Nursing Bras

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2012, 08:47 PM
meddleman's Avatar Loving my girls!!!!
If you are like me and plan on nursing for 1+ years, you NEED to invest in a good nursing bra. With my oldest I bought from Motherhood, and wasn't happy with any of them - they weren't comfy, they kept falling apart, they weren't supportive for my G cup...

With Mia, I bought the Bravado Body Silk nursing bras and they are AMAZING. They aren't cheap, but so SO worth the money especially for those who nurse long-term!! They were actually really supportive and held up so well. They are also meant to last you through the end of your pregnancy, when your milk comes in, and during your entire nursing time by the way they stretch to accommodate all those different sizes Just thought I'd share, I'm getting ready to order a couple because my current bras are getting too tight and I don't want to buy new ones for just the next couple of mos!
July 27th, 2012, 06:03 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
I'll have to look into these. I need a decent nursing bra. The ones I had from my first were pathetic and had no support at all.

July 27th, 2012, 06:44 AM
Country928's Avatar Marisa
Ill have to check into them. Glad you found ones you love
July 27th, 2012, 07:31 AM
Jannell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing! I need to invest in some good ones. I BF Isabella for about 15 months with crappy Target bras. I will for sure need new ones before this one arrives.
July 27th, 2012, 08:47 AM
newserenity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll have to check them out too! I have yet to find a nursing bra I like. For some reason they all fit me smaller than the regular bra in the same size, the ones I have tried feel tight! I just moved up to a 36D bra and the 36D nursing bras were digging into me and they were itchy and gross.

July 27th, 2012, 10:06 AM
BlndGrl8's Avatar Kaitlin & Cameron's Mommy
Where can you buy a Bravado nursing bra? I need a good one too!!
July 27th, 2012, 11:08 AM
fireflyluna13's Avatar Super Mommy
I used the Bravado bras with both my first pregnancies and loved them. I had a very hard time returning to regular bras when I was finished BF-ing. When my BB's got so sore and big at the beginning of this pregnancy I went out and got 2 Bravado. I want to get more as soon as this little guy comes out and I know how big the BB's are gonna get. Luckily my hospital sells them.
~Selena, mom to 3 boys: Alex 10, William 8. and Baby boy #3 Lukas Araya born 10/28/2012

Lukas was born with moderate to severe metopic craniosynostosis with trigonocephaly. Corrective surgery performed March 18, 2013. We are on the other side!!!
July 27th, 2012, 11:18 AM
fireflyluna13's Avatar Super Mommy
I googled Bravado Bras to see where to buy them and found this site that has free delivery and returns/exchanges. Check the size chart out for ordering.

Bravado Nursing Bras: Allure, Bliss, Sublime, Original, Seamless (Body Silk)
BlndGrl8 likes this.
~Selena, mom to 3 boys: Alex 10, William 8. and Baby boy #3 Lukas Araya born 10/28/2012

Lukas was born with moderate to severe metopic craniosynostosis with trigonocephaly. Corrective surgery performed March 18, 2013. We are on the other side!!!
July 27th, 2012, 11:39 AM
~l~
Thanks for sharing! I was just researching good nursing bras two days ago!
July 27th, 2012, 02:20 PM
If you go to their website they have a store locator. I don't have a local store so I order online. Their return policy is awesome and super easy

I've heard their nursing tanks are amazing, too, but I don't do tanks just bc I don't think they give my giganto boobs good enough support. But for those that don't have that problem, definitely look into them!!
July 27th, 2012, 04:13 PM
BlndGrl8's Avatar Kaitlin & Cameron's Mommy
So if you order now, then they are supposed to fit later in pregnancy and through nursing when the milk comes in? That would be great! Can you sleep in them too?
July 27th, 2012, 07:28 PM
rachkel's Avatar Super Mommy
Ok.... now I'm a little scared. I don't remember where I read it, but somewhere I read a statement that basically said at the end of the second trimester, your breasts will be "ready for breastfeeding" and they won't grow anymore. Is that not true? I don't want to buy anything if they're just gonna grow more!

