Were you trying?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Were you...
TTC 24 50.00%
NTNP 16 33.33%
TTA 8 16.67%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree14Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 30th, 2012, 07:24 PM
anna.rose's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We were TTC sort of. I had my mirena removed and literally got my AF a week after having it removed and got pregnant on the next cycle. We weren't really wanting to get pregnant until now but clearly my cycle went back to normal SUPER quickly.

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
July 30th, 2012, 08:24 PM
LindseyF's Avatar Expecting 2nd Dec Baby!
Not trying, not preventing. Not hoping for one this soon, either, since Zayd's quite a high-maintenance kiddo, but hey, God's the best planner!
July 30th, 2012, 10:51 PM
Veteran
ntnp
Gabriela 10/01/2014

July 30th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Twist's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
NTNP didn't think it would happen since 5 years is a very long time to go with NTNP and never getting pregnant. I tell myself there was some special reason it didn't happen (thankful it didn't bc i was in no way ready for a baby at 17) so it was quite a shock when all of a sudden BAM you are a mommy now! and of a healthy little bugger too. I felt him implant himself quite forcefully. I thought to myself, I bet i'm pregnant. i'll test next week just to check. and instead i found out in the ER.

July 31st, 2012, 04:17 AM
Regular
I have PCOS and long assumed I'd have to have some medical help to get pregnant. Turns out, that wasn't the case! We weren't using protection, but we also didn't DTD very often, so I was very shocked to find out.
July 31st, 2012, 07:19 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry for only using the acronyms!

I was TTA. My marriage had just hit bottom, we were on the verge of divorce. He had moved out. Then, as things started to improve between us, there was this ONE time... I knew because I was charting that it was risky, but really didnt expect anything to come out of ONE time. Before everything started to fall apart, I had wanted to wait until August to either start TTC or NTNP, I did want another child. But Im still struggling some days to accept this is happening right now, dealing with the emotions and decisions now with crazy hormones on top of it all... Things were just not complicated enough, so why not throw a surprise pregnancy into the mix!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
July 31st, 2012, 07:45 AM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades of Grey View Post
Sorry for only using the acronyms!

I was TTA. My marriage had just hit bottom, we were on the verge of divorce. He had moved out. Then, as things started to improve between us, there was this ONE time... I knew because I was charting that it was risky, but really didnt expect anything to come out of ONE time. Before everything started to fall apart, I had wanted to wait until August to either start TTC or NTNP, I did want another child. But Im still struggling some days to accept this is happening right now, dealing with the emotions and decisions now with crazy hormones on top of it all... Things were just not complicated enough, so why not throw a surprise pregnancy into the mix!
Ashleigh, you poor thing dealing with this. What was going on with your marriage before this happened? Has he moved back in? I hope things just keep improving and improving.
Shades of Grey and LindseyF like this.

July 31st, 2012, 08:06 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you, Mary. I hope so, too!

Its a big long deep messy story... but I can see that he didnt think he deserves me, our family, my acceptance and love... so he pushed it all away. He hadn't really had much of that before me. We eventually talked about everything, more than ever before, things he had never said out loud to anyone. In many ways, I can see how he got to where he did. But there are still parts of me that are so hurt. He stayed here any time I would let him. After I got the BFP and was in a state of shock for a week or so, I think I let him stay since then. He doesnt really have much to 'move back in' since his car was stolen with most of his stuff the same week as the BFP too... Its been intense, to say the least. Sometimes I am doing really well. Others, I just feel overwhelmed, sad, and hurt... I have to remind myself some days that everything happens for a reason, at the perfect time, for a greater purpose than I can understand.

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.

Last edited by Shades of Grey; July 31st, 2012 at 08:37 AM.
July 31st, 2012, 08:31 AM
Christina(mommyof2)'s Avatar Army Wife
Ntnp!
July 31st, 2012, 08:50 AM
Elevin26's Avatar Super Mommy
Guess we are included in NTNP. We had the big discussion of ok we are ready to have kids now. So we won't prevent anything from happening and just live our lives. DTD maybe twice that week and BAM. I didn't even have a chance to use my little chart thing I had downloaded lol.

July 31st, 2012, 01:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ummm, all the above? lol!

When my 2nd was about 15 mos old, my first postpartum period came back (yes, I know, the 2 yr break was wonderful!) and after that we werent really trying, we were leaving it up to God, but then I didnt REALLY want to get pregnant because I was so afraid of getting so sick again... and I also wanted a Spring baby, not another Nov/Dec baby. So I was trying to time my cycle going by cervical mucus and so we abstained on the days I THOUGHT I was fertile.... Well, come to find out, I ovulated a whole 10 days after I thought I did (so like on cycle day 30) and now little baby boy is here!

...Hilary...
Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)
and NUMBER4! (due 7/4/2015)

July 31st, 2012, 01:15 PM
Dhartanya's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ntnp
July 31st, 2012, 01:22 PM
Crystalici0us4's Avatar Aubree Lynn's Mommy<3<3
We were TTA. I've always wanted to be a mommy, and I've been wanting to have a baby since a ew years after Mike & I started dating. He just wasn't ready. I was on birth control on & off thru out our relationship. I had been on the pill for a couple of years and was on the pill when I got pregnant. I had been put on Seasonique, that pill where you're only supposed to get your period every 3 months. Well, I was on that for 6 minths and still got my period every month. So I switched to something else and was on that for almost a year. Then, in March, I started to feel weird, and different. I knew getting preggo on the pill was a possibility, bc Mikes mom got pregnant with him while on the pill. I just didn't think it would happen to us because we've been together so long and I never got pregnant, on or off the pill. I took a test on April 2nd, and SURPRISE!! I was shocked, but so happy because its something I've wanted for a long, long time!
July 31st, 2012, 05:37 PM
Veteran
TTA we thought we were done. Believe it or not I usually struggle to get pg.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search