appointment update

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Belita

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2012, 11:37 AM
kristap4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to kristap4
I had my appointment yesterday. My bp is still on the high side, but they didn't seem too concerned about it this time, i didn't gain any weight, which leaves me still down 16lbs from pre-pregnancy which they didn't seem concerned about either. Baby's heart beat was good...

The dr did a 2nd ffn test and it came back negative.... The whole experience was pretty weird though, because when my own dr. did the test, she used the speculum and i could feel the swab and it hurt like heck... This dr. didn't use the speculum or even look. He just took the swab and stuck it in there, left it there while he counted to 10 and took it out... I didn't feel it at all. The whole time i gave the nurse a dirty look and she just shrugged her shoulders at me... So i'm not sure whether to be happy that it was negative or be concerned that he didn't do the test right, since he didn't even look at what he was doing, but i'm still a little worried... They had talked about doing the ffn every 2 weeks but not sure i can handle the roller coaster going positive, negative, positive etc.... But due to the negative result, he took me completely off my bed rest, which worries me because when i do get up, i get a good amount of pressure... I want to be happy with the negative but just have a feeling that it wasn't done right... When i had the ffn with my DS, they also used the speculum and i felt it... Oh and since the test was nagative, they won't give me the steroid shot... i'm kind of frustrated with the whole thing right now and trying not to let it get to me, I just want whats best for Autumn and hate all this back and forth stuff.

Also had my glucose test, and i'm still waiting on the results of that... After seeing the dr. i went and had my cervix check and it looked different than usual to me, and the tech wouldn't answer my questions, so if there is a concern, i'm hoping the dr. will call me, but until then i'm not going to worry about it..
July 26th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Cocoa Sashimi's Avatar Usually Lurking
No experience with an FFN test myself. Hwoever, I did do a search to see how it was performed. Every "how to" site explains that it is done with a speculum like shown here. Can you call the facility and ask exactly how the FFN should be done? What he did sounds odd/lazy.

July 26th, 2012, 03:31 PM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
The 3 times I had the fFn test done the speculum was used and it did hurt, a lot. I'd still be very cautious. Glad that you made it the two weeks though! 26 + weeks is a heckuvalot better than 24.

Thinking of you often!
Caroline - November '12

July 26th, 2012, 03:49 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
that sounds confusing. maybe you could mention it when you get the glucose results and see what they have to say about it a second opinion cant hurt either way. i hope what ever the awnsers are that they help you and autumn to get the best start possible.

July 26th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Country928's Avatar Marisa
Glad that you made it the 2 wks. I would call and see how they are sopose to do that test as it seems like he did do it wrong.
Still praying that the little baby stays in a whole lot longer.
July 26th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with the others. It doesn't sound right. I'd call and have them ask your regular doctor.
Cocoa Sashimi likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search