maternity leave

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2012, 11:07 AM
turtlefly's Avatar Veteran
when do you usually start it?? i now its early but i was just curious.

July 25th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Nicole1481's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will start "maternity leave" whenever baby is born. If I have to go on medical leave before that, its up to my OB.

July 25th, 2012, 11:44 AM
MelNYC's Avatar Melissa
Same for me. Plan to work up until baby comes. Unless a problem arises...
July 25th, 2012, 12:05 PM
MoonMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yep, same here. I'm working right up until I go into labor, assuming I don't have any issues. I didn't last time.

baby Roger @ 7 months

July 25th, 2012, 12:41 PM
mollymalone's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm leaving my job for good, so I decided my last day would be October 15th. Hopefully that'll give me a couple of weeks to "prepare" (as much as that's possible). Then, SAHM after that, so long as the finances hold up!

July 25th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
The day baby is born will be my first day of maternity leave. I'll probably work from home the week before though. I have a good 45 minute drive to work and I know I will not be up to it that late in my pregnancy.

July 25th, 2012, 01:21 PM
BabyLove23's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ill be waiting till the day of the C-section. The more time I can save for after the delivery, the better!

Thank you peimum for my siggie!!!
July 25th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Veteran
Same here... I will work up until the baby is here. I may save a few days of vacation to use as needed at the end. Last time, I ended up leaving early the Thursday before I delivered, and asked my boss to not come in on Friday.. then went into labor Saturday morning (Due date no less). I was happy all pregnancy and that Thursday and Friday I was a royal witch. That was a pretty good indication that the time was near.

Anyway, I only have about 6-9 weeks of paid leave (need to call HR and check) and that goes by years of service. My ann. date is 11/3, my EDD is 11/5-11. Lol I need to stick it out to 11/3 if it gives me an extra week off!!
July 25th, 2012, 01:39 PM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
Probably mid October, which puts me at 37/38 weeks. But it's not a real maternity leave, since I'll be doing some behind the scenes work (getting galleries ready and processing orders), but I think I'll have my last session mid October (I hit full term the 12th)

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

July 25th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I had planned on working till she came, but unfortunately that didn't work out... I am on "vacation" for another couple weeks to determine if I'll be able to go back to work, but if not I'll be on leave from then till January. For FMLA purposes, all my time is considered maternity leave - luckily we have state FMLA too, so I can take up to 26 weeks & it's looking like I'll need it all :/

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

July 25th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Pixie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Right now I am planning on my last day being November 2 which is 4 days before my due date. That is as long as she doesn't come early or complications arise. My company works quarterly and that is the last day of our 3rd quarter so it works out. I did something similar with my last pregnancy.

July 25th, 2012, 03:33 PM
turtlefly's Avatar Veteran
i would love to be sahm, but we cant afford that right now

July 25th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Katie81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm planning on working until the end unless I for some reason get placed on light duty by my OB. I'm a floor nurse so that doesn't really exist.
July 25th, 2012, 06:02 PM
newserenity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was going to work until I gave birth, but because of my job I'm quitting 2 weeks before I'm due. I work overnight as a caregiver and if I go into labor in the middle of the night I can't leave until a backup caregiver arrives. So, I think I'll play it safe and stay home two weeks before.

July 25th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm also planning on working until I have her. Talked to my doc about it at my last appt and he said as long as everything is going well that would be fine and what he recommended.
July 25th, 2012, 07:11 PM
LindsayGriff
I too will be working up until delivery and probably will even go into work on the day the contractions start and see how long I last as I work at the hospital that I deliver at so I would basically just have to walk down the hall when the contractions got close enough. Last time I labored at home for 12 hrs before going in and the contractions were doable in the beginning and didn't bother me too much and they didn't get bad till I decided to go in.

Thank you peimum for my siggy
July 26th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Veteran
Since I have no paid maternity time and less than 2 weeks vacation time I am going to work up till the last minute. I also plan on working from home, part time, as soon as I can after the baby is born.
July 26th, 2012, 08:07 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
My plan was to work till the baby was born. That didn't work, my job caused me to much pain and I was getting sick. I stopped working around 20 weeks. I don't have at actual maternity leave or vacation, but they are holding my Job for me till I'm ready to come back. I'm not sure I wanna go back, I'd like to be a sahm, I dont need to work, it was just something to keep me busy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search