Baby Swings

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Veteran
I'm trying to finish registering & for the life of me, cannot decide on a baby swing to register for. We are registering at Target & Toys R Us (we don't have a local Babies R Us) & it seems I find something wrong with each swing. For example, I would like one that plugs in. I thought I found the one I wanted but then realized that it doesn't plug in. It seems that every swing though is bulky & so wide & it takes up so much space when we don't have that much.

So my questions are, what swing do you have/are you registering for & what do you love about it?

Thanks girls!
July 29th, 2012, 05:54 PM
MomtoCarly&Sofia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We used the fisher price my little lamb swing for both my girls, and bought the same exact one again one again for this baby. Loved it, and it didn't matter that it didn't plug in to me, we only had to change batteries maybe twice in it, and we used it everyday.

July 29th, 2012, 05:58 PM
meddleman's Avatar Loving my girls!!!!
I prefer the smaller travel swings bc they take up less room. I also didn't have to replace batteries hardly at all even though we used it often!
July 29th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Veteran
Has anyone ever used this one? I like it but it's doesn't have a plug in but didn't know if anyone has any experience with it?

Graco Swing by Me - Zooland : Target
July 29th, 2012, 06:06 PM
meddleman's Avatar Loving my girls!!!!
I had a similar one with Nora - and a Fisher Price one with Mia. I liked both, not much different between the two, so to me a swing is a swing. That one is cute!!
July 29th, 2012, 06:23 PM
kristiemarie518's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Fisher-Price Starlight Cradle 'n Swing is what we have and loved it. Will be using again. It is huge though.

July 29th, 2012, 06:23 PM
MomtoCarly&Sofia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We had a graco one, like that, but different print cover. I don't know if it was just ours but it wouldn't swing by itself like it was supposed to. We had to push it to get it going. We probably should have called graco about it, but we didn't.

Eta: I just looked up the one we had, it was a bit different so not the same like I thought. We had this one, http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...uctId=11959536

Last edited by MomtoCarly&Sofia; July 29th, 2012 at 06:27 PM.
July 29th, 2012, 06:30 PM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
We have a Graco Lovin' Hug with E and will bust it out again for W. It was truly a life saver for us and I don't think I changed the batteries more than once.

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

July 29th, 2012, 07:06 PM
I too have been wondering about swings.

Last Monday Target had one of the "Swing By Me" models on sale, then an extra 15% off with free ship. Thankfully I looked at the reviews there and Amazon prior to ordering. Many of the reviewers stated the motors burnt out quickly and they could no longer use their swing.

I believe the Target return policy was 90 days and our baby isn't due for more than 90 days so I figured with the reviews and that to skip the one on sale. I should add I think I looked at a few different character prints in the same model, and each had similar reviews.
July 29th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Nicole1481's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are getting the Mamaroo.

July 29th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestMama1 View Post
I too have been wondering about swings.

Last Monday Target had one of the "Swing By Me" models on sale, then an extra 15% off with free ship. Thankfully I looked at the reviews there and Amazon prior to ordering. Many of the reviewers stated the motors burnt out quickly and they could no longer use their swing.

I believe the Target return policy was 90 days and our baby isn't due for more than 90 days so I figured with the reviews and that to skip the one on sale. I should add I think I looked at a few different character prints in the same model, and each had similar reviews.

Thanks so much for this! Looks like I'll be crossing that one off the list of "maybes" then.
July 29th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Regular
We are going to try this one out this time. Before we just used the reg Graco one, 8 yrs ago, and it lasted two kids being used every day without having any motor problems.

Graco Sweetpeace Infant Soothing Swing - Elefanta - Graco - Babies "R" Us

DS 8 yoa 6 yoa DD

July 30th, 2012, 05:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've had fisher price cradle swings since my 4th baby, and I loved them. I think our fp papasan swing needs replaced and if it does I have been looking at replacing it w/ the graco sweetpeace or fp snugabunny cradle swing. But I'm also looking on craigslist, we had to replace everything for this baby and I have everything except the swing. Now I don't want to spend a ton of money!
Oh and I've never had a plug in swing and never found the batteries to go to quickly.

July 30th, 2012, 05:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have this..... Graco Swing n Bounce 2-in-1 Infant Swing - Birkshire - Graco - Babies "R" Us

I like that its a swing and then you can take the seat off and use it as a bouncy seat also. DS didnt like it but i used it for a boy that i babysat for and he LOVED it and was in it a lot for many months! It didnt plug in though so we did have to change batteries ever two weeks or so but it wasnt that big of a deal

July 30th, 2012, 06:27 AM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have the graco sweetpeace - I love that I can plug my ipod into it and that you can move the seat so it swings side to side or front to back. That being said....we paid big money for it 279$ (canadian), and Zoey hardly used it (she preferred the bouncer). It also makes a mechanical type noise when it swings - which is sort of annoying.

July 30th, 2012, 07:56 AM
BlndGrl8's Avatar Kaitlin & Cameron's Mommy
We have the My Little Lamb Cradle Swing and really like it!! It does take batteries, but DH found a thing that you put in place of batteries and then plug it in, so you don't have to buy and change the batteries all the time. I think he found it on amazon! I would recommend that swing!

If I can find the plug in thing that DH bought I'll make sure to post it!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search