Babies Growth?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By ipsa

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2012, 10:47 PM
zaynsmomma's Avatar Super Mommy
How much did your baby weigh at birth?
How much does your baby weigh now?
What percentile are they in for weight and height now?

Kaylin weighed 6.6 lbs at birth. At 3 1/2 months she only weighs 11.5lbs. She's below the 20th percentile. One of my husbands coworkers had a baby about a month ago, the baby was almost 8 lbs at birth and at 1 month she is 11lbs. She is the exact same size as Kaylin but 2 1/2 months younger.

I know all babies grow at different speeds but I can't help but worry that maybe Kaylin isn't growing right.

July 27th, 2012, 10:58 PM
pr1madona's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Juliet was 7lbs 2oz and now at 3 months is 12lbs. Her dr isn't concerned about her growth. Sometimes babies will gain height before weight.....

July 27th, 2012, 11:17 PM
Veteran
Sofia was 7lbs 7 oz at birth. Last we checked about 3 weeks ago she was 13lbs 2ozs

She's pretty tall for how old she is.

I wouldn't worry about the weight gain, like PP said, some grow tall, and some grow wide

If anyone asks - just say she's contemplating the direction of her expansion.
July 28th, 2012, 04:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
I wouldn't worry either. As long as she has plenty of wet diapers and is meeting milestones.
Grant was 9.12 at birth and was 17.13 at 3 months so probably 18ish now. He's a tank though.

July 28th, 2012, 07:42 AM
ipsa's Avatar Mommy Times Two
It's not about how your baby grows compared to other babies, it's how steady and consistent her own growth is. If she's gaining slowly but consistently, and she's peeing and pooping fine, don't worry. Some babies are small. I'd only be concerned if she had a sudden or dramatic drop in weight gain between appointments.
owensmom, Shadeauxe and Clutch like this.

thanks to Jenn for this beautiful siggy

[/url]
July 28th, 2012, 08:24 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How much did your baby weigh at birth? 8lbs 9oz
How much does your baby weigh now? 13lbs 14oz
What percentile are they in for weight and height now? 50% for height, 60% for weight

I would only worry about weight/length if she falls off of her curve. Christian was a small baby, between 10-20% at every visit and he's still a little guy. Only 40lbs and he's 6. As long as she is having plenty of wet diapers and she is eating, I wouldn't worry about it.

=May '05 and '11

July 28th, 2012, 06:33 PM
WrightWife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How much did your baby weigh at birth? 7 lbs 5 oz
How much does your baby weigh now? 14 lbs 9 oz as of tuesday, he is 3 1/2 months today
What percentile are they in for weight and height now? not sure...he was only weighed because we thought he had an ear infection and took him to the dr. At his 2 month visit he was 50th percentile.

I agree with the other mamas. As long as she is wetting fine and hitting milestones i wouldn't worry. One of my good friends had a little girl in Jauary and she was 9 lbs 15 oz at birth. At her 6 month visit this week, she was 15 lbs even - thats only 7 oz more than Arthur and they are 3 months apart! She is just a slow gainer, and he is a fast gainer. It's your job as a mom to worry about everything, but if your dr isn't concerned I think you are fine.

July 28th, 2012, 06:45 PM
shanirah's Avatar Mommy Strawberry
She was 10lbs 6 oz at birth
At 2 1/2 months she was 12lbs 15 oz. I would assume she is about 14 now. She is in the 90% of both height and weight and I mentioned it to her doctor and he said she was on the same percentage as when she was born and that they want her to stay on that curve and they would worry if she deviated a whole bunch either up or down.

“First things first, but not necessarily in that order.” The Doctor

July 29th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Super Mommy
How much did your baby weigh at birth? 4 lbs 12 oz
How much does your baby weigh now? not sure... I think around 13 pounds
What percentile are they in for weight and height now? They don't give him percentiles since he was a preemie

Joshua - 11/02/05
Matthew - 2/17/12 - Born at 33 weeks 5 days

July 29th, 2012, 10:31 PM
zaynsmomma's Avatar Super Mommy
I guess I just worry because my son was a fast gainer. He went from being in the 5th percentile at birth to above the 80th by the time he was 3 months old. Dr. always said he was built like me at birth and grew like DH.

Kaylin has been very consistent with both her weight gain and height. The dr says not to worry, but yk, we worry about everything.

July 29th, 2012, 10:33 PM
missm0011's Avatar Super Mommy
Vivienne was 7.5lbs and 20.5in at birth. She was 17lbs and 26in at her 3 month appointment which falls above the 97%. She's a mini beast. I definitely wouldn't worry too much about growth unless there was a significant drop in weight. Babies are like adults, they come in all shapes and sizes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search