Team Pink Chat Thread!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By ~Tanya~
  • 1 Post By KatherineD
  • 1 Post By rhill4455
  • 1 Post By Hopolka

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2012, 06:40 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
I stole this idea from Sarah.

Thought we could start some threads like they did in Oct. for the pink, blue and surprise mommies to check in with each other.

Team "Pink"

Is this your first girl?

Were you surprised with the gender or did you have a gut feeling already?

Any special purchases for your little princess?

Any questions for been there done that mom's of girls?

Last edited by Leanne78; July 26th, 2012 at 06:50 AM.
July 26th, 2012, 06:53 AM
Is this your first girl? No, this will be my second little princess.

Were you surprised with the gender or did you have a gut feeling already? I was actually thinking boy early on, so I was a little surprised when they told me at my NT scan that they thought it might be a girl. After that though, I was pretty sure it was a girlie.

Any special purchases for your little princess? I already bought her a lil' sis outfit and a stuffed monkey. She'll be living mostly on hand me downs though for clothes.

Any questions for been there done that mom's of girls? Anyone else with 2 girls already? How do they get along? My biggest worry is Akadia being resentful at having another little girl in the house. She is used to being the queen bee.

July 26th, 2012, 07:32 AM
Pixie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is this your first girl? Yep!

Were you surprised with the gender or did you have a gut feeling already? I had myself convinced it was a boy because I really wanted a girl, but I didn't have much of a real gut feeling either way. I was pleasantly surprised it was a girl though.

Any special purchases for your little princess? Tons of stuff. I've already bought a bunch of girl clothes and fairy decor for her room.

Any questions for been there done that mom's of girls? Hm.. Can't really think of anything.

July 26th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Is this your first girl? Nope my second- although she will probably feel like a first again since my DD is 14...

Were you surprised with the gender or did you have a gut feeling already? My gut was telling me girl from the beginning, but I wanted a boy so badly. I'm perfectly happy having another girl though

Any special purchases for your little princess? No really special purchases yet... I bought her a couple things & have a zillion more things to buy. I'll get there eventually.

Any questions for been there done that mom's of girls? No questions from me just yet...

Amber- I didn't have two girls, so I'm no help- although my DD is already staking a claim on "her mommy". It's really a funny thing to witness! My sister dealt with this, but I didn't like the way she handled it because she over doted on the younger one... Luckily my older nieces personality is more laid back, so I don't think she ever actually realized it.

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

July 26th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Tanya - My plan of attack so far is to dote more on the older one and take care of her first rather than the other way around. Baby will be taken care of obviously, but her feelings aren't going to be hurt if she has to cry 2 more minutes to be fed as opposed to me telling Akadia to wait all the time.

July 26th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think that's a good plan! I think making sure Akadia knows you're still her mommy too & are going to still have your special time together is important! You are going to be a great mommy to two girls
Leanne78 likes this.

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

July 26th, 2012, 07:56 AM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
Technically not team pink, but I do have 2 girlies Mine are close. They do fight, but I think it's normal to be annoyed by someone you are with so much, KWIM? Mia was 20.5 months when E was born, so she really doesn't remember a time when E hasn't been there. I always try to make sure they each have their time with me, but I also don't interrupt when they are having their time together and involved Mia with E from the very beginning. I think just being mindful of creating the bond between them and nurturing it (not taking sides, having them work out their disagreements). The sister bond can be so so special. Sometimes I have to remind them of how much they love each other and how awesome it is to have a sister, but those are usually on days where they are both cranky
~Tanya~ likes this.

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

July 26th, 2012, 08:25 AM
rhill4455's Avatar Mom to 3 girls and a boy!
Send a message via AIM to rhill4455 Send a message via Yahoo to rhill4455
Is this your first girl? Nope girl #3

Were you surprised with the gender or did you have a gut feeling already? I was surprised. My gut said boy! They say gut feeling s 75% accurate. I was right with the last 3 so it would just figure I would be wrong with this one. That puts my mommys gut feeling at 75% accurate

Any special purchases for your little princess? Not really. I am so over buying for girls. I will mainly hit up consignment stores and look on sales rack.

Any questions for been there done that mom's of girls? I think I have the girl thing down!

July 26th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanne78 View Post
Any questions for been there done that mom's of girls? Anyone else with 2 girls already? How do they get along? My biggest worry is Akadia being resentful at having another little girl in the house. She is used to being the queen bee.
My older 2 girls are 2 years apart. They are the best of friends. We tried sepearting them into seperate rooms and they HATED it. We eventually put them back together. They have been best of friends since day 1! Karen is a very protective big sister. Always looks out for her sibblings. Shortly after Amanda was born Karen quickly attached to her sister. Would ask to hold her all the time or lay on the couch with her. There was never any jealously issues. They have thier typical sisterly fights but overall they are best of friends. It may help that Karen is a BIG time daddy's girl and Amanda is a BIG time mommys girl.

