Sleep Issues

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By philly78

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 30th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Veteran
Anyone else having issues putting their LO to sleep? I've been having issues lately with getting her to sleep 8:30pm.

Last night she finally fell asleep at 10:30 after DH picked her up and played with her a bit and then rocked her to sleep

Tonight, I made her CIO for about 3 minutes (for DH it felt like an eternity) before I picked her up and fed her some more - she didn't eat just played with the boob till she passed out at about 9:15 ish.

Usually after her bedtime routine, last thing before moving her to her crib is boobfeeding til she's sleeping, rocking her (while walking to her crib) then down for the night. Lately none of this has been working.

Suggestions?
July 31st, 2012, 03:04 AM
Clutch's Avatar First Timer
Thanks for opening the thread -- I'm also curious about suggestions on this topic.

Since birth, my LO reaches the most energetic part of her day from 5pm to 11pm, and we've never been able to get her to go to sleep before midnight unless we take great efforts to keep her awake all day (no naps whatsoever). But that's just cruel, and I won't do it.

We've tried warm baths and warm bottles/nursing at 7:30. That generally produces a 5-minute nap and then she's kicking her little legs like the Energizer Bunny until midnight.

Her internal body clock is just off, and I don't know how to fix it other than moving to a new time zone.

There's got to be an answer though!
July 31st, 2012, 04:07 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
I don't have any suggestions. You could try calling the pediatrician to see if they have suggestions about changing the circadian rhythms.
July 31st, 2012, 05:52 AM
shanirah's Avatar Mommy Strawberry
No advice here. She goes down about midnight also, but we are night owls, so it is ok. She will get on a more realistic schedule sooner or later.

“First things first, but not necessarily in that order.” The Doctor

July 31st, 2012, 07:11 AM
Brittney06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lane is a great sleeper but he does not take good naps so I don't know if that helps. He is super fussy all day because he refuses to nap. He always wants to play as soon as I lay him down. I do allow him to CIO to a point though because that is just the type of baby he is. I use to try and get him to sleep and then lay him down but he would wake up and start trying to play every time I finally started laying him down and standing in there with him. If he crys I wait a minute give him his binky and we usually do this about 10 times and then he passes out. I don't like to just leave the room and let him scream but sometimes I have to as I have two three year olds to keep up with. Normally by the time I get them settled back down which is usually less then 5 minutes he is passed out. Good luck!
July 31st, 2012, 07:40 PM
Veteran
We were having issues here too with my little guy being very awake and very active at night. Not good since I'm up at 5:30am!

Things have been going better though. I just kept doing the same routine every night and now he is asleep by 10. Much better than midnight!

We do our bath at 8:30pm. This way, he is getting a bath at the same time every night...even on the days I work. Then I feed him, rock him in the rocker and sing...even though my oldest now tells me how horrible my voice is. Haha! But Georgie likes it!

I also have this Graco sound machine that I keep on and all the lights are out. When we first started doing this, I would rock and sing to him for 2-3 hours in the dark...and also pace back and forth in the hall when he would get too fussy. Oh and feed him too. I just kept at it every night...doing the same routine and now he falls asleep quicker....around 9:30-10pm. He wakes up at 5am. This works perfect for us because I can feed him and spend time with him before work. And on the days I'm home, I just go back to bed for a bit when he takes a nap.

I think I read or heard somewhere that if you want your baby to go to bed earlier, you should move down in 15 minute increments. So...if she is going to bed at 10pm most nights now, try putting her down at 9:45. Then 9:30; 9:15 and so forth.

Good luck!
Clutch likes this.
August 2nd, 2012, 01:42 PM
Mischesbaby
Leah when co-sleeping with me would sleep 6-9 hours straight. She would go down between 8-9pm which she still does but not wake all night. Now that we are putting her in the crib. She wakes up at least once, she sleepy though, I feed her a little boob and put her back usually 1/2 hour and she goes back down still about 5-6am. I can't figure out why she is waking in the crib but not when she is with me. Some people think its because I am not with her. I don't know.
August 3rd, 2012, 07:11 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What time is she waking up?? Maybe you could start her day earlier in hopes that she goes to bed earlier.

=May '05 and '11

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search