Bouncing, scooting, crawling, rolling

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By lovemylittlemiss
  • 1 Post By lovemylittlemiss

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 28th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
What kind of movement is baby doing? Winter will roll and do a commando scoot. No bouncing. I wish she would!
July 28th, 2012, 05:46 PM
HubbysSweetheart's Avatar Little Jo married Laurie!
I was just going to ask a question on this so maybe someone could answer in their reply.

Chloe has rolled over several times from her stomach to her back 'kinda' accidents a few times and others I thought on purpose.

A few days ago she all of a sudden pushed up with both arms and flipped over.... Definitely on purpose, and when I rolled her to her tummy she went on to do this 7 times in a row and thought it was hilarious and lots of fun. Later on in the day she flipped over anytime she wanted... I thought, this skill is in the bag.... how am I gonna keep her on her stomach for tummy time?

The next day... and ever since it's been like the 'flipping' never happened. When I put her on her stomach she has alot of leg action, even gets both knees up and sticks her rump in the air, but her face remained buried and she refuses to use her arms as well. A few times she has rolled over, but this was due to her getting a leg out and using that to push herself over........ so what's up? Do most babies have to 'learn' and 're-learn' a new skill a few times before they actually get it?

oh, she also has scooted forward a bit a few times with all that leg/knee action but I don't think she knew what she was doing.

July 28th, 2012, 07:10 PM
kellysensei's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Almost all of Evan's rolls so far seem to be the "wow, how did I do that?!" type. He rolled over several times around 3-4 months, then didn't at all for almost a month, and has only done it a couple times in the last week again. He's a big boy, so I don't know if that's normal? My other son was rolling over consistently and purposefully at 12 weeks, but I know that was really early.

Evan is nowhere near sitting up on his own, but he loves to jump in his jumper!

Evan James (2/18/12) and Gabriel Anthony (6/5/10)

July 28th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellysensei View Post
Almost all of Evan's rolls so far seem to be the "wow, how did I do that?!" type. He rolled over several times around 3-4 months, then didn't at all for almost a month, and has only done it a couple times in the last week again. He's a big boy, so I don't know if that's normal? My other son was rolling over consistently and purposefully at 12 weeks, but I know that was really early.
When Alice started rolling at 5 mths, she was a rolling machine. Winter was consistently since 3 mths, but only back to front. Front to backs are all woopsies.
July 28th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Super Mommy
Eliana is rolling like it's nothing now and is very purposeful in scooting herself around the living room. She can sit for quite awhile on her own, but I don't trust her not to flop over yet. She LOVES to bounce, and won't go up on her knees to try to crawl but pusher herself way up with her arms.
July 28th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Once hailey started rolling I gave up on tummy time. She is non stop rolling machine all over the living room & she is so fast at it!

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
July 28th, 2012, 09:47 PM
.:Kati:.'s Avatar kyler's mommy
He's rolling,doing push ups,humping the bed/floor lol,he does this thing which looks like he's doing a backbend. my child is all over the place!

July 28th, 2012, 09:50 PM
katylady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ellie rolls and moves her body around in a circle while on her back. She loves her jumparoo and sits up nicely but also isn't very graceful at falling so I am usually right there to keep her up or assist her falling.
July 29th, 2012, 08:04 AM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
Cooper has been rolling both ways for quite some time. There are times I leave the room for two seconds and he has moved across the room. No crawling yet, although my mom said he was trying but didn't realize he had to lift his head.
July 29th, 2012, 11:22 AM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Claire has been rolling both ways for quite a while. She still hates tummy time so she rarely rolls to her stomach and will usually flip over as soon as you put her down that way. She scoots around on her back a little bit by pushing with her feet but I don't think she does it on purpose or realizes she's doing it. She can pull her knees up under herself when she's on her stomach but since she hates tummy time I don't think crawling is in the near future for us.

July 29th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbysSweetheart View Post
I was just going to ask a question on this so maybe someone could answer in their reply.