July 26th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Derby Girl's Avatar Veteran
Is this your first girl? yes

Were you surprised with the gender or did you have a gut feeling already? I really thought I was going to have a boy, but my instincts were wrong.

Any special purchases for your little princess? Nothing yet

How do you learn to french braid?!? I'm a tomboy so I never got into hair and girly stuff like that!
July 26th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
Is this your first girl? Yes, and I'm stoked to buy headbands and bows while shes a baby. I never got those cutesy things when I was little.

Were you surprised with the gender or did you have a gut feeling already? Totally shocked. I was convinced it was a boy all the way.

Any special purchases for your little princess? Not in particular. Just some cute clothes so far.

Any questions for been there done that mom's of girls? I have a feeling she'll be a daddy's girl like I was. Are there any tips to still hold onto her a little besides when you nurse lol?
July 26th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby Girl View Post
Any questions for been there done that mom's of girls? How do you learn to french braid?!? I'm a tomboy so I never got into hair and girly stuff like that!
I am the same as you!! Typical tomboy. Hated barbies, have never been one to wear make-up unless its for a special occasion and my hair usually is just thrown up into a pony tail. Back when my oldest was 3 or 4 I actually would ask hair dresser how to do simple styles. French braiding was one of them. I would usually ask the hair dresser when I would take my daughter to get hair cuts. They were always very willing to show me simple stuff like that. Now days when my daughter wants me to do something simple with her hair I usually turn to youtube. There is probably a video on there that will walk you through the steps on how to french braid.
Derby Girl likes this.

July 26th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Alaska Baby14's Avatar Gonna be a family of 4!
Is this your first girl? Yup!

Were you surprised with the gender or did you have a gut feeling already? I thought it was a boy, but a few days before my U/S, I had a dream my DF said it was a girl.. it was like a premonition..

Any special purchases for your little princess? Nothing yet.. im waiting til I get my own place, which will hopefully be in the next few weeks! I feel horrible being 6 months pregnant and I literally have like 5 outfits, a baby monitor and a baby blanket.. thats it!!! UGHH!!

Any questions for been there done that mom's of girls? Hmm not that I can think of! If I was having a boy, I think it'd be a lot more complicated!!

<3
July 26th, 2012, 09:27 AM
turtlefly's Avatar Veteran
Is this your first girl? yes, first baby!

Were you surprised with the gender or did you have a gut feeling already?very surprised, i was convinced it was a boy, every morning ever since i found out i was pregnant my brother tapped my tummy and said good morning kyle, even tho his name was gonna be landon, and at the u/s the tech said its girl!!! we were in shock, but very happy.

Any special purchases for your little princess? diapers and one outfit for next summer, waiting for the fall clothes be come out.

Any questions for been there done that mom's of girls? not yet lol

July 26th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Enceinte2012's Avatar Super Mommy
Is this your first girl? Nope! I have one other - Amber, who is three

Were you surprised with the gender or did you have a gut feeling already? I was thinking boy, but thrilled to find out I was wrong

Any special purchases for your little princess? mostly things to make an awesome room for baby and amber to share, and some cutesie baby girl giraffe outfits ( I am kinda obsessed with giraffes!)

Any questions for been there done that mom's of girls? Nope, not right now

~*~Meghann~*~
Proud Mommy to Amber and Addyson

July 26th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
Seems like most of us thought boy. lol
Enceinte2012 likes this.
July 26th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Veteran
Is this your first girl? Nope. I have a 10 year old daughter

Were you surprised with the gender or did you have a gut feeling already? I had a gut feeling.

Any special purchases for your little princess? Not yet. Looking for a pretty white crib though.

July 26th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Almondeyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Almondeyes
Is this your first girl? Yes

Were you surprised with the gender or did you have a gut feeling already? No, we had a feeling it was a girl from all the sleeping I was doing.

Any special purchases for your little princess? hmm, only her rainbow sock monkey.

Any questions for been there done that mom's of girls? nothing comes to mind yet

July 26th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Is this your first girl? No, this will be our 8th girl

Were you surprised with the gender or did you have a gut feeling already? My first thought was girl, then I started thinking that baby was a boy a few weeks before our u/s so I was a little surprised.

Any special purchases for your little princess? I have bought a few sleepers. I have found the car seat I want just haven't ordered it yet and I'm planning on getting a few other things for her.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search