Visit my blog! Lots of health and fitness insights... including pregnancy!

www.HealthFitnessLove.wordpress.com

July 28th, 2012, 10:11 AM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachkel
Ok.... now I'm a little scared. I don't remember where I read it, but somewhere I read a statement that basically said at the end of the second trimester, your breasts will be "ready for breastfeeding" and they won't grow anymore. Is that not true? I don't want to buy anything if they're just gonna grow more!
NO! When your milk comes in they will grow an insane amount more. Then when you get into a routine of feeding they will eventually "level out". For the first couple months they will grow and shrink as your milk comes in and after baby nurses.
~l~ likes this.

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
July 28th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlndGrl8 View Post
So if you order now, then they are supposed to fit later in pregnancy and through nursing when the milk comes in? That would be great! Can you sleep in them too?
Yep, if you read the description of the body silk bra on their site they even say so! And I bought mine in the last trimester with Mia and wore it throughout the end of my pregnancy, through my milk coming in, and all the way until she weaned at 14 mos old! You could sleep in them if you wanted, they don't have underwire. (this specific kind doesn't, i think they do sell some with a wire but I avoid udnerwires when nursing to avoid clogged ducts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachkel View Post
LOL, NO! They will continue to grow and get huge(er) when your milk comes in.
July 28th, 2012, 09:18 PM
MrsLucy's Avatar Super Mommy
Thanks so much for the tip! I did not want to nurse for 12+ months with those target nursing bras again.

July 28th, 2012, 09:53 PM
rachkel's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh man..... I don't want them to get bigger! Hahahaha!

Visit my blog! Lots of health and fitness insights... including pregnancy!

www.HealthFitnessLove.wordpress.com

July 28th, 2012, 10:03 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A few of my friends have said not to bother buying nursing bras because when your at home its easier just to take it off or lift it up anyway so you can just get regular old cotton sports bras for way cheaper. I was just wondering what the advantages of a nurseing bra are? I dont want to cheap out if its going to be really helpfull but lets face it im cheap lol. and also i was wondering why they said to get sports bras instead of like normal bras can you not were normal ones when you nurse or is it just a comfort thing?

July 29th, 2012, 06:43 AM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachkel View Post
I do think it depends on the person. I never grew in size while nursing E, I stayed a C the entire time (and never ever had any issue with milk production either, lol!). But a lot of people do grow more when their milk comes in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGurl View Post
A few of my friends have said not to bother buying nursing bras because when your at home its easier just to take it off or lift it up anyway so you can just get regular old cotton sports bras for way cheaper. I was just wondering what the advantages of a nurseing bra are? I dont want to cheap out if its going to be really helpfull but lets face it im cheap lol. and also i was wondering why they said to get sports bras instead of like normal bras can you not were normal ones when you nurse or is it just a comfort thing?
I personally can't imagine being able to easily get my boob out of a regular bra and I definitely wouldn't want to use a sports bra, as they are usually tight and meant to hold your boobs in and will definitely cause issues with plugged ducts and pain! There are definitely cheaper options (heck walmart sells nursing bras for $10-15), but I'm sure Magda is pointing out some nicer options

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

July 29th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGurl View Post
Ditto what Katherine said. I wouldn't use a regular bra bc it would be a pain to get your boob out each time and not so comfortable. You are supposed to avoid sports bras anyway, since they are meant to fit tight and anything tight like that can cause plugged ducts and infections. I couldn't imagine nursing without a nursing bra of some sort.

And yes you can find cheaper options, but when nursing for a long period of time I personally would pay more money for comfort!
MrsLucy likes this.
July 29th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They don't make the body silk in my pregnancy cup size, but I found other styles that will work for me!

Bare Necessities® | Shop All Top Bra & Lingerie Brands! has a coupon code you can use for 30% off Bravado Bras! It just worked for me and the website where I found the code said it's valid for two more days. BNP20SAVE
MrsLucy likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search