Team Blue Chat Thread!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2012, 06:43 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
I stole this idea from Sarah.

Thought we could start some threads like they did in Oct. for the pink, blue and surprise mommies to check in with each other.

Team "Blue"

Is this your first boy?

Were you surprised with the gender or did you have a gut feeling already?

Any special purchases for your little man?

Any questions for been there done that mom's of boys?

Last edited by Leanne78; July 26th, 2012 at 06:50 AM.
July 26th, 2012, 07:06 AM
*Ade*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Is this your first boy? No, my third

Were you surprised with the gender or did you have a gut feeling already? My gut feeling went back and forth between boy and girl, but at the time of the u/s I very strongly felt girl, so I was a bit surprised.

Any special purchases for your little man? Not really yet. Did buy him a couple of outfits and a cute blanket. Nothing that really seems special, though.

Any questions for been there done that mom's of boys? Nope

July 26th, 2012, 07:23 AM
MomtoCarly&Sofia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is this your first boy?yes!

Were you surprised with the gender or did you have a gut feeling already? I was so sure it was a boy, but I was still shocked, if that makes sense!

Any special purchases for your little man? I've bought some clothing, and all the fabric to make his bedding. But this blanket I'm going to purchase, I love it! I never thought I'd spend so much on a blanket, but why not splurge on the last baby! Personalized Name Minky baby Blanket by PETUNIAS by PETUNIAS

Any questions for been there done that mom's of boys? None yet, but if there's anything you think I should know, please share!

July 26th, 2012, 07:45 AM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
Is this your first boy? yes!

Were you surprised with the gender or did you have a gut feeling already? Totally had a gut feeling

Any special purchases for your little man? hmmm...nothing really yet. Unless the bedding counts?

Any questions for been there done that mom's of boys? Are they all as crazy and out of control as I see? I am scared and I often wonder if it's a boys will be boys mentality that let's parents allow their boys to be wild or does such a thing as a calm boy exist?

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

July 26th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Nicole1481's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is this your first boy? This is my 3rd, I <3 boys.

Were you surprised with the gender or did you have a gut feeling already? We had a feeling

Any special purchases for your little man? The kids and I have done some clothes shopping for him. We recently picked these up for baby Colt.
Stride Rite SRT SM Cookie Monster First Walker (Infant/Toddler) - designer shoes, handbags, jewelry, watches, and fashion accessories | endless.com

Any questions for been there done that mom's of boys? Nope

July 26th, 2012, 07:52 AM
Veteran
Is this your first boy? yes, this is my first baby every!

Were you surprised with the gender or did you have a gut feeling already? i didnt have a strong feeling either way, so i was not shocked, maybe a tiny bit dissapointed, but still am so happy for a healthy baby and i will love him just has much as if he was a girl lol

Any special purchases for your little man? no just some baby clothes

Any questions for been there done that mom's of boys? not right now

Thank You Peimum for my beautiful siggy (:

July 26th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Country928's Avatar Marisa
Is this your first boy?Yes

Were you surprised with the gender or did you have a gut feeling already?Not surprised. I didnt know what he was but everyone in my family knew he was going to be a he.

Any special purchases for your little man? Not by me. But my brother and my sil knew how much im I love superman and found a superman onesie for me.

Any questions for been there done that mom's of boys? Not right now but im sure something will come up.
July 26th, 2012, 09:17 AM
newserenity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is this your first boy? Yes!!

Very surprised since we were told 99% girl at first!

A cute little monkey hat from Gap and a stuffed elephant. The rest of the stuff has been needs rather than wants. I do plan on purchasing some more cute things for fun before he gets here though.

Any questions for been there done that mom's of boys? I've already asked quite a bit, I can't think of anything atm.

July 26th, 2012, 09:30 AM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Is this your first boy? No My second!

Were you surprised with the gender or did you have a gut feeling already? I had a very strong gut feeling! I would have been in shock if it were a girl!

Any special purchases for your little man? Nope, not yet.

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
July 26th, 2012, 09:39 AM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Quote:
Are they all as crazy and out of control as I see? I am scared and I often wonder if it's a boys will be boys mentality that let's parents allow their boys to be wild or does such a thing as a calm boy exist?
Definitely not all crazy and out of control! My cousin's older boy is very quiet, subdued and reserved. Her second is a wild man, wanting to wrestle and be all over the place!

That being said there are definitely differences and special qualities in little boys that need to be fed and nurtured! I do believe that mentality that you mentioned can lead to crazy and wild children, but I do think the typical boy characteristics are more about that innate personality they are born with.

I would consider Eli "all boy", but he has well defined boundaries and expectations. He is by no means out of hand or wild, but he has those boyish qualities (stereotypically speaking). He was climbing before he could walk! He's always loved to run around and wrestle with the big kids. He is adventurous and curious. He always wants to be on the go. However, he also has always had a sweet personality and can be subdued at times.

Here's a question:
Anyone with two boys close in age? How do they get along? How do they interact?

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
July 26th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Nervous Newbie's Avatar Super Mommy
Is this your first boy? Yep, first boy, first baby first everything! Ahh

Were you surprised with the gender or did you have a gut feeling already? No, I had a gut feeling from the beginning. And DH is one of 3 boys and he has 6 nephews so already had the feeling.

His nickname was Tadpole before we knew 100% of gender so after we knew for sure I bought him a Kermit the Frog stuffed animal.

