That Awkward Moment When...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By BabyLove23
  • 2 Post By kristiemarie518
  • 3 Post By NewGurl
  • 1 Post By white.house
  • 1 Post By Cocoa Sashimi
  • 1 Post By cindy6
  • 1 Post By Derby Girl
  • 1 Post By MoonMom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Super Mommy
...a close relative buys you a bunch of furniture brand new, and it's not quite what you were expecting. I'm not an ungrateful person by any means, and I'm thrilled to not have to buy a glider... but I really felt awkward when my tush wouldn't fit into the seat. (It was too small for me, but beautiful none-the-less.) Has anyone else had awkward purchases done for them? If so, would you ever return/exchange a high ticket item given to you brand new? I am finding myself feeling really worried over this.
Rosalie Octavia, born on October 22nd and 9:35am, 7 pounds 2 ounces, 19 inches.
July 29th, 2012, 02:22 PM
BabyLove23's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh yikes, that's a tough one. Do you think you would fit into it after the baby is born?
If not, Id say you have to return it. Otherwise it would only be good for blankets and stuffed animals.
tinx likes this.

Thank you peimum for my siggie!!!
July 29th, 2012, 02:54 PM
kristiemarie518's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes. Call the store, explain to them the situation and get I've that fits. If its someone close to you, explain to them what's up and ask if hyd like to o with you to pick a new one out.
Cocoa Sashimi and tinx like this.

July 29th, 2012, 02:58 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would think they would defiantly understand that the chair is to small. if they are willing to buy you something expensive they obvious want to help and useless furniture isnt very helpful. I wouldn't stress about being honest.
tinx, ~Tanya~ and Lyndsey2013 like this.

July 29th, 2012, 03:19 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
I agree, kind of awkward.... but kinda awesome too!
I would just be honest with them about it and I'm sure they would be more than happy to exchange it for something that works!
tinx likes this.

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
July 29th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Cocoa Sashimi's Avatar Usually Lurking
I would probably talk to them about it and play up my butt being too big for it. LOL Levity might take the discomfort away when asking if it's okay to exchange it.
tinx likes this.

July 29th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Super Mommy
Sadly I don't have the boxes. It was assembled in her nursery for me while I was away as a 'surprise' along with a full five piece nursery/crib/dresser/changing table set. I love everything, I truly do, but I'd love to sit in the glider comfortably. I do have the receipts, just not the boxes. As for a little background, this is an out of town relative. It's actually my biological mother, but not the one I called mother growing up. I know she's trying to 'make up' for a lot of lost years; she had really sweet intentions. I just know she's going to be coming up when Baby Girl's born, and it'd be awkward if it wasn't there when she got here. I plan on keeping the rest though, it was really a killer and amazing surprise!
Rosalie Octavia, born on October 22nd and 9:35am, 7 pounds 2 ounces, 19 inches.
July 30th, 2012, 04:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Aww, that was nice of her. I definetly think you should get a glider you can fit in. I'm sure she would want you to be able to use it!
tinx likes this.

July 30th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Derby Girl's Avatar Veteran
I would call the store and explain to see if you can exchange without the box. If not try to sell it on Craigslist or a similar site and use the money toward a different glider.
tinx likes this.
July 30th, 2012, 12:41 PM
MoonMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used my glider a TON so I would definitely want a comfy one. See if you can exchange it without the box, they might give you store credit. If it comes down to it you can always make up a story about how it broke the 2nd time you sat in it so you had to exchange it.
tinx likes this.

baby Roger @ 7 months

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search