I dont wanna gain weight

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By Belita
  • 5 Post By white.house
  • 1 Post By kristiemarie518
  • 3 Post By .h00dihoo.this.
  • 2 Post By NorthTXMomof3

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2012, 08:09 AM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yeah I know keep baby healthy its only natural to gain weight your pregnant your going to keep growing. but seriously I dont want to gain anymore weight I dont want to get any bigger I dont want my boobs to grow or my butt to jiggle or for my thighs to have creases when I sit down.

apparently I have stretch marks On my butt and the bottom of my boobs apparently I also for the first time ever have parts of my body I cant see without major adjustments and mirror trickery. This is why I was not aware of said stretch marks because there are now parts of my body I have to lift to see the rest of me.

I am not ok with this. I know im one of those annoying little skinny kids who whines about how they look when they should just go shove a burger down their throat. Iv been told so before you can say it agin IDk its probably true But Im seriously kinda flipping out a little bit. I mean Im always hungry now so I know Ill eat im not really scared of that anymore. I just feel like crap about being bigger even though I know It has to happen and if I feel like crap now I dont even wanna think about how im gonna treat myself in another 3 months. or after baby pops out and I cant use it as an excuse anymore but that weight is still just sitting there.

July 27th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My OB said on Tuesday that most women lose 20lbs after giving birth without even trying. I'm sure if you've always been very skinny you'll lose it very quickly. There is a girl I worked with who gained a lot while pregnant and she was always a size 4 before getting pregnant. 6 weeks later you couldn't tell she'd been pregnant at all. She had a tiny bit of a belly, but by the time she was 3 months postpartum you'd never guess.
Mollyjayne likes this.

July 27th, 2012, 08:28 AM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Weight gain is just another part of pregnancy. It's going to happen. It can be really stressful for some (including myself) and really affect body image, but when it comes down to it it is a sacrifice we make for our children; if you can, try to think of it that way.
To be completely honest, weight gain is not the only change though. Your body will change after having children, it is just a given. Stretch marks, hair loss, varicose veins, flab in certain places, hair texture changes, scars for some etc. It's okay to grieve the "loss" of your pre-baby self-image. However, I don't think you should beat yourself up over it. The mother's body is a beautiful thing and it is sad to me how society degrades that image or expects mothers to bounce back into unrealistic expectations. Ramble, ramble

This kind of concerns me though:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGurl View Post
if I feel like crap now I dont even wanna think about how im gonna treat myself in another 3 months or after baby pops out and I cant use it as an excuse anymore but that weight is still just sitting there.

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
July 27th, 2012, 11:02 AM
kristiemarie518's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, I don't want to be Debbie downer but regardless of whether you were one of those girls who lost weight without thinking before, pregnancy changes your body and you might not drop it without trying (like me...I didn't lose anything after baby was born except actual baby weight). But if it's important to you, make a committment to work on losing it.

But you don't know. Some women do look like they've never had a baby only months after birth.

Just know we're all in the same boat. No one likes to gain weight.
tinx likes this.

July 27th, 2012, 12:28 PM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
should have thought of that before spreading the ol' eagle LOL
tinx, rachkel and SarahxSyanide like this.
July 27th, 2012, 01:32 PM
NorthTXMomof3's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by .h00dihoo.this.
should have thought of that before spreading the ol' eagle LOL
LOL. I always love your bluntness.
mollymalone and SarahxSyanide like this.
July 27th, 2012, 02:33 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
lol Tasha I normally hate your comments and yet the one that should actually be offensive to me got me rolling......... go figure.

I Know Im just gonna have to suck it up and get my jiggly butt down to a track once this is all done. im just saying i think there needs to be a redesign on the whole pregnancy thing I mean seriously higher power whats with all the negative side effects. If im going to gain this much weight it should be because I won an unlimited supply of papa johns or something.

July 27th, 2012, 02:52 PM
rachkel's Avatar Super Mommy
I've reached the point in my pregnancy where I can just look at food and I'll gain weight lol! I'm really, REALLY, trying to not let it affect me. I've always had self image issues, and my rapidly growing belly isn't helping at all.

I've been focusing on eating a lot of fruits and veggies. Yogurts too. Instead of ice cream at night, I'll eat a bowl of Special K Chocolatey Delight! Its my newest addiction lol. And once the baby is born, I have my workouts all lined up and same with nutritional supplements

Every now and then I'll eat some junk or fast food, but its maybe once a week. I also track my calorie intake on MyFitnessPal.com ... not to restrict myself, but to make sure I'm getting enough. I try to walk or workout 3-4 times a week. The more you workout now, the easier it'll be to get back into it after baby is born.

I know they say theres nothing you can do to prevent stretch marks, but rub some vitamin e oil, or some lotion with vitamin e in it, all over your belly, boobs, hips and butt. It may not do anything, but I love pampering myself like that!

Visit my blog! Lots of health and fitness insights... including pregnancy!

www.HealthFitnessLove.wordpress.com

July 27th, 2012, 05:12 PM
turtlefly's Avatar Veteran
i think im the only one who wants to gain weight.... im still not showing that much, i guess that's a good thing...

July 27th, 2012, 07:07 PM
SarahxSyanide's Avatar Super Mommy
When i look at my stomach i'm disgusted. I have a flap at the bottom that would look so much cuter if it weren't there. I'll life it up and see what my baby belly looks like without it and it makes me really depressed. I wish I could have the cute belly but I don't.
~Genevieve Violet Born October 31st at 10:42pm 10lbs 1oz 22inches.~
Breastfeeding for 5 months!
]
July 27th, 2012, 07:54 PM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
LOL i apologize, i am very blunt & sarcastic! its 98% of the time just in fun i promise lol!!!
July 27th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Think4Yourself's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was 110 and size 0 when I got pregnant with my son.. I wore my 0's almmosstt till the end (then unbuttoned lol) and pretty much stayed the same size, plus belly. I gained 30ish pounds altogether and dropped it all right after he was born with the help of nursing and just being small. I did manage to gain it all back and then some a year later when we slowed down on nursing and I kept my same eating habits LOL

but the point is, if you are motivated to get it back off after the baby is born then you can do it. Your body will likely never be exactly the same, but that doesn't mean you will be a big ole fat person after the baby comes!

And gaining weight doesn't necessarily mean gaining fat. The baby will get up to 7ish pounds, then you have all the water in there, the placenta and uterus weight, the water and blood weight, and then the bigger boobs weight. That all adds up a lot even without any regular weight gain. So just because the scale is going up doesn't really mean anything

July 29th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am smaller sized (at about 140lbs pre pg) and both previous pgs I gained 40+lbs. Luckily i am very tall and with walking a lot and breastfeeding i lost 95% by 3 months. But I love having a baby shape! I´ve never had boobs or a butt, so its a nice change for me.

July 29th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it's hard on everyone (or almost). I didn't ever think I'd have any issues with it, after all I spent years with serious "bump envy"... and even now part of me is really happy to be showing and I don't get too offended when people say my bump is huuuuuge - because it is! But it still isn't easy and it's true that I don't really want to get much bigger than this. But I will and that's normal and ok.

So far I've been able to avoid stretchmarks by rubbing in a special lotion I bought at the pharmacy morning and night... but if it makes you feel better I have tons of stretchmarks from puberty on my hips and butt and they do fade... now they are actually silvery and sort of pretty, I guess. I figure that any pregnancy stretchmarks will probably fade too with time.

As for getting in shape again after baby, it will happen if you work at it. On myfitnesspal there are lots of success stories of women who lost weight after a baby and posted pictures and their stories in the forums. On days where I'm scared about that I just read a story or two on there and I feel better

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search