BW2's New Things...UPDATED

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MarlowesMum

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2012, 08:50 AM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Arm's Reach MINI Co-Sleeper in tan dot- picked up gently used (smoke free/pet-free home) on Craig's List from a very nice lady who threw in the extension legs and spare sheets. YAY!!!

Recordable storybook - recorded by BW2's great-grandparents in Florida. (Marlowe has one of these that she loves - also from the great-grands)

Baby Girl's FIRST NEW outfit!!! (That is, something that is NOT her big sister's hand me down)

Baby Girl's FIRST gift from someone else ("Auntie & Uncle" T from Chicago):

Matching Booties from Grandma! (TOTALLY unplanned!)

Grandma found these at the grocery store (really?) and thought they were super cute. Size S, so I can bring to the hospital!

First Etsy purchase - the "first photo" prop for my two little girls:

BW2's "Coming Home" Outfit from Angel Dear:

Mommy's hospital outfit, a nursing pajama set from Belabumbum:

Baby girl's first Xmas "shoes":

Aden & Anais goodies:

Misc Gifted Clothing:

A knit newborn hat/photo prop - picked up at a local craft show..

Last edited by MarlowesMum; November 30th, 2012 at 05:35 AM.
July 27th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
What a cute book!!!

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

July 29th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Aww that book is too cute! I'm going to have to find one of those.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

{Our family blog}

July 30th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Thanks girls. They're actually a really amazing thing to have. My grandparents live in Florida, so we only get to see them about 1x per year and they're really very old. I know it's only a matter of time before they're no longer with us, and I treasure the fact that my kids will be able to at least know their great-grandparents voices, even if they don't remember them.
Cassie.S likes this.
August 1st, 2012, 08:25 AM
** Tay **'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Fun!!! I thought about getting a co-sleeper like that too - but i think were gonna just stick to the bassinet we have already :/ at least it leaves me more money to spend elsewhere!!

and those tights are soooooo cute that came with the new outfit!!

August 2nd, 2012, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ** Tay ** View Post
Fun!!! I thought about getting a co-sleeper like that too - but i think were gonna just stick to the bassinet we have already :/ at least it leaves me more money to spend elsewhere!!

and those tights are soooooo cute that came with the new outfit!!
We used a "in the bed" co-sleeper called a snuggle nest last time around, when DD decided after coming home from the hospital that laying in our heirloom bassinet was like lying in the bowels of hell. It worked great, but DH spent the next 5 months tensed up in bed. Even though he knew he couldn't roll on top of her in the snuggle nest, he still couldn't help sleeping with a tensed up back. My hope is that by purchasing this co-sleeper, he'll be able to sleep more soundly and without a geeked up back. Plus, that way, if DD still wants to jump into bed with us occasionally, we're good with that. (Love me some family bed.) Wish me luck.

Thanks, Tara. Yes...we all know that newborn baby socks are a myth and will not stay on unless physically stapled and/or glued to our child's foot. Tights are my answer. (That and babylegs...did you use babylegs with your DD?) Plus - it's like a baby shoe/sock all in one. I'm a sucker for baby shoes.
August 2nd, 2012, 06:53 AM
** Tay **'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ya we do the family bed too... but I like to have somewhere else for baby to lay upstairs too - Our room is upstairs and all others are downstairs. With Ty, as she got a bit older, she would start the night in her bassinet and it would give us at least a little time to stretch out!

YES! LOVE babylegs... and their brand tights and socks are pretty great too
they were running a huge sale this week too, might still be!!! buy one get THREE free and it was mix and match babylegs, tights and socks -

August 16th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Check out our new ETSY purchased photo prop for the girls! BUMP
August 16th, 2012, 11:43 AM
BraidensMommy's Avatar Veteran
I love the bunny hat! So cute!

September 6th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Added booties & new diaper wrap. More to come later after I take photos!
September 24th, 2012, 11:43 AM
BUMP! So much to add from Chicago trip, but I haven't taken photos yet! I did find a picture of the little newborn layette that I bought online, so I've added that. It's a little cream sweater set - and it's so tiny and gorgeous. Plus, I love the kimono style tops.
Also, added a photo that I found online of my new belabumbum pajamas. I like bringing a brand spanking new (never been worn) set of pajamas to the hospital. My mommy bought me this set when we were in a boutique in Chicago!

Last edited by MarlowesMum; September 24th, 2012 at 11:54 AM.
October 2nd, 2012, 11:27 AM
Also need to add photos of the loot scored from my BFF in Chicago, including:

*A set of 3 Aden & Anais Bamboo Muslin Swaddlers
* An Aden & Anais Burpie Bib (very cool - burp cloth size/shape, with snaps to use as a bib as baby grows!)
* Aden & Anais Towel/Washcloth set
* Mam bottle and Mam teething ring
* And a bag FULL of baby girl clothes from her friend that was getting rid of their baby stuff. (BFF is pregnant with a boy, so she doesn't need those.)

EDITED TO ADD: posted photos of the Aden & Anais goodies, as well as some clothes that DH's mom bought for us, and BW2's first pair of Christmas "shoes". Parenthetically, DH was really confused by the shoes, since they're actually more like ribbons that merely wrap around the baby's feet. I think they're darling...

Last edited by MarlowesMum; October 3rd, 2012 at 06:20 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search