What's the 411 on mucous plugs?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By NewGurl
  • 3 Post By mollymalone

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2012, 08:52 PM
mollymalone's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Curious, because I just went to the bathroom and had a bit (not a lot) of yellow, snotty looking goop on the tp. I googled it because I can't keep straight what's normal discharge or otherwise. This SOUNDED like it could be mucous, but I'm clueless, and if it is, should I call my dr?

July 29th, 2012, 09:06 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Srry no help here I dont know either Im forever goggling and wondering. I just wanted to comment that sometimes I really wish we didn't even have access to all this info about stuff to watch out for. It seems like there is new glands developing on my body just to secret mysterious liquids and freak me out every moment of my pregnancy. At this point if something did go wrong I probably wouldn't even mention it because of all the false alarms iv given myself its so confusing.
duenove7 likes this.

July 29th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Nicole1481's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Probably just regular pregnancy related discharge. I have had 4 babies and never noticed loosing a mucus plug.. I got to the hospital dilated to 9 with one and complete with another and still no mucus plug. I know my SIL said she lost her plug 4wks before her last was born. I think everyone is different and I know the plug can regenerate, so I wouldn't be overly worried.

July 29th, 2012, 10:54 PM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
I have lost mine early a couple of times...it regenerates. Anyway, mine was very thick, almost jello consistency and was able to pull off of the tp in one gross thick thing. You can tell your doc, but since it does regenerate, most won't be too concerned unless you have other symptoms
Caroline - November '12

July 29th, 2012, 11:02 PM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
like PP, it regenerates.. so it's not a big deal! if you do believe it was, try to avoid intercourse or anything going "up there" the mucous plug is there to help prevent infections entering the uterus.

i lost mine a couple of months ago bits of it, .. usually it looks like a yellowish snot booger tinged with some blood on it
July 30th, 2012, 04:52 AM
mollymalone's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well it eas definitely the yellow snotty stuff, but like I said, not a whole lot... and I didn't know it regenerated, so that's comforting. Thanks ladies!

And Kelly, I totally know what you mean. My mom always tells me that pregnancy was much easier when she was pregnant, because you didn't have all this information to freak you out. You were just... pregnant. They say knowledge is power, but sometimes it's the source of insanity! LOL!
tinx, Hopolka and Almondeyes like this.

July 30th, 2012, 07:08 AM
rhill4455's Avatar Mom to 3 girls and a boy!
Send a message via AIM to rhill4455 Send a message via Yahoo to rhill4455
With the past 2 pregnancies I lost my mucus plug or parts of it several times over the course of the pregnancy. It defenitly regenerates. Nothing to worry about.

July 30th, 2012, 07:59 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
I am so glad you posted this. I was about to ask the same thing. Last night when I went to the bathroom and wiped I had that yellow snotty discharge. Now, I'm not do worried.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search