Back to the beginning...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2012, 05:01 PM
*Izzy's*Mommy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We were NTNP and I got pregnant last October (2011), thought everything was fine....went for an u/s in December at 11 weeks, and there was only an empty sac. Turns out it was a blighted ovum (empty sac). I took some misoprostol and flushed the sac out a week later (just before Christmas).

My dr told me to wait for one period before trying again, we did, and I got pregnant in February with this baby.

July 26th, 2012, 05:03 PM
BlndGrl8's Avatar Kaitlin & Cameron's Mommy
We were TTC for 3 months!! I joined JM before Kaitlin was born and was in the Dec 09 DDC/PR. Now I'm glad to be in this DDC and go through pregnancy with everyone!!
July 26th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Veteran
I went off BC in November, but we didn't start actively trying until January. Tried timing everything right and DTD for 6 days straight in Jan, but BFN(very stressful). We decided to take a break in Febuary because November is a month full of b-days in my family already, so we were not actively trying and only preventing by timing. Figured it probably wouldn't happen, since we tried so actively in January and nothing. But DTD once in feb(ovulated early), and got my BFP! Think it helped since there was no stress involved in trying. Minus all the b-days in my family(nephews is actually on my due date), november is a wonderful b-day month and we are very excited about this little girl
July 26th, 2012, 05:39 PM
anhoyle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We had been TTC for over 2 years, with one loss at 7 weeks 2 months after we first started trying. I tried everything from charting to OPKs and it turned out all I needed to do was let it go and relax. Once I focused on getting back into shape I got pregnant the 2nd month on my new diet and excercise routine after losing 13 lbs.
Hopolka likes this.

[/url

July 26th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Veteran
We had a miscarriage FEb 2011. We waited and waited and waited until we were brave enough to try again. I have PCOS. Ive either had to try VERY hard to get pregnant or it was a surprise. I thought about doing the fertility monitor. First month was a bust but we noticed I O'ed like on day 16. Next month we tried again and seen I O'ed on day 17. 2 weeks later I took a pregnancy test while DH and I were in a HUGE fight. A Big one. Ummm fight ended. LOL

July 26th, 2012, 08:22 PM
DenaMarie24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We decided to start trying for baby #4 in February, and got prego February 11th.

July 26th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Almondeyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Almondeyes
NTNP here. Had a BFP when we came back from our cruise. very exciting.

July 26th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Super Mommy
We had just eloped in December. Got my IUD out mid Jan and was preggers less than a month later. We were lucky to het pregnant right away but then I had all that bleeding, ER trips and puking etc so hasn't been an easy ride! almost done!
July 26th, 2012, 09:26 PM
LindsayGriff
We started trying to conceive around Dec 2010 when I got my IUD out. Thought it would just come easy as DS came so easy without even trying. After 6 months of charting and doing opks and nothing, I finally went to a reproductive endocrinologist and got myself tested. All my tests including my HSG came back fine so he wanted to test DH. I never thought anything would be wrong with him since we had DS but then his count came back really low, low enough that our only options were IVF or have a surgery to fix a varicocele that was making his count low. IUI was not an option since his count was so low. We chose to get him fixed and 2 wks before his scheduled surgery (10 months of trying) I got a BFP. I was shocked but luckily wanted DH to still go through with his surgery just in case. I am glad I had him do that as I miscarried at 10 1/2 wks, just 3 days after Christmas. We were told to wait one cycle and it took 5 wks for AF to show after the miscarriage so that pushed us into February and we started trying again. I never thought it would happen right away because they told us it would take at least 3 months for DH's count to start to come back after the surgery if it was going to work. Was shocked when I finally forced myself to test on 3/3/12 and it was a BFP again but was scared it wouldn't stick but luckily it did this time. So all in all it took about 14 months to finally conceive this sticky bean.

Thank you peimum for my siggy
July 26th, 2012, 09:27 PM
meddleman's Avatar Loving my girls!!!!
We were trying for our third and LAST baby. But I guess somehow we lucked out with a BOGO deal lol!

I joined Jm when I was pg with Mia.
Think4Yourself and Hopolka like this.
July 26th, 2012, 09:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Since it took 3 years and 1 MC to get pregnant with DS due to PCOS we decided to start TTC when DS was 9mo. That was the end Sept. I saw my OB to start getting my hormones back in line again. We did 3mo NTNP with Metformin and Phentrimine for weight loss. Then OB said that I could continue the with the med combo and go full TTC as long as I stopped the weight loss pills from O till AF just in case. Did 1mo OPK only and started charting after O that cycle. Got my BFP the next month. So 5-6 months total depending on if you count Sept since it was unmedicated.