Chloe has rolled over several times from her stomach to her back 'kinda' accidents a few times and others I thought on purpose.

A few days ago she all of a sudden pushed up with both arms and flipped over.... Definitely on purpose, and when I rolled her to her tummy she went on to do this 7 times in a row and thought it was hilarious and lots of fun. Later on in the day she flipped over anytime she wanted... I thought, this skill is in the bag.... how am I gonna keep her on her stomach for tummy time?

The next day... and ever since it's been like the 'flipping' never happened. When I put her on her stomach she has alot of leg action, even gets both knees up and sticks her rump in the air, but her face remained buried and she refuses to use her arms as well. A few times she has rolled over, but this was due to her getting a leg out and using that to push herself over........ so what's up? Do most babies have to 'learn' and 're-learn' a new skill a few times before they actually get it?

oh, she also has scooted forward a bit a few times with all that leg/knee action but I don't think she knew what she was doing.

My DD was the same. When she first started rolling from stomach to back she wasn't very consistent with it. Back to stomach was different; once she got that down she didn't stop.

Besides rolling, which she does all the time now, she bounces and scoots, although I don't think the scooting is really on purpose. She can move herself a few inches by crawling but not very far. Today she crawled backwards a few inches which we thought was funny. She can also half pull herself to stand, I guess she pulls to kneel? She can stand up holding on to something (crib, chair etc) for several minutes unassisted. She's been sitting up pretty well since 4.5 months so I'm surprised she's not crawling yet. Maybe she'll skip crawling and go to walking like Daddy did.
HubbysSweetheart likes this.

Last edited by lovemylittlemiss; July 29th, 2012 at 12:35 PM.
July 29th, 2012, 01:12 PM
kellysensei's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Evan has rolled over at least three times today on purpose. Yay! I also found him on his tummy in the crib this morning, even though I'd put him down on his back.

Evan James (2/18/12) and Gabriel Anthony (6/5/10)

July 30th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
Quote:

I think this is normal. Robby has learned things and done them for a few days and then stopped doing them and seemed to have to re-learn the skill. But he keeps meeting the milestones on time, so I decided not to worry about it. I guess it's like when we learn something new, too, you occasionally forget one part cuz you were so focused on another part, you know?

Robby rolls from back to tummy like he was born doing it; from tummy to back, he just started doing consistently a week or so ago. He moves his body forward on the carpet by drawing up his legs and pushing himself, but usually he cries after a couple of feet because his face is buried in the carpet and it must hurt, lol! In the night when he loses his pacifier and can't find it, I have found him 4 times up on his hands and knees trying to get it!! So I guess crawling will happen soon if he figures out this will get him going. He loves to pull on one "arm" of his play gym, and I think soon he will figure out how to pull himself up. He can sit up for a long time; I stick pillows around him and let him play for long periods.

Aren't they so much fun at this age?!

July 30th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-Jay View Post

Aren't they so much fun at this age?!

I'm really trying to enjoy this stage because she's interactive yet immobile. Once she starts crawling/walking I have a feeling all hell will break loose!
Blue-Jay likes this.

July 31st, 2012, 11:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ds rolled a couple of times a couple of months ago and hasn't done it since. He sits and balances very well and never throws himself back like dd used to for the longest time. He pushes up while on his belly, but no crawling.

Quote:

That's quite normal. They will work really hard on a skill until they master it, and then may lose interest once it is mastered. Like my son, for example, got fixated on blowing "raspberries"/spit bubbles. He would even wake up in the middle of the night to practice. He was pretty impressed with it. Then he just stopped and hasn't done it since. Got bored with it I suppose.

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
August 6th, 2012, 06:53 AM
QueenBee_2012's Avatar Regular
My son is crawling circles around me. He's been crawling since 4 months. He can get himself into sitting position so he is sitting if he's not crawling. He rolls both ways and have been since 10 weeks. He is such a busy body!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search