Things To Not Say To Pregnant Women

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2012, 10:47 AM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
Let's see......

DH: "Your feet are huge!" (After I told him that my feet were really swollen, and I am sensitive about their size.... .this comment ended with me in tears. and DD looking at DH disapprovingly. at least someone's got my back)

Stranger: "When are you due?"
Me: "First week of Decmeber."
Stranger: "Oh my, you'll never make it."

(Umm, thanks for the ego boost there.)

DD calls my belly "The table"... she went to cover me up with a blanket last night.... and said "Here's a table cloth for your table." - I actually thought this was a little funny.... Its hard to get mad at your own kids....

When I was pregnant with DD, we had a watermelon growing in the front yard.... During my 3 weeks stint of being overdue..... The running joke was

"I wonder who is going to pop first, Rain or the watermelon."

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

July 31st, 2012, 10:59 AM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
Speaking of DH specific comments, DH told me this morning that my growing pouch looks really cute. He was trying to be sweet, but obviously didn't hit the mark. I had to explain that any comments that could be remotely related to how big I am or compare me to an animal or food item are off limits. Then I gave him a list of appropriate comments.

This is probably something that doesn't occur often anywhere else, but I've gotten several negative comments about which hospital I've chosen to deliver in. The other local hospital is more state of the art. But what people don't realize is that it's still a middle of nowhere hospital where I would never take my baby if there was a complication. I'll have him rushed to the hospital an hour away if there's a problem. I prefer the hospital I'm delivering at because it's NOT so "state of the art" and has a much more relaxed atmosphere.
July 31st, 2012, 11:05 AM
Blcooper32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Last night I was coming into the livingroom
Where dh and dd were playing in the floor and he looked up at me an said "man your getting HUGE" I was like thanks as if I didn't notice I already can't see my feet. Lol I wasn't even this big when I had dd at 37 weeks...:/ these are some big babies...

thank you bokkechick for my wonderful siggy

July 31st, 2012, 11:55 AM
lilemma86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
something that will make you laugh:

last night i walked in our living room just out of the shower and wearing a towel. I had a long look on my face (totally faking him out) and said:

me:"well i lost it."
DH: "lost what?"
me "its gone"
DH "what??"
me: "my crotch! i cannot see it anymore!" (my face led on that i was making a funny)

he bust out laughing and said he would post that on FB (joking)

July 31st, 2012, 12:08 PM
Super Mommy
If I hear my DH say one more time how much HIS back hurts, his feet hurt or how sore he is I just may smack him.

I am 21 weeks pregnant and run 4 to 5 times a week. No my back and feet aren't sore, but I don't want to hear about how bad he feels. I know he hurts, but that has everything to do with being overweight which he is doing nothing about.
anna.rose likes this.

July 31st, 2012, 12:19 PM
Dhartanya's Avatar Paleo Mommy-to-be
"You look pregnant today, rather then just....." (shot other half a dirty look, he did not finish that sentence.)

Then mom one day in an exasperated voice "How are you going to raise a child!?"

"If you do that your baby will die!!!!" (In response to me wanting a homebirth)

July 31st, 2012, 12:28 PM
anna.rose's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by caajje6 View Post
If I hear my DH say one more time how much HIS back hurts, his feet hurt or how sore he is I just may smack him.

I am 21 weeks pregnant and run 4 to 5 times a week. No my back and feet aren't sore, but I don't want to hear about how bad he feels. I know he hurts, but that has everything to do with being overweight which he is doing nothing about.
My problem with that is DH has CP and when I complain my back hurts he literally can one up me about it. He gets botox injections in his back and he's long over due for them. So annoying that the one thing I want to complain about... I can't.

I just get annoyed by the unwanted "advice". It's worse when baby comes but I've learned to tune it out by now.

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
July 31st, 2012, 12:56 PM
Butterbear's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well I have to add my vote to "you haven't had that baby yet?!" when I was 10 days overdue with my first.

The other thing that bothers me are the nosy questions people feel they have the right to ask. I had coworkers (and a boss) ask me "was this planned?". And because I am having twins people feel the need to ask me if I had fertility treatments. Huh? None of your business!

Also the people who feel like they need to worry about the logistics of my having so many young children- "you'll need a new car! how can they all fit where you live?" Got it covered thank you!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search