Two for Tuesday

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2012, 08:11 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Maternity clothes after the fact

1. What will you do with your maternity clothes once you don't need them anymore - sell them, donate them, give them away, recycle them, keep them for another pregnancy?

2. Will you actually continue to wear any of them even after post-partum weight loss?

July 31st, 2012, 08:17 AM
afwifey09's Avatar proud momma to Ava Kay
1. What will you do with your maternity clothes once you don't need them anymore - sell them, donate them, give them away, recycle them, keep them for another pregnancy? I'll be keeping them since we plan on a baby #2, we'll see if we still feel that way after Ava gets here though.

2. Will you actually continue to wear any of them even after post-partum weight loss? No way! I told DH all I want for my birthday and Christmas is to go on a shopping spree and redo my wardrobe now that we're in a totally different climate and I should probably purchase some more mommy-appropriate clothes!
July 31st, 2012, 08:33 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
1. What will you do with your maternity clothes once you don't need them anymore - sell them, donate them, give them away, recycle them, keep them for another pregnancy? Keep them for next time! After we're done, I'll pass them onto friends or donate them

2. Will you actually continue to wear any of them even after post-partum weight loss? No, they better not fit me! lol
Surprise baby! due 3/27/2017

Save
Save
Save
July 31st, 2012, 08:43 AM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
1. What will you do with your maternity clothes once you don't need them anymore - sell them, donate them, give them away, recycle them, keep them for another pregnancy?
I'm keeping them around for our next (last) pregnancy... but after that, I'll probably just donate them.

2. Will you actually continue to wear any of them even after post-partum weight loss?
There are several maternity shirts that I have worn year-round, regardless of pregnancy. I'm sure I'll keep those ones even after my next pregnancy.
As for pants, I'll really only use those until my belly goes away.
July 31st, 2012, 08:45 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I will keep mine for a year or so until we're 100% decided whether we're done. If we decide yes, or if post-partum I find I am not the same size as before as happened with pregnancy #1, I will Ebay them.

I probably will keep my white Colline dress from Vertbaudet. I've barely had chance to wear it and it's very pretty and can be used as a regular loose summer dress. I'll probably also keep my 2 pairs of maternity leggings as I wear leggings a lot and you really wouldn't be able to tell the difference to look at me.

July 31st, 2012, 08:59 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
1. What will you do with your maternity clothes once you don't need them anymore - sell them, donate them, give them away, recycle them, keep them for another pregnancy? I'll probably keep most of them in case of another baby since we're undecided

2. Will you actually continue to wear any of them even after post-partum weight loss? Not the actual maternity stuff, no, but I have a few pre-pregnancy things and a couple of maxi dresses that I'll probably keep wearing.
July 31st, 2012, 09:34 AM
Mom to Madeline
My maternity clothes never ended up fitting me. I'm actually kinda bum bed, bc I bought some really cute stuff.

I have a few friends that are TTC and when they get knocked up, I'll gift them to them!
July 31st, 2012, 09:59 AM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum

My brothers GFs are quite different in size from me - so I can't pass them on within the family - so I plan on donating half to the Salvation Army and then the other half I will keep my eye out on kijiji for someone who is asking for some and we will give her the other half.

2. Will you actually continue to wear any of them even after post-partum weight loss? Some of the things I wore at the beginning weren't even maternity clothes and I will be wearing them - mostly leggings and 3 tops I got in England. The stretchy top pants will go as soon as I don't need them any longer.
July 31st, 2012, 10:03 AM
Ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will probably hold onto them for a while until I'm positive our family is complete. There was one pair of really comfy maternity sweatpants that don't look like maternity pants at all so I'll hold onto them. I wear them all the time!

When I don't need them anymore all the rest of the clothes will be donated.
July 31st, 2012, 10:05 AM
Londons Butterfly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
I will be keeping them. I will probably be wearing them for a while, I love a bunch of shirts I got. The pants well I cant wait to not fit in them

Scarlett Diane

July 31st, 2012, 10:09 AM
Blessed.Life's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are going to wait a while before we TTC (3 or 4 years) but mostly what I bought are basic items not trendy stuff so I will be keeping them. A couple of the shirts I bought are empire waisted so they will still be cute when I am not pregnant so I will keep those around. Honestly I did not buy much, most of what I wore was not maternity
July 31st, 2012, 12:03 PM
sophie830's Avatar Sophie
I'll be keeping them for my third because good pregnancy clothes are hard to find and the jeans I have were discontinued! I might wear the jeans after the baby comes because they don't look like maternity pants and are much more comfortable.

July 31st, 2012, 12:08 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
I'll be giving them to my sister as she is just at the end of her first trimester.

I have a lot of stretchy items that aren't truly maternity and i will keep those. I also wear maternity T's for a while after.

July 31st, 2012, 02:29 PM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
I will keep some of the shirts because they aren't all actual maternity. Some of the pants I will keep too, like the yoga pants and some of the low rise capris. They should fit me for awhile.

I might sell some, but since a lot was given to me I can't morally sell those, they will be donated either to a person or to the goodwill.

Tags
pregnancy qotd , tuesday qotd , two for tuesday

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search