Are you a believer?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Are you a believer in ghosts, spirits, or haunted items/houses?
Yes 15 71.43%
No 4 19.05%
I dont know what to believe 2 9.52%
Never thought about it 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Dhartanya's Avatar Paleo Mommy-to-be
In ghosts, or spirits, or haunted houses/items?

July 25th, 2012, 04:17 PM
DawnVH's Avatar Supermom to Sid and Este
I better be since our house is
July 25th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnVH View Post
I better be since our house is
Care to elaborate?

July 25th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
No experiences with the supernatural myself but I do think there is something out there...
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

July 25th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yep. Ive seen, heard, and felt too many things not to believe.

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
July 25th, 2012, 05:08 PM
I want to believe... but Im still not sure... though I will share my "experiance" I had one night.

Quote:
OK so last night I went to bed at a little 11:30pm. Fell asleep and started dreaming.

I was in my pet store and I was ringing thru a customer who was buying Chews for her dog.
She had some Pigs Ears, Smoked Bones, Bully Stixs, and White Merrick Bone.
Her total came to $87.56.
She was going to pay with cash, while counting her $20s she told me she wanted to bring some bones back that she had bought the week before, but didnt have her reciept.
I was explaining our Return-Exchange policy to her, and she got mad that all she could have was an exchange or a Gift Card with the amount on it.
She stormed out withoug buying her items.
When she opened the door to leave I got hit with the intense cold air in the dream, so much so that it woke me up.

I had my two blankets on, but I felt like I was freezing.
I was laying on my left side and I could feel Annie-Boy tense and growling lowly beside me.
He started to rise and lean against me. Growling all the way...
Nya, Coral and Winter were all on the ground doing a nice combo of whimpering, growling and barking... all very lowly pitched...
I started to roll onto my back when out of the right cornor of my eye I could see someone coming thru a door, and a cold breeze.
At first I thought it was my mom, and then I realized that it was a guy and I dont have a door where the figure was coming thru. I have a bureau, two bird cages and a window.
Sooooooo... insert this
http://resources.bravenet.com/audio_...scream/listen/

(please make sure you sound isnt turned up to high lol)

As I girly screamed I also sat up really quickly and then decided that I was safer laying back down.
As I laid there I started yelling out "MMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM " over and over again, at the top of my lungs.

The dogs were still up in arms, with now Coral and Annie both right ontop of me growling like maniacs.

Being the whimp I am, I closed my eyes thinking that would make it all better.
I opened them a few seconds later to see the figure walking towards my bed.
I closed my eyes again and just kept very still trying to figure out what I was going to do.

At first I was figuring I could make it to the door and out into the house.
Then I was like, Ill just start screaming again (maybe someone would come this time lol).
Thirdly, I was like well if someone is in my room, 4 dogs will take care of him.

I slowly opened my eyes and I could now see the figure standing over my bed. Coral had by now belined it to the ground, Annie was standing his ground.

I honestly thought I was going to pee myself after this next part. I felt the blanket kinda give as the figure leaned on it.
So insert once again...
http://resources.bravenet.com/audio_...scream/listen/

Then I decided that I was going to grab my phone and shine it on him, I rolled over onto my right side really quickly and grabbed my phone, flipped it open and the flashed it across my room.

Of course NOTHING was there. I must have checked about 20 times, and then decided to check for wet spots on my bed lol. Thankfully I didnt find any.
I checked my phone, it was 2:02am.

I got out of bed and let the dogs out into the house.
I checked the house for chreepy men that were parading around as dark figures and then checked outside.
Nothing was out of the ordinary, cept for a few minutes before in my bedroom.
All our backyard lights were out and our neighbours lights were out.

The dogs and I went back to bed and checked the window and blinds. Window was tightly shut and blinds were drawn to allow no light in. Birds and bureau were in their rightful places.

I settled back in bed with the dogs and went over the event as well as past events, which were all so tame compared to this one.

There was this one time I woke up to a cold figures hand touching my cheek. Same guy maybe?

I also felt a little hurt as even though my moms room is right next to mine and she is a light sleeper, she didnt hear the dogs barking or me screaming like a banshee over and over again.

