Terrible memory...who was I talking to about Sunbaby diapers?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2012, 12:16 AM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
I'm ready to order and I'm dealing with not being able to find size details. What is the size one and what is size 2, typically? In sun baby... I need to know if size 1 is newborn and 2 is from 10lbs+ or is it different and will I still need a bunch of each of these AND newborn pre-folds. Totally lost and ready to go ahead on this now... THANK YOU!
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

August 1st, 2012, 01:24 AM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
Me! Size 1 is still from birthish, or more likely, when they hit 10ish lbs and Size 2 is if you tend to have chunkier babies that get bigger faster. If you typically have little babies go with size 1. If your babies grow pretty big pretty fast or come pretty big and have chunkier legs, get size 2 and use the prefolds when they are to big at the beginning. Neither are really a newborn solution as they aren't likely to fit that first month.

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
August 1st, 2012, 10:41 PM
Thank you! I went ahead and bought 24 of the size 2 with 48 bamboo inserts. What kind of prefolds are you getting and how many? What kind of covers and how many? Will I need snappis? I've even seen some say they just lay it out inside the cover without the snappi...can that be right? I don't mean to just copy everything but I am so lost and want to do this so bad.
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

August 2nd, 2012, 09:32 AM
If you are going to do regular prefolds and covers, yes you need snappis. I am actually not doing prefolds. I would get 6 covers and 24-48 somewhere in there, prefolds. I would get the Green mountain diaper brand and probably would get either thirsties or bummis covers.

August 2nd, 2012, 08:02 PM
Thank God for you! I will do just that...wonder how many snappis I should get...is the price for a pack? How many if so? hmm I can't imagine it's like $5-6 for just one snappi, no?
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

August 2nd, 2012, 08:11 PM
They should all say 1 pack or 3 pack to tell you how many are in there. You can find a one pack for 2.50ish. I would doubt you would need more than 2 or 3. Get the smaller size if you are just doing newborn prefolds and not prefolds later on.

August 2nd, 2012, 08:47 PM
Nevermind, found the packs of 3 for $7+. Not bad It all adds up fast though! Just have to keep telling dh that we will spend less overall and may be able to sell after we are done with the stuff.

Sorry, posted at the same time...I am trying to decide between 3 or 6. If I have 3, I will be trying to chase down the 3 all the time. If I get 6, I'll probably lose 3 anyway and still be down to 3 lol.
August 2nd, 2012, 09:24 PM
In my head I can't really picture how one could get lost or even need more than one because it is on the baby, you change the baby and put it right back on so its never really off ever.

August 2nd, 2012, 09:35 PM
LOL Talent. haha I thought of that too but do they ever break? Just figured I'd like a change and would end up losing them or breaking them. I can do it! Trust me

Or maybe like piercing jewelry...it comes with a few in a pack because they fall out or you take it out to clean it and lose it? I don't know...just thinking, or not
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

Last edited by Gripstress; August 2nd, 2012 at 09:37 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search