Any questions for been there done that mom's of boys? Nervous about the whole circumcision thing. DH is, so he wants his son to be. I have no brothers, so know nothing about all that.
July 26th, 2012, 10:19 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
Is this your first boy? Yup! First baby!

When I found out I was pregnant, I knew it was a boy, even had a dream it was a boy. DH was sure it was a girl, convinced me it was a girl. I changed my mind and knew it was a girl and would shocked if it was a boy. So, I was surprised but deep down I still thought it was a boy.

Any special purchases for your little man? Some clothes, bedding, name letters for his wall. That's it so far.

None yet

July 26th, 2012, 10:36 AM
*Ade*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatherineD View Post
Any questions for been there done that mom's of boys? Are they all as crazy and out of control as I see? I am scared and I often wonder if it's a boys will be boys mentality that let's parents allow their boys to be wild or does such a thing as a calm boy exist?
No, they are not. Both of my boys have a "wild side" but it definitely doesnt define their personalities. My daughter has just as much of a wild side (especially when playing with the boys).

I think there is certainly a connection between parents' mentality of "boys will be boys" and the way their boys behave.

My oldest boy is a super sweet soul who loves to cuddle, is soft spoken, and has the least rough and tumble side than any of my kids. My youngest, a boy, is a very spunky child who loves to entertain, and will join in the rough housing with the other two whenever he can. But, he can be quiet and loves to sit and play alone, or read books with any of us.

Just let their personalities shine more than anything. If your boy ends up being a kid who is full of energy and crazy, go with it, but obviously discipline and control from you can keep him under control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RootBudSkyTree View Post
Here's a question:
Anyone with two boys close in age? How do they get along? How do they interact?

My two boys are 2 and a half years apart, so not super close. But, my 4 year old cant stand his little brother most of the time. They get along okay, but Mason would prefer not to have Cullen around most of the time. He isnt mean to him, but just tries to steer clear of him. He definitely doesnt like to share with him, but has no problem sharing with other children.
Cullen, on the other hand, would love to play with his big brother all day long. However, he and my daughter have always (literally, since he was a newborn) had a very deep bond, so he is perfectly content playing with her, cuddling with her, basically being her shadow. Its pretty neat
Now, Cullen and this little guy will be exactly two years apart (Im due on Cullens second birthday). Im so anxious to see the relationship they develop!

July 26th, 2012, 01:44 PM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
I'm so glad not all boys are wild. It makes me nervous because I see it so much! And Elizabeth can be kinda crazy, so the thought of two crazy kids was making me nervous!

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

July 26th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Cocoa Sashimi's Avatar Usually Lurking
Is this your first boy?
No; this is our second.

I had a gut feeling this was a boy.

A little brother shirt to match our son's big brother shirt. I'm sure I will pick up more. DS1 was born in the same month this one is due, and I kept EVERYTHING in storage.

No.

July 26th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Is this your first boy? yup!

Were you surprised with the gender or did you have a gut feeling already? We both had a strong feeling he was a boy, although I let my desire for a little girl distract me from it for a bit.

Any special purchases for your little man? Here's my most recent purchase:

Any questions for been there done that moms of boys? not really. I have an advantage in that I've worked with young children since I was a teenager.

July 26th, 2012, 04:18 PM
BlndGrl8's Avatar Kaitlin & Cameron's Mommy
Is this your first boy? Yes!

Were you surprised with the gender or did you have a gut feeling already? I had a gut feeling from day one that this was a boy! I think I was basing it more on timing of conception.

Any special purchases for your little man? No special purchases yet, but we have been blessed by friends to receive a lot of clothing. He will have a closet full!!

Any questions for been there done that mom's of boys? Oh yes! I need to learn everything there is to know about boys, lol!! I've already bought a few books! I'm such a girly girl and I'm afraid he's just going to be all about being a daredevil, jumping off high things giving me a heart attack and rolling in the dirt all the time, lol.
July 26th, 2012, 06:38 PM
rachkel's Avatar Super Mommy
Is this your first boy? Yep!

Were you surprised with the gender or did you have a gut feeling already? Had a gut feeling from the beginning.

Any special purchases for your little man? Nothing super special just yet... just normal baby gear

Any questions for been there done that mom's of boys? Not that I can think of!

Visit my blog! Lots of health and fitness insights... including pregnancy!

www.HealthFitnessLove.wordpress.com

July 26th, 2012, 07:32 PM
DenaMarie24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is this your first boy? Nope, our 3rd boy!

Were you surprised with the gender or did you have a gut feeling already? I had a gut feeling!

Any special purchases for your little man? I've bought him some clothes, made him a beanie, and bought minky material to make a minky blanket.

Any questions for been there done that mom's of boys? Nope! But will gladly answer any questions for first time Boy Mama's!! I come from a family of girls, (4 sisters), have 3 nieces, my first was a girl, so when I heard BOY with our 2nd baby--I have to admit I was clueless--and a bit nervous! BUT needless to say, boys are wonderful and I've had so much fun with them--they love their Mommy's so much! We are very happy and excited to welcome boy #3!

July 26th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Super Mommy
First boy.

Had a gut feeling. I was so certain I accidently blurted out "a boy" when asked what it was weeks before my gender ultrasound.

No purchases yet.

Questions- I am sure I will have a million soon enough.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search