weight gain question...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mlc52811
  • 1 Post By gardenbelle

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2012, 06:47 PM
mlc52811's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So, at my last appointment my doctor said I had "finally" gained 8 pounds, so I was feeling pretty good. I just weighed myself and I'm up 10 pounds from that! 18 pounds weight gain at only 20 weeks! I know, I know... I shouldn't stress too much, but I am very petite and I'm very nervous about gaining too much fat because I have thyroid problems that make it a bit more difficult to lose it...

I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to fix the fact that I've gained too much too soon? I know losing weight isn't an option, but for BTDT moms (or whoever can help ) is there any way to reverse or halt the negative effects of my crappy eating habits besides eating healthier from now on? Am I going to have a really hard time losing weight? Maybe I'm just being silly... It's just really stressing me out.

July 29th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
I thought typical weight gain for the last 20 weeks was like a lb a week which would be at about 40 which is perfectly normal.

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
July 30th, 2012, 05:48 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
I'm also hoping to slow down my weight gain since my OB told me just to keep an eye on it at my last appointment. The only thing I can think of is making better food/snack choices. It's hard when I'm hungry all.the.time!

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

July 30th, 2012, 08:24 AM
mlc52811's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know... the baby doesn't want 3/4 cup of cereal... the baby wants the whole box.
daffneyc likes this.

July 30th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I swear, on days like today I could eat and eat and eat and eat. I stress about my weight. It's my least favorite part of my appt.

Daffney

July 30th, 2012, 08:36 AM
anna.rose's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is the scale you used the doctors scale? Your scale could be off and remember it is normal to fluctuate up to 3 pounds a day. I'd just eat healthier and maybe go on walks. With DD I couldn't control my cravings and gained wayyy too much. This time around I'm never hungry it seems.

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
July 30th, 2012, 08:36 AM
crystalcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Its a pound a week and then later 2 a week. I don't know where they get their 20-35 pound average. I eat when I am hungry and if I want something unhealthy I give in and have it but just a little bit.

July 30th, 2012, 09:43 AM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've gained more at this point than I want to as well! I think the pound a week thing only starts after a certain point, but I think we've all past it now! I've been averaging like 2 a week these days. I'm really REALLY trying to keep my weight gain to less than 30 for this pregnancy because last time I gained more than the recommended amount and it was a bear to take off postpartum plus, I felt so sluggish and sore towards the end. I'm trying not to eat deserts but oh my gosh, we've been doing one or two kids birthday parties each weekend and I can't keep that second slice of birthday cake out of my mouth.
anna.rose likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search