UTI

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2012, 05:15 PM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
Does anybody know if they check for UTIs when they check your urine at the OB? I have been feeling just overall miserable this weekend. Achy, low-grade fever, some bladder pain, etc. It's not strong UTI symptoms, but I don't know what else could be making me feel so miserable. If they check at the OB, then I don't want to go again to the doctor because I was just there Thursday and they would have caught it then. I hate going to the doctor and being told that nothing is wrong.

I'm also slightly concerned that I have mono because somebody I work with has it. I had it about 13 years ago and thought you couldn't get it twice, but this is the second time this person had it and his doctor said it's a myth that you can't get it twice I've been so tired this weekend, I slept 10 hours last night and then took a 3 hour nap this afternoon and am still exhausted... but I also get this way whenever I have a bad UTI. So who knows. Anybody know if they check for UTIs at the OB?
July 29th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
THey usually do, but if you went on Thursday it may not have shown up in your urine by then so it might be worth another trip. Hope you feel better soon.

Daffney

July 29th, 2012, 05:34 PM
crystalcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They should be checking for it at every visit but unless the numbers are really high they may not even pay attention. As for Mono I know you are always a carrier so it would seem that you could get it again. I had a form of Epstein Barr which is similar but more severe just a few months after Elijah was born and was in the hospital for a month. They told me that if I came into contact with someone with the active virus and my immuine system was compromised (even pregnancy) that there was a chance mine could activate. If you are concerned call and ask them to do a quick blood test.

July 29th, 2012, 05:39 PM
mlc52811's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That sounds like how I felt when I had such a bad bladder infection it had spread to my kidney I'd go to the doctor just to find out what's making you so miserable. I know it sucks to have to go again right after you were just at the OB... I hate going to the doctor, especially often haha.

July 29th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
My doc said they don't check it every time unless you give them a reason to suspect an infection because they don't ask you to do a clean catch every time where they have you use the wipes and all that. The only time they check it is if they asked you to do a clean catch.

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
July 30th, 2012, 05:50 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
I don't know but I really hope you feel better soon! That sounds awful.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting a baby boy in February!

{Our family blog}

July 30th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Okay, off to the walk-in I go. Hopefully they won't be too busy. Ugh, with my luck they won't find anything and I'll just waste a co-pay.
July 30th, 2012, 06:58 AM
anna.rose's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck mama! They're pretty easy to cure, just obnoxious, so hopefully that's all it is!

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
July 30th, 2012, 09:53 AM
I think the doctor got her MD out of a cracker jack box. First off, the nurse said to me "Are you sure you're 20 weeks, you don't look like you're even out of your first trimester". Umm...yes, I know how pregnant I am. They did the urine dip, and the nurse came in to take my temperature (low grade fever after taking tylenol, obviously an infection somewhere), and while she was in there she told me my levels were elevated. The doctor comes in later, tells me that all pregnant women are miserable and feel crumby, and I just need to deal with it. She said I didn't have a UTI and I should just go call my OB next time I think there's something wrong with me. I told her that I know the difference between feeling crumby from being pregnant and feeling sick. I told her I'd been around somebody with mono, and what my symptoms were, and she said "well there's no way to diagnose mono and your chances of getting it are close to zero anyways. I told her that the person I've been around has a pregnant wife who had had it before and they told them that pregnant women are significantly more likely to get it especially if they've had it before, and she said "well, I don't see a need to send the lab any of your blood. If you have it, then it's not like anything would change, it's not like your job is hard or anything." She then told me to stop taking my prenatals because that is probably increasing my morning sickness and to use Afrin (major pregnancy no-no) to stop my nose bleeds. I'm so mad right now. Waste of several hours of my life and a copay.
July 30th, 2012, 10:15 AM
anna.rose's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yikes! I would call your OB and schedule an appointment. That's just NOT okay. When I went to urgent care when I was VERY early on with another sinus infection (gotta love what you catch working in public schools) that wasn't resolving itself, I got a very, very new doctor. I stressed that I was pregnant AND still BFing at the time and I needed safe antibiotics. The moron gave me something that was dangerous for both (and I knew that so I just scheduled an appointment with my doctor the following Monday, it was a weekend). Sometimes those urgent care/ walk in clinic/ ER doctors lose sight of what's important and treat their clinic like a factory line.

I hope you feel better soon!

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search