Bras

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By KatherineD
  • 1 Post By white.house

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2012, 07:36 AM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
SO now that I'm a 36D, I've been buying a few bras here and there (oh my gosh, the Cs I have now are so so tight!). I have learned that no pretty bras are made in a D cup (they are all plain solid colors and lace is hard to come by) and that everyone in this town must be a 36D because I can't seem to find any in that size And God forbid I find any without molded cups/padding and push up. Seriously, a D cup does not need to "add a size"
Sam914 and Belita like this.

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

July 31st, 2012, 08:57 AM
*Anna*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm normally a big b/small c. And now am a small D. I bought 3 of the Coobie bras that had the discount recently and they are awesome and soooo comfy and so cute and sexy . I def recommend them. Here is a pic of me in one of them.
July 31st, 2012, 09:36 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
I just want to find a decent bra that holds these girls up! I'm a 34 DD and it is so hard to find that size. It's either a push up bra - hello, I don't need these suckers sticking out anymore, or a granny Maidenform bra that is paper thin anyways - hello headlights! I can't find anything that actually holds the girls in and up. It's been a huge source of frustration for me. The bra I am wearing right now, the straps just don't tighten enough to pull the girls up, so they are just sitting there. I hate bra shopping...

July 31st, 2012, 09:54 AM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Oh yes, it's definitely frustrating shopping for bigger size bras. I don't even know why they make them that size with padding or without an underwire... I don't want them to look any bigger and I don't want a uniboob and I definitely don't want them down to my belly button
Belita likes this.

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
July 31st, 2012, 10:36 AM
Think4Yourself's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm a 36D also (but growing.. ughhh....) and I agree it is such a pain! All my bras are boring bras. I've been wanting to find a cute one but haven't had much luck :/. A 36D with so much padding in it that my boobs are popping out the top.. it's no longer a 36D people!! lol

July 31st, 2012, 11:26 AM
Veteran
I'm sorry but I can't stop chuckling at this thread I understand your frustration, I truly do but when I go bra shopping I look at the D/DD bras with great envy. The selection is huge, the styles are so cute and the prices are wonderful.
July 31st, 2012, 01:37 PM
meddleman's Avatar Loving my girls!!!!
Check out Cacique brand. I think they sell them at Lane Bryant, but they start with a 36 band and a D cup, and some are super cute! Full Figure Bras | Cacique Intimates
July 31st, 2012, 05:07 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hear you! When I first went to the bra store at 9 weeks and found out how much I'd grown (I was a C pre-pregnancy) I was ready to cry. I couldn't bring myself to buy the granny bras that seemed to be all I could find. I ended up at Nordstrom and I ended up finding two pretty bras. They were expensive, though, at $60 each.

July 31st, 2012, 06:34 PM
LindsayGriff
I just the other day finally broke down and purchased new bras as I was litterally popping out of my old ones. I was a 34 B and kind of on the smaller B size pre-pregnancy. I am now a 36 C and fit into it really comfortably that I am afraid that I will still grow out of these. I am smaller than most of you all but I still feel huge now compared to where I came from. I bought mine at Kohls the other day when they had buy one get one free and then I had a 30% off coupon so I bought 2 regular bras and 2 nursing bras for only like $75 dollars after all the discounts.

Thank you peimum for my siggy
July 31st, 2012, 08:30 PM
~l~
Oh my gosh, finally people who can relate to my struggle! For a long time I was 34DD- 36D just didn't fit right. I could not find my size anywhere except expensive VS. Now 36D is more comfortable, but yes, hard to find cute stuff, especially if you don't want to spend a fortune and NO, I do not need a thick, padded, push up bra. I do not want Dolly Parton boobs up in my throat.
I really want to buy nursing bras, but good ones. Planning to buy some Bravada online next month. I had walmart ones last time and they were comfortable, but didn't like the wide, pointy shape or the lack of any padding so my nursing pads showed through my shirts.
August 1st, 2012, 08:00 AM
rhettsmum's Avatar Member
I feel your pain ladies, I was a 36DDD before getting pregnant. I'm at an F/G now depending on the brand. The JCP brand Ambrielle usually has some pretty ones in larger sizes, although I almost always have to get them online since the stores don't have them. I was just saying the other day that I'm looking forward to breast shrinkage after breastfeeding this kiddo so I can get pretty bras for cheaper prices
I can't wear underwires anymore, so I'm doomed to sagginess for awhile.

@amhk I had bravado bras last time and I LOVE THEM. also got 2 Cake nursing bras off Zulily for a decent price and they're very cute and comfortable. (I had to bust them out the other day cuz all my others were underwire and killing me)
August 1st, 2012, 10:54 AM
Veteran
They are not cheap but here are the places I typically shop for bras-
figleaves.com Womens lingerie, bras, briefs, hosiery, swimwear, underwear, clothing, free returns
Bras, Bra Fitting, Nursing Bras & Supplies, Bra Size Swim & More | Breakout Bras

I'm lucky that Break Out Bra's is just down the street from me but both places are really good with returns/exchanges. I'm not very good with US sizing but they are about the best I've found for the G+ cup sizing (UK).
August 1st, 2012, 11:02 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
I need to go bra shopping today and I'm not looking forward to it. I'm down to one bra, a 38 DD and I'm popping out of it. I've been a D/DD since high school and I've given up on finding anything cute. lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search