First full day and I'm nervous

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By just_em

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 30th, 2012, 05:38 AM
just_em's Avatar TANSTAAFL!
First full day at daycare. It's been half days for a while, and until the last couple of weeks, not even every day. Sigh... Even though baby girl's 'full day' is only 8 to 9 hours, it's a lot longer than the 5 she's been doing.

I'm pumping. Until now, I've had to pump once a day. Now I have to pump at least twice and maybe three times a day. I will take four bottles to daycare (apx. 4 oz each). She's expected to take three of those, leaving me with one extra, which rotates to the next day.

So far, I've been very, very lucky and have been superboobing. I've gotten 8+ oz (two bottles) at my one pumping session and have been able to keep up. I'm sort of nervous about the second pumping - I have to get at least 12 oz per day in order to maintain enough for daycare. I don't have a huge freezer stash and have had to dip into it because I'm lazy and it's easier to nurse on the weekends than to pump.

Please wish me luck. If I can keep 12 oz per day going, I'll be all right. But we all know that pumping isn't as efficient at draining as nursing is! I'd hate to have to pump at home, too - things are busy enough already and my supply tanks more than 'normal' in the evenings.

July 30th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
Good luck!

I have similar issues. The first week, they were dumping un-drunk milk and I was freaking out because I couldn't pump enough to cover what they were wasting and she was drinking. They no longer dump the excess and I have been pumping more, so I haven't had to dip into the freezer stash yet.

I do not have super boobs. I usually pump 9 oz a day in three sessions. If I get 12 ounces in a day, it's like a miracle.
July 31st, 2012, 10:15 AM
How did it go?
July 31st, 2012, 11:47 AM
Mischesbaby
Good Luck. You ladies are luckier than me. I am not a good pumper.
August 1st, 2012, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeauxe View Post
How did it go?
Well...

I did manage to pump enough on Monday for Tuesday's needs. I sent four bottles on Monday, expecting she'd use three. When I picked her up, they were trying to convince her to take the third one. I tried, too, and she wasn't having any of it. Three ounces of 'white gold' down the drain. Ack!

So, Tuesday I sent two 'full-size' 4-oz bottles and two 2-oz bottles. And then got stuck at work, so instead of her getting picked up at 3.30, she was there until almost 5.00 when the Mr. was able to get the kids (I was at work until almost 6.00). And she went through both 2-oz bottles. Sigh...

I've decided I'm going to continue to provide four 4-oz bottles and hope she takes the third one every day (and that I don't get stuck at work!). We'll see how it goes, I guess. I mark all the bottles with numbers for the order, so I can switch things up later if I need to.

Tuesday's pumping also produced enough for the next day. I'll just have to hope that continues. I really don't like pumping, especially at work, but I'd rather suffer through that than give her formula if I'm able to keep producing.

Thanks for asking!

August 1st, 2012, 10:37 AM
Sounds good!

I hate pumping too. It's so boring. I might have to look into getting one of those bustiers, even though I think they look totally ridiculous, just so I can amuse myself.

I pump about 10 oz a day and she's been drinking 12, so that stinks. I will have to get extra on the weekend or something to cover the deficit. I just wish my one boob wasn't so incredibly lame.
August 1st, 2012, 10:39 AM
I can't get one of those. I'd be dancing around my office all day pretending I was Madonna - just wouldn't be productive. At all.
Shadeauxe and shanirah like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search