Diapers??

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 30th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Veteran
Has anyone started stocking up on diapers or anything yet? I'm thinking about starting when I see a good sale, but honestly not sure what a good price even is yet,lol....
July 30th, 2012, 12:12 PM
*Anna*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I started buying some CDs. Just when I see one I like on babysteals or other 1/2 off site.
July 30th, 2012, 12:14 PM
GiaTortilla's Avatar FTM to a princess
Lol yeah same here. Well I only have one pack at the moment, which is just newborn diapers from Huggies. I'm hoping I get a good amount at my baby shower in two weeks.

Gia - young mommy to a beautiful princess and wife to one amazing man.
6.24.10/9.24.12./5.25.13 we're married!
July 30th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Country928's Avatar Marisa
Havent stocked up on anything yet. Planning to start soon.
July 30th, 2012, 12:23 PM
MomtoCarly&Sofia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm planning on starting soon, I buy ours at bjs. I didn't realize though that the bjs brand(what we use with Sofia)doesnt start until size 2. But they still have the best price on other diapers there with the coupons they send out every month.

July 30th, 2012, 12:32 PM
mrs.wagner.10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We buy a box of diapers every pay day.. started at newborn and went up a size every week. When we run out of sizes to buy we start all over. We have done this from the beginning when we found out we were having a baby
Think4Yourself and rhettsmum like this.

7 lbs 7 oz 21" 11/4/12 2:11 pmThank you Kiliki for my amazing Siggy!!!
July 30th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Neat idea Bobbi. I have nothing yet. I am still buying diapers for Akadia and usually we just get Costco or Walmart brand. No idea if either of those do newborn. I'll have to check. I believe we used Pampers newborns with Akadia. I almost never see diapers on sale around here.

July 30th, 2012, 12:37 PM
MoonMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm working on my cloth diaper stash, I will probably buy some disposables ahead of time too. If you buy baby stuff at most major retailers and use a credit card, sooner or later you will get a coupon book for baby stuff in the mail, and those usually have diaper coupons in them. So far I've gotten them from both Target and Kroger. I really like Target-brand diapers. I think they're great for a discount brand.

baby Roger @ 7 months

Last edited by MoonMom; July 30th, 2012 at 12:42 PM.
July 30th, 2012, 01:16 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
havent started yet but I was looking at them in store last night I didn't realize there were so many options its not just brands and sizes they have like eco and hypo alerginic and with lotion they even have scented diapers...........i seriously need a brand that marks theirs "normal Fing diapers" its the only way i wont get the wrong thing every week.
Think4Yourself and rhettsmum like this.

July 30th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
For newborn everyone, andi mean everyone i know used and loved Pampers swaddlers. I may buy a box or two to start with but then we are going to cloth diaper.

My suggestion for those of you buying ahead your LO will go through newborn and size 1 quickly... probably size two and three's also fairly quickly. My son has been in size 4 for over a year now though so i'de buy lots of size 4's and not THAT many of each smaller size unless you want to risk possibly returning

July 30th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yep, I haven't bought any in a while because I had to get the big stuff, but I'll start up again next pay.

July 30th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Veteran
Ive gotten one bag. Size NB. Since I tend to have large babies, Im only buying one pack of those and then moving onto size 1.

July 30th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I won't be stocking up although I'd like to... Since I'm not sure when she might come or if she comes early how long she'd be in the NICU, I've decided just to wait & I'll have someone run to the store when she's born or I'd be able to go when I know she'd be coming home. Most people I know love pampers - I like huggies, pampers or luvs.

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

July 30th, 2012, 04:46 PM
BabyLove23's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I havent.....but I guess I need to get on that?! LOL!

Thank you peimum for my siggie!!!
July 30th, 2012, 05:22 PM
LindsayGriff
I was at Costco in June and they had the costco brand on sale for $5 off per box which where really cheap. There was a limit of 2 boxes so I got 2 boxes so we have 432 diapers of size 1-2. I am pretty sure we will use that much since our daycare changes diapers every 2 hrs so we go through a lot every day and I remember that Landen was still in size 3's when we moved which was when he was 9 months. If i end up not needing that much I will just exchange one of the boxes for a larger size since Costco is great with returns/exchanges.

Amber - Costco's smallest diaper in their brand is 1-2 and for huggies it is size 2.

I am waiting on buying smaller sizes till after birth and I know how small he/she is and then will just buy small packages as we will go through newborn size quickly. The costco size 1-2 is stated to start at 8 lbs.

Thank you peimum for my siggy
July 30th, 2012, 05:41 PM
kristiemarie518's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Seriously, check out your local salvation army. Not kidding. Many times they have unopened cases of diapers for way cheap.

July 30th, 2012, 06:42 PM
*Izzy's*Mommy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I made the mistake of stocking up on disposables, and when my daughter was born, she didn't even wear the newborn size. She went directly into a size 1.

For disposables, the pampers swaddlers are by far the best. I MUCH preferred pampers to huggies by far. Huggies wipes are much thicker and better though.

July 30th, 2012, 06:51 PM
MoonMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGurl View Post
havent started yet but I was looking at them in store last night I didn't realize there were so many options its not just brands and sizes they have like eco and hypo alerginic and with lotion they even have scented diapers...........i seriously need a brand that marks theirs "normal Fing diapers" its the only way i wont get the wrong thing every week.
get Target brand! They are way cheaper and there's only one kind, no mixups to be made!

baby Roger @ 7 months

July 30th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Katie81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I buy packs whenever they are on sale at the grocery store. I have a few newborn packs so far and I'll get some size 1's as well. My babies are small.
July 31st, 2012, 09:02 AM
Veteran
I want to but waiting until after the shower to see what we get there. Also, I'm afraid to buy too many of 1 kind (I've been having everyone tell me to get Pampers) just in case the baby is allergic. So, I will probably wait to buy most of them. With that said, my sister did buy me some diapers for our shower when they were on sale so I have 3 packs of NB so far.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search