Labor question

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MissusF
  • 1 Post By HubbysSweetheart

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 28th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Nearly 6 months later and I still reflect on my L&D quite frequently! I was in labor for about 48hrs total and it was without pain meds.The contractions were awful but by the time I started pushing I could no longer feel them; the midwife had to tell me when to push. Did those of you who had vaginal births have this too or did you feel the contractions during the pushing?

Imagining labor I always thought pushing a baby out of the who-ha would be the most painful but the contractions before were much worse; pushing was virtually painless for me and I even had an episiotomy without an anesthetic

July 28th, 2012, 03:50 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
for my first three, the contractions were worst. the fourth however, there was no let up. it hurt just as bad.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

July 28th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
With my first the contractions hurt the worst. 15 hours w/o pain meds. I got an epi, and it started to wear off during the pushing. Lasted roughly 45 minutes. I felt the snip, but it was just a slight pinch. Felt every single stitch. Those stung.

The second was the exact opposite. Contractions were period cramp to me, not too bad at all. Pushing SUCKED. It hurt so much. There was no good pain, did not feel better to push. I had three failed epis during that. One epi, the second, gave me about 15 minutes of relief. So it was pretty much natural child birth.

Pitocin for the entirety of both. Turns out I have a problem with epis. Needs to be on my chart for the future. General anesthesia only in the future.

3 on Earth and 7 in Heaven Hoping to get knocked up in 2016...sometimes.
http://arwenart.com
July 28th, 2012, 05:47 PM
ASoldiersLuckyCharm's Avatar Three's A Charm <3
Send a message via ICQ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Yahoo to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Skype™ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm
My epidural was wearing off I could feel a little of pain when I would contract. So I don't remember how long or any pain I just wanted her out.

all graphics made by Jackie at http://cutesypies.livejournal.com/ & http://blushfuls.com/ tell her Judy sent you
July 28th, 2012, 08:47 PM
.:Kati:.'s Avatar kyler's mommy
I had the epi 3 hours after arriving to the hospital 8cm dilated. I pushed for 2 hours,the only pain i felt was some major pressure in my back. I was telling them my epi was wearing off and to just cut me open lol. I didn't know the pressure pain was normal and i would still feel it.

July 28th, 2012, 09:16 PM
RandE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Contractions before my water broke were easy peasy. I had pitocin started and my water broke simultaneously. Those were a B. I wasn't allowed to get up to move. But I think that would have helped. When they came in to give me my epi I was allowed to get up to pee and the contractions were much more tolerable. But I had the epi at 4cm and afterward dialated to 8 within the hour then 10 about 20 minutes later. So my epi was still quite fresh. They turned it off hoping o could feel when it was time to push but no luck. I had a painless delivery only took 20 minutes.

I wanna do it again!!! Haha.

July 28th, 2012, 10:53 PM
katylady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had an epi, once I got that didn't much feel the contractions. But when it came to pushing, I defininetly knew when I needed to push.
July 29th, 2012, 12:15 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think about my labor all the time. I had a photographer there so I have a photo album of Claire's birth and I look at it frequently.

I did not have any pain meds. In the beginning labor contractions weren't bad. I spent the majority of my labor kneeling next to my bed over a big pile of pillows. Since it was the middle of the night I was able to doze between contractions. Once I hit transition I was miserable and decided to try the birth pool. That was a big mistake because I couldn't get comfortable. I think I would have been better off staying where i was. I got out and went back to the bedroom to push. Pushing was sooo much better. Pushing and delivering her was pretty much painless for me. I remember being hesitant pushing her head out because I was afraid of the "ring of fire" but I never felt it.
lovemylittlemiss likes this.

July 29th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissusF View Post
I think about my labor all the time. I had a photographer there so I have a photo album of Claire's birth and I look at it frequently.

I did not have any pain meds. In the beginning labor contractions weren't bad. I spent the majority of my labor kneeling next to my bed over a big pile of pillows. Since it was the middle of the night I was able to doze between contractions. Once I hit transition I was miserable and decided to try the birth pool. That was a big mistake because I couldn't get comfortable. I think I would have been better off staying where i was. I got out and went back to the bedroom to push. Pushing was sooo much better. Pushing and delivering her was pretty much painless for me. I remember being hesitant pushing her head out because I was afraid of the "ring of fire" but I never felt it.