July 27th, 2012, 01:51 AM
rachkel's Avatar Super Mommy
Back in '07, my OB told me that I had endometriosis and that I wouldn't be able to conceive. I've always been overly cautious and used protection though. DH and I got married last October and he's been dying for kids since we started dating! Fast forward a few months, and we decided to forgo any means of preventing for a couple of times... I think it may have just been 2 or 3. We figured, if I can't get pregnant anyway, whats the point in condoms?

I got my first BFP on our 4 month anniversary, Feb 21. I was in shock, he was thrilled!

Visit my blog! Lots of health and fitness insights... including pregnancy!

www.HealthFitnessLove.wordpress.com

July 27th, 2012, 06:59 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
It's so fun reading these stories now especially since we all know each other a little better at this point.

July 27th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
I agree with Amber. Reading these for some reason makes me a little emotional. You've all been on some amazing journeys. With one or two mc, procedures, pills, etc. And now you've got this miracle bean growing inside of you and were all almost to that 24 week threshold. I pray that we don't have any preemies but I know that's inevitable. I just hope we all continue to have somewhat uneventful pregnancies. *hugs all around!*
*Izzy's*Mommy* and rachkel like this.
July 27th, 2012, 07:22 AM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We were waiting until February to start TTC since I had a possible card tournament in France to play in and needed to be able to fly. I thought we missed the boat in Feb - but I O'd late. So here I am.

July 27th, 2012, 07:32 AM
Enceinte2012's Avatar Super Mommy
I had a surprise BFP on New Years eve - we were using condoms and pretty religious about it. A few days later I miscarried - was about 7 1/2 weeks.

In the few days between the positive test and the miscarriage, I was SO elated. DH was shocked (lol) and not really as pumped as me. However, we had a long talk and he decided to agree with me, and try for one more. By the time he came to the decision to have another in February, I was actually already pregnant with this baby, and we just didn't know it yet! Glad he decided to come on board

We are so super excited now, as is DD.

It's so great to read everyone's stories! Thanks for sharing, ladies!

~*~Meghann~*~
Proud Mommy to Amber and Addyson

July 27th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Veteran
I had just stopped taking my bc, in jan, and was just pulling out, and i got my first period off of my birth control, suprisingly right on schedule as if i had been taking my bc, so i though i knew pretty well when i would be Oing becuase i had a perfect 28 day cycle, i was going to go bak on bc the next month, i only stopped taking it because of something with my insurance and lack of money to pay for the pack, anywho i guess we just didnt pull out on the wrong day lol and well here i am, i didnt think i was preg till like 5 days after my missed period cuz it took that long to get me a pos test, i must of o'd later then i thought

Thank You Peimum for my beautiful siggy (:

July 27th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Nicole1481's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I loved reading everyones stories Some of you have been on an amazing journey. My heart goes out to all of you that have experienced losses.

I got my IUD of Sep 10. I had an early miscarriage March 2011. I got pregnant Sept of 2011, I had bad pain on my right side that progressed to red bleeding so I went to ER. They did I beta, I think my #s were in the 2200. I knew it was too low. They did and US and couldnt see anything and told me it was just too early (I was 6wks pregnant). They told me my cervix was closed and just to go home and rest. I saw my OB a few days later. He did an ultrasound and told me my uterus was empty and I had a miscarriage. Fast forward 4wks, had the pain again on my right side, followed by the same red bleeding (it was a saturday). I saw my OB on Wednesday and he said he saw what he thought to be a blood clot on my right ovary. He did a repeat beta draw. He called me the next day (he has never called my in the 13yrs he's been my OB, so I thought I was dying. ) He told me my beta numbers went up and I needed emergency surgery because I had an ectopic pregnancy. So that puts me at about 10wks along. He had to remove my entire right tube and pregnancy was growing into my uterus. He told me I would just have a tiny scar, where he would take the pregnancy out from. Turns out it was so advanced he had to do a 2" incision to remove it. That was Novmeber 4th

I got my BFP with baby Colt in March with only 1 fallopian tube. I am so thankful.

July 28th, 2012, 01:06 AM
NorthTXMomof3's Avatar Veteran
It took us exactly 2 weeks. I found out 5 days before my period I was pregnant!
July 28th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Think4Yourself's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We started ttc around Halloween 2010.. we wanted our kids about 2 or less years together and hoped it wouldn't take too long. I knew how everything worked so I started checking my body for signs from the start and sometimes using opks. After about 8 months we got our BFP! We were ecstatic but about a week or so later I started bleeding and lost that one quickly.

We went back to trying, doing everything possible to track and try and get pregnant and finally after close to a year and a half of ttc and pretty much everyone else getting pregnant but myself, I said screw it and tried taking soy supplements. You can take a certain amount for 3 days of the beginning of your cycle and it works as a natural clomid. Got knocked up on the first try!! I was so nervous the first few weeks and drove myself crazy thinking those first cramps were normal but here I am!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search