bugs bugs bugs!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 30th, 2012, 09:05 PM
GiaTortilla's Avatar FTM to a princess
I don't know if anyone else is dealing with this issue, but I'm getting so tired of the Summer bugs! Not even just spiders, we're getting these big water bugs and they're everywhere! It's not once in a while anymore, it's quite frequently and it's affecting my ability to sleep. Usually I see them in my room when I'm trying to sleep, so I have an abnormal fear of them, and like a little kid I've been sleeping with TV on lol. That's the only complaint I have about Summer that I really really hate!

It seems so ridiculous I'm sorry, it's just I only have so much Raid on hand

Wish they'd stay out!!

Gia - young mommy to a beautiful princess and wife to one amazing man.
6.24.10/9.24.12./5.25.13 we're married!
July 30th, 2012, 11:08 PM
meddleman's Avatar Loving my girls!!!!
Are they red and black? We have boxelder bugs all over the outside of our house because the previous owners planted a female boxelder tree. HATE THEM!
July 30th, 2012, 11:14 PM
Oh no! They're not boxelder bugs, but I remember I used to live in a place where they were all over too! I don't think they bothered me as much as these ones here. They're just your standard American waterbugs :/ The nasty brown kind.

July 30th, 2012, 11:18 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel the buggy pain im so sick of treating for creepy crawlies.

July 31st, 2012, 06:18 AM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
We live surrounded by woods, so we get lots of bugs, but mainly spiders. I hate it!!!

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

July 31st, 2012, 06:40 AM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have had a really humid summer so far - so there are a TON of bugs. Mosquitos, spiders, flys. We are up at the cottage alot on weekends (trees and water)..so that doesn't help.

July 31st, 2012, 10:27 AM
Country928's Avatar Marisa
Bugs everywhere. Its been a good and wet rainy season so far. Not only bugs but tons of toads,tree frogs and lizards.
July 31st, 2012, 11:25 AM
Pixie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh bugs! We get them pretty bad. Mostly June Beetles and orb weaver spiders in the yard and house spiders inside. We also get boxelder bugs that congregate on a light pole out front (which thanks to this thread I now know what they are). The spiders are BAD around my house. I pretty much leave the orb weavers alone because they kill the other bugs in the yard although I have a huge fear of running into one of their webs at night. The inside spiders are going to drive me nuts though. I have found one in my bed while getting ready to sleep on 2 different occassions and they are often found in my shower as well. DS is terrified of them too. I hate them!

July 31st, 2012, 11:36 AM
Derby Girl's Avatar Veteran
I feel your pain! We have an inground pool in our backyard that attracks these water bugs at night. They've found a way into my house and I've had to kill a couple. I even kicked one while walking down my dark hall, if I had actually stepped on it I wouldn've screamed! Oh and stupid little spiders everywhere!
July 31st, 2012, 11:40 AM
Okay I don't feel so bad, I don't wanna sound like a cry baby, but gah they really do go everywhere!

And Pixie, yes! Thanks, you reminded me of the June beetles, I forgot those have been lurking around too! Those little buggers aren't friendly either! I'll be honest, I had to google orb weavers lol I haven't heard of those, but oh my gosh those do look scary! I haven't been too concerned with the inside spiders except for black widows! I found two already in the garage, I'm hoping they stay outside!

Derby, I have stepped on one already, barefoot

July 31st, 2012, 11:51 AM
Derby Girl's Avatar Veteran
Ewww sorry I'm cringing. Crunch right under your foot
July 31st, 2012, 12:00 PM
Lol yes, it's disgusting, and it happened in my room, so that's also a big reason why I'm scared to sleep at night

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search