I didn't feel the "ring of fire" either. It's so crazy that pushing was essentially painless for us! I guess we were lucky with that

July 30th, 2012, 09:09 AM
HubbysSweetheart's Avatar Little Jo married Laurie!
Labor wasn't as bad as I thought it would be... I had a short labor 5 hrs and jump started very quickly so I spent most of the time in transition, which at the time I was a little worried that this was the 'easy' part and I would't be able to handle transition ... I had an all natural birth at home.

Pushing contractions felt good to me and didn't hurt at all... I did feel myself tearing, strangely enough I had no tears on the perineum, just up the front.... OUCH..... and afterwards was WAY worse than the labor because of all the prying the midwife had to do to locate and stop my ruptured artery.

But all in all it wasn't the nightmare I was expecting.
lovemylittlemiss likes this.

July 30th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
My water broke and they made me come to the hospital 12 hours later to get pitocin because things were not progressing by themselves and they were worried about infection. I wanted to do it without pain management, and I did it! But the pit was awful. When it hit, I was in constant pain without relief until he was out! It was much, much worse than I had anticipated, and the pushing was just as painful as the transition contractions. There was no rest between contractions, as I had heard others saying there would be. I hope next time to avoid an induction because I think the pit made things really much worse than they needed to be for me.

July 30th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbysSweetheart View Post
Labor wasn't as bad as I thought it would be... I had a short labor 5 hrs and jump started very quickly so I spent most of the time in transition, which at the time I was a little worried that this was the 'easy' part and I would't be able to handle transition ... I had an all natural birth at home.

Pushing contractions felt good to me and didn't hurt at all... I did feel myself tearing, strangely enough I had no tears on the perineum, just up the front.... OUCH..... and afterwards was WAY worse than the labor because of all the prying the midwife had to do to locate and stop my ruptured artery.

But all in all it wasn't the nightmare I was expecting.

I sooo wish I could have a birth center birth or even a home birth but I probably won't ever get to because I have Type I (juvenile) diabetes

July 31st, 2012, 09:03 AM
HubbysSweetheart's Avatar Little Jo married Laurie!
lovelylittlemiss

I hope one day you can have a birth center birth.... have you looked into it? They all are a bit different and some actually have all the medical supplies and are staffed with doctors that can handle any emergency that arises.... but stay out of the picture if they aren't needed. Was gonna be my first choice but I don't have any near me. GL!

lovelylittlemiss

I hope one day you can have a birth center birth.... have you looked into it? They all are a bit different and some actually have all the medical supplies and are staffed with doctors that can handle any emergency that arises.... but stay out of the picture if they aren't needed. Was gonna be my first choice but I don't have any near me. GL!

July 31st, 2012, 10:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbysSweetheart View Post
lovelylittlemiss

lovelylittlemiss

I didn't know that! Not sure if they have that option in Germany but it's worth looking into.

July 31st, 2012, 11:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I did a birth center birth. Contractions were also much worse than delivery, but nothing like my first, who was posterior. I was very surprised when I arrived at the birth center and was told I was at 9 cm! I laughed and asked the mw if she was kidding. Got in the tub and things were much easier. I was able to relax.

I never went through any bad transition stage or anything. I was actually very calm when it came time to push. I let my body push on its own for probably about an hour. I needed to take it slow to mentally adjust and prepare. Because he descended slowly, I could feel a huge difference in when he passed my cervix. He would pass it and then occassionally slip back up. Things are much easier when the head stops pushing on your cervix.

The pushing stage was much easier for me than contractions. My contractions slowed to like five minutes apart. Didn't really hurt, it wa just weird to lose control of my body because it pushed on its own. Very weird feeling. Crowning was intense, but not intensely painful. No ring of fire. Just sensory overload, that's all. I had a small tear.

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
July 31st, 2012, 01:11 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had back labor during the active stage, intense pressure during transition, and pushing was a breeze! My contractions ended up disappearing and I no longer felt them so I just kind of pushed when I thought I needed to. I pushed 5 times and he was out. I also had a birth center labor. They let him labor down for about 45 minutes which was horrible to me. The pressure was insane. I think after that anything would have felt good lol.
August 1st, 2012, 07:22 PM
Super Mommy
I didn't feel the contractions while I pushed but definitely had the "ring of fire' it was the worst part for sure.
August 4th, 2012, 02:15 AM
sarha81's Avatar First-time Mommy to Jake
For me pushing was the worst!!!! I had no pain meds and pushed for 3 hrs and jake never freaking budged! He was face down. God it hurt! I was given pit tho because my contractions had sPaced out. I had a whole doctor hand up there trying to stretch me more. The contractions were a ten out of 10 pain wise. After 3 hrs of pushing they did a c section. I will try the epidural next time when I'm transitioning to help me push

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search