), diaper cream(we use California baby Calendulla, doubles as lotion), bouncy seat, wash cloths, some burp cloths, car seat, paknplay, blankets, a few outfits and sleepers.

I actually have all that I need other than some sort of sling or seat for bathing baby. I saved everything from last time. And really... I didn't need much.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search