Cloth diaper mommas!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By 3kids3cats
  • 3 Post By Nicole1481

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 28th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Think4Yourself's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know there were quite a few in here planning to cloth diaper. What kinds are you getting? Has anyone bought any fluff yet?!

I haven't yet, and have no idea what kinds. We CD with DS but didn't start until over a year so the newborn stuff is new to me completely. I think I'm just gonna get a little of everything and see what we like the most

July 28th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't buy any newborn sizes, but I bought the Fuzzibunz one size. They feel so soft!!!

July 28th, 2012, 12:18 PM
3kids3cats's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am new to cloth diapering & haven't bought anything yet.
I think we are going to use disposables for the first few weeks and then move on to Bumgenius All-In-Ones.
There is a great store nearby that does cloth diapering info workshops on Saturdays. They also give a 10% coupon for a diaper shopping-spree....and that's when I will get my stash. It's going to cost a small fortune as it is!
Nicole1481 likes this.

July 28th, 2012, 12:40 PM
I have plenty of newborn disposables, so that is my plan, too, Arwen. I figure I'll adjust to having a newborn at home first, then tackle cloth diapering since I'm new to it. That's neat about the cloth diapering workshops! I'll have to look into seeing if there are any in my area!

July 28th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Oooh ooh, fyi, there are many CD groups online! I have bought most of our cloth previously owned, and it cuts the prices in half or lower. As low as 5-10$ a diaper for the cheaper ones. Here's one of em for those interested: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ClothDiaperSwap/

July 28th, 2012, 01:21 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
We are also doing NB sposies until we get a better fit with our pockets and AIOs! I wanted to try prefolds, but we've already got diapers as gifts so might as well use them!

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
July 28th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Nicole1481's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just made 2 newborn fitteds this morning. Planning on making probably a dozen or so. I tweeked the Very Baby diaper pattern and used micro fiber and flannel for the soaker. Outside of diaper I did in a cute print flannel and sherpa and cotton velvet.

inside of soaker, I didnt want the diaper to be too bulky so I sewed a double layer right where I need it.

Inside of finished diaper

Outside

Diaper #2

Im pretty happy with the way they came out. I have enough PUL to do 2 or 3 covers. So Ill start work on those soon. Im planning on getting some covers (probably prowraps and thursties) and some kissaluvs fitteds. I will probably get a dozen or so prefolds too. I dont really like FB for the newborn stage. I might get a couple of wool covers too.

July 28th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Jannell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I started buying a little NB (Lil Joeys, BG AIO xs etc) before I got pregnant if I saw a great deal. Now I probably have enough NB but that doesn't stop me. lol
I know a lot of people use prefolds and covers for the NB stage.
July 28th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have grovia and bumgenius newborn sizes but i will mostly use prefolds and covers (bummis and thirsties brand) until shes into one size diapers. If i have a preemie she could be pretty small so i would have to wait a long time before shes 8+ lbsto fit in one size stuff

im also considering lil joeys and kissaluvs size 0.... if i have extra money down the line

July 28th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Lil' joeys are one of the ones I want to try as well! They look like a good fit for smaller babies from what I can tell, and caleb was less than 7 pounds so if this baby is tiny too I don't want him/her swallowed by diaper! lol

July 28th, 2012, 06:52 PM
~l~
I have a handful of xs and small thirsties fitteds and covers from DD1, but I plan to get about 12-15 NB size pockets of some sort. Not sure what brand yet. I also have about 13 OS Bum Genius and a few other brands of pockets, as well as 6-8 fitteds and covers for the older stages.
July 28th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Great job, Nicole!! Those look amazing!!!

July 28th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have 20 BG Newborns (XS) and 12 GroVia Newborns.. I also have 24 GMD Orange Edge Prefolds.. and some thirsties covers (hospitlal and then emergency use - I don't like prefolds). I also have 2 FB XS in Velcro and a Pikapu Newborn.

After that most likely some BG Elementals ....

I guess this is one of the perks to owning a cloth diaper store LOL!! I have an endless supply of diapers!
July 29th, 2012, 04:43 AM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
Williams NB stash is complete I need to get a pic of it!! I use NB Nanipoos (fitteds). I have 20 of those. I need to work more on some longies!! I have 5 covers and 2 dozen prefolds. This is my second newbie I am CDing (we started with Mia at 4 months), but it's been a while! I also have 24 Alvas coming my way, but after seeing them on a newborn, they'll probably end up working when he's a little bigger and probably until he potty trains!

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

July 29th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Caleb still fits in his alvas and he is 2.5 and 34 pounds lol. I know they make nb alva's now though

July 29th, 2012, 08:43 AM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
I bought the nb alvas, but they look huge on nb's!! I make small babies, so I've heard that older kids can fit in the nb alvas with the rise unsnapped. We'll see when the dipes and baby gets here!

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

July 29th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Oh really! That's good to know because I was planning on trying some of them but if they fit really big they totally won't work for us!

July 29th, 2012, 12:55 PM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a couple made already and a ton of fabric to make more - but havent had the time lately.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search