(OT)People in my yard w.o permission!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By BluEeyes
  • 2 Post By wild&free

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2012, 04:31 PM
SarahxSyanide's Avatar Super Mommy
People all over my street just hang out in my yard and play sports! I have a shared yard with the house behind me, which is fine if they're in the yard. They aren't Just random people playing frisbee in my yard! I don't like it at all and i'm extremely uncomfortable with them being around. I know I should just go talk to them but they're all grown men, and I'm alone. I've never really lived close to neighbors before so it makes me EXTREMELY uncomfortable. My landlord said she talked to the neighbors, but apparently they didn't listen.
I don't know if i should just call the cops? My landlord is in ME so she can't really come talk to them as I'm in NH. I don't know what to do!!
~Genevieve Violet Born October 31st at 10:42pm 10lbs 1oz 22inches.~
Breastfeeding for 5 months!
]
July 26th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Veteran
You could always but up a no trespassing sign, lol... hopefully that would work?
July 26th, 2012, 04:44 PM
I'm going to go out tonight when my hubby gets home to get some. I just didn't know what to do now. They've all left on their own accord, but it really stresses me out. I called my mom and cried I'm all alone, and I'm not comfortable with going out there and saying something. So hopefully they'll get the hint when I put up the signs. If they don't, they'll be seeing the cops roll up.
]
July 26th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Yeah, that would kind of bother me too. I wouldn't want anyone in my yard. I'd probably end up putting up a no trespassing sign too. If someone got hurt on your property that brings up another whole set of problems too.

July 26th, 2012, 05:18 PM
I texted my husband about it and he told me I can't do that because we don't own the property and whoever the landlord says can come on the lawn can come on the lawn. *** IS HE TALKING ABOUT! I live here! She's in ME! We have an agreement with one house and one house only! It really pisses me off when he's so ignorant sometimes. He doesn't listen to me he just says whatever he thinks is the right answer! He knows i've spoken to her about it before, he knows she was suppose to say something. It is not my fault the neighbors don't listen to her. I'm paying to live here. I have the right to be comfortable in my own home!!
]
July 26th, 2012, 07:44 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I definatly understand where your comeing from so not trying to start anything but technically he is right if its shared property you cant tell ppl to leave if the others told them to come. now if no one told them they could be there then by all means you can tell them to get the f out.

however the cops wont remove ppl from community property unless the landlord or owner tells them or they are being destructive troublesome. now if they come in the apartment its a whole different ballgame thats your space but the yard doesnt belong soly to you so its not the same.

edit* this is based on it being shared or community property but talk to your landlord there going to be able to handel it or tell you how to handel it the best since its there property.

Last edited by NewGurl; July 26th, 2012 at 07:58 PM.
July 26th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Super Mommy
Men don't get that whole stranger thing.
I would try talking to the landlord again or the neighbours. If you are renting the house then you are renting the yard and I thought that usualy means no one can come on it without permission. Here even landlords need to give 24 hrs notice unless it is an emergency. Or call the on emergency police line and see what they say. It would freak me out too.
July 26th, 2012, 10:15 PM
I understand what you're saying NewGurl, but nobody said they could come on the yard. They were not with the people we share the yard with. They just came to visit some friends down the street and came into the yard. My landlord said they would talk to our neighbors weeks ago. Im not sure if she ever did, but she told me she would. If she did they are not listening.

And Antrim, nowhere in our lease does it say anyone on the street can come into our yard. That's exactly how I see it. I'm paying the rent to live here. I'm paying to be comfortable and use the lawn when I need it. They are not. I'm never complaining about the people who share the yard, because I know they are allowed to use it. I'm solely complaining about the people who are not sharing the lawn. Who are not paying or have signed a lease agreeing to these terms. The worst part is, my car is in the driveway. 3 feet from where they play. If they every hit my car....oohhh I'd be livid!

I don't feel comfortable talking to them, because they are grown men, and I've always lived in a place where my neighbors were 2 miles down the road. Or everyone had their own yard. I can't even make myself go to the windows when they're in the yard. That's how nervous and stressed out I get about it.
]
July 27th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Veteran
As long as they arent visiting the other neighbors, which im thinking they werent, then you have all rights to call the cops, i would have, people have no respect for others people spaces these days, you pay to live there and for that piece of land. Just because you rent does not mean anything. Maybe you could talk to your landlord about a fence? Idk if thats something youd b into specially since its a rental, but maybe you could work something out if its bothering you that much.
SarahxSyanide likes this.

Thank You Peimum for my beautiful siggy (:

July 27th, 2012, 07:38 AM
I woke up this morning, and there is a car parked on our lawn Without permission. My land lord said I could put up signs, as long as they are 'reasonable'. I feel like she was implying something there. Anyways, now I don't know what to do about this car on my lawn. I don't know who it belongs to. The worst part, they left and came back and parked on the lawn again.
]
July 27th, 2012, 08:13 AM
That is a huge pet peeve of mine! I have neighbors across the street that think just because my house is set off far from the road that my front yard is free game for people to park on when they have parties. Actually IN my lawn. I would call the cops on the car.

July 27th, 2012, 08:15 AM
That's what I did. He just pulled up. Ill KYU.
]
July 27th, 2012, 08:18 AM
wild&free's Avatar My name is Kelli :)
I was going to say call the cops too. That is beyond ridiculous!

.fearfully and wonderfully made.
eli grey // jude lawrence
forever loving Finley
July 27th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Well we'd have to get our land lords phone call to have the car towed. I'm telling you, she won't do that. She grew up on this street and she has friends blah blah blah. So the cop is going to pound on doors, and see if he can get it moved. In the future, I'm going to see if the signs work out.

Of course it was some old man He moved it into our neighbors drive-way, which I don't know why he couldn't do that in the beginning but whatever it's done. I hope this doesn't become a problem. I need to feel safe and comfortable in my own home.
]
July 27th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Glad you got it moved. I just think it is sooo disrespectful when people do that. Really makes my blood boil. My husband had to hold me back from egging the 10 cars that were parked in my yard like it was a friggin parking lot.

July 27th, 2012, 03:22 PM
If i was having a real hormonal day, I'd probably do something crazy like that too!
]
July 27th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Super Mommy
I feel so bad for you. It sounds like such an invasion into your space. Can you move your car onto the lawn and block their play area for a while till they stop coming around? Or put up a barrier of some sort?
July 27th, 2012, 09:07 PM
I don't want to put my car on the lawn. We have a designated drive way. I know what you're saying, but I'm just going to put up a sign and if that doesn't get the point across, I'll be calling the cops.
]
July 28th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Super Mommy
Good luck! Hope they take the hint.
July 28th, 2012, 11:29 AM
mrs.wagner.10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thats just part of renting, I have a shared yard and theres nothing I can do if they are in my part of the yard. My best advise for you is to find a different place that is not a shared yard. Even if the people in the yard they can say that they know this person and nothing will be done about it.

7 lbs 7 oz 21" 11/4/12 2:11 pmThank you Kiliki for my amazing Siggy!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search