Car ideas?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2012, 02:46 PM
Dhartanya's Avatar Paleo Mommy-to-be
We're planning on getting a small SUV or car or perhaps some sort of cross over, in the near future...
Any reccomendations?
I really want it to be awesome on gas!

Im not brand picky

July 31st, 2012, 03:11 PM
DawnVH's Avatar Supermom to Sid and Este
I love my Chrysler Pacifica. Seats 6 plenty of room with back row down for groceries and stroller, rides like a dream and super comfy for long trips. I was nervous that I would have to get rid of it for a minivan but realized if i put the two bigger kids in the back two seats and the infant in the middle row (there is a console between middle row so you can't walk between rows) that I can easily still get all kids in and out. Plus, I love it that my car came with a 6 dvd changer (I still need to buy the screen as it wasn't needed due to age of my children) Now it will be handy with the bigger two in the back row and will give them something to look at. With that being said, I need to go and check out amazon.com!
July 31st, 2012, 03:16 PM
bug, boo, n boogers mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hmm... I LOVED my ford Edge. That being said, it is great for 2 adults and 2 children. With us having another baby, squeezing in a 3rd car seat was going to be a pain. Gas mileage on it is decent, and I liked how it looked!

Thank's to lovinMyGirls for my awsome name siggy!

July 31st, 2012, 03:16 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love my Honda Pilot! It seats 8 when needed and it also gets relatively good gas mileage for an SUV.
July 31st, 2012, 04:23 PM
** Tay **'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a GMC Envoy Denali... Seats 2 adults 2 kids great and is super comfy
Love the looks of it too!

I have a GMC Envoy Denali... Seats 2 adults 2 kids great and is super comfy
Love the looks of it too!

July 31st, 2012, 06:40 PM
rucca1002's Avatar Veteran
I just got rid of my Subaru Forrester -- LOVED it! AWD. Got 26 MPG city and 28-29 hwy consistently. And it worked great for 2 adults and 2 kids (and a dog). However, it would NOT fit three car seats... so I actually had to trade it in. And since I am going to be watching my niece in addition to having our 3 boys, I ended up with a minivan...
July 31st, 2012, 07:11 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
Loooove my Toyota Rav4. We actually get great gas mileage. If you need to do 3 carseats, you have to do pre 2006. If there is no need for that or just need it for two seats, any year works.

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
July 31st, 2012, 07:30 PM
Dhartanya's Avatar Paleo Mommy-to-be
LOL So far only need room for 1 car seat LOL

July 31st, 2012, 07:30 PM
Regular
i second the honda pilot...am in love...my hubby got it for me..when we were having a 2nd baby....and now we are having a third...

i am on vacation..but i miss my pilot..LOL
July 31st, 2012, 09:32 PM
Veteran
The Mazda 5 is my favorite

August 1st, 2012, 05:47 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
I have the Jeep Compass. I like it. It's a small crossover and I would prefer something a little bigger, but this was what was in our budget when we were buying it a few years ago. It works for now.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

August 1st, 2012, 05:50 AM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
I just bought a Kia Soul a couple of months ago and I LOVE it!!! Its amazing on gas... has the audio controls, and bluetooth right on the steering wheel... and is roomy.... Absoultely LOVE this SUV..... and it was one of the lower costing ones too...

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

August 1st, 2012, 09:32 AM
Veteran
I'm having my first and just traded from a Kia Optima up to a Nissan Rogue in May. It is a great size and fit the car seat DH & I decided on with room for the dog. Gas Mileage is about 23mpg right now but that's 99% city driving with only +/- 1000 miles.
August 1st, 2012, 10:19 AM
Super Mommy
i'm going for a ford fusion since my husband doesn't like the idea of an SUV or a hatchback. but a friend of mine has a subaru 2012 hatchback and i like it well enough and it's super roomy inside! she's due september so i'll know how it works with a new born soon enough too!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search