July 25th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Megan30's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I consider myself a healthy skeptic but I've seen and felt a few things that have really shaken that.
July 25th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Blcooper32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For sure. I have never lived in a place that I haven't seen or heard more then I cared to from the ummm undead or whatever they are...my husband even seen the worst one and swears its fallowing me...:/ scares the crap out of me when he says that but there is more proof pointing to it then against it...

thank you bokkechick for my wonderful siggy

July 25th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Appearently our barn is haunted.

Ive had two people who claim to be sensitive, feel a nice female presence.
(Then they were told a women had a heart attack in the indoor).
They both are convinced I caught the "ghost" on camera.

In this first pic, youd think that the "cloud" is simply dust, however, there wasnt any dust in real while I was lounging her.

So here are some standing photos... so there should be no dust, as we're stopped (and there wasnt any in person)

July 25th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Creeeee-pyyyyyy
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

July 25th, 2012, 06:19 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan30 View Post
I consider myself a healthy skeptic but I've seen and felt a few things that have really shaken that.
This is me too.

July 25th, 2012, 06:21 PM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
I don't believe in ghosts and haunting and all that, but I do believe in demonic influences.
hilhillrn likes this.
July 25th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Christina(mommyof2)'s Avatar Army Wife
yes..... since we live in one
July 25th, 2012, 07:28 PM
I have lived in a few places that have had figures and have been on a few investigations before, but within my own house here is the story: my mother in law worked at a skilled care facility and as I came to visit her she directed me to a lady that was the previous owner of the house I currently live in. She introduced us and I said hello and didn't take much time to talk to her as she had very bad dimensia and was not into having much of a conversation anyway. Weeks later I awoke from a dream where this lady appeared and her hair was moving wildly (like if you were to be underwater and your hair was flowing around you) and she said, "I'm coming back and I'm taking back my house" I awoke very scared (the last time I had a dream this vivid and shocking was when my dad came to me in a dream and he had died that same evening). I woke my husband and told him about it and said, "keep an eye out....I think the owner of this house just died." two days later-the obituary was out. Mrs Blommers had died that evening. A month or so later things began to happen like gallon water jugs flying off of our counter and smashing on the floors, toys going off and on (my husband would always say it was just the batteries on the fritz.....until I showed him that some of the toys weren't even turned ON) then he finally started to believe me. Twice now I have heard a lady near the back entrance of my house call out "SID! SID!" and I would think my mom had stopped over to find noone at the back of my house.

Interesting enough: The previous owner's name I found out was Stella Blommers. Her son's name was Sid. Coincidence that I named my son Sid a month after she died and he was born? And my daughters name is Estelle. Always thought she could go by Stella if she chose to. Never EVER crossed my mind until this year that it was her name and my husband told me he had met her son Sid on a plumbing call. Crazy.

Not only is the lady taking back her house, but she's naming my children. HAHA! hopefully she has a good pick if this one is a boy because I'm starting to get a little unsure of our boy pick if we find out this is a boy......

anyway, yes. I am a believer. That's for sure. Besides.....the Bible speaks of ghosts. So if I'm told to believe the Bible....then I guess that's just another part I'm to believe

Ghosts...Spirits Are In The Bible! Verses For Study
July 25th, 2012, 11:28 PM
I also tend to think it is more demons and angels...I do think general ghosts are possible too though.

Dawn, wonder what her dh's name was? hehe
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

July 26th, 2012, 05:19 AM
Ha....you'll never BELIEVE what her husbands name was....

it was DONALD!

I can't make this stuff up. Well...I could....but it's TOTALLY TRUE!
July 26th, 2012, 06:07 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
I haven't seen anything myself, but I definitely believe in them.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby Landon in Feb!

{Our family blog}

July 26th, 2012, 06:13 AM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhartanya View Post
Appearently our barn is haunted.

Ive had two people who claim to be sensitive, feel a nice female presence.
(Then they were told a women had a heart attack in the indoor).
They both are convinced I caught the "ghost" on camera.

In this first pic, youd think that the "cloud" is simply dust, however, there wasnt any dust in real while I was lounging her.

So here are some standing photos... so there should be no dust, as we're stopped (and there wasnt any in person)

OK, In the bottom picture I see the face of a young girl tilted to the left side....

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

July 26th, 2012, 06:18 AM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
I believe in angels and demons... and I believe that we are sometimes able to see them.... I beleive to us they are called ghosts..... but in truth they are engelic beings or demonic beings.

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

July 30th, 2012, 10:54 PM
Veteran
I don't believe in ghosts
Gabriela 10/01/2014

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search