We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
What "rules", common practices, etc are you diligent about? I feed 'em, keep 'em clean and clothed, and am currently trying to teach kid the first some manners. Where do you think you slack off? Pretty much everywhere else. We're very go-with-the-flow people and have a pretty loose parenting 'style'...
- avoiding processed food and excessive sweets
- being affectionate to them when I am not affectionate by nature
- disciplining without hitting (this is important to me because of my childhood, not a judgement on others)
- dental hygiene
- making my son clean up
- being a teacher (sometimes I feel like I could do more to help him evolve, but I don't think about it naturally and I forget)
I slack off on dental hygiene too, he brushes only at night usually. I naturally forget stuff too. I always think it's my fault that Brandon didn't talk before he was 4 cause I'm naturally a quiet person and I didn't talk much to him because it never occurred to me.
“First things first, but not necessarily in that order.” The Doctor
I have a very loose parenting style so I slack off a lot. Too much TV, video games and sweets for sure. But I'm serious about school and doing your best and I make sure to offer healthy foods (although they don't get eaten) and that he gets some form of physical activity each day.
my kids watch way too much tv and eat too many sweets too. i'm so awful about that.
but I also try really hard to parent with the "do as I do" thing in mind. I try not to spank or yell because I tell them not to taht to each other. They do as I do rather than what I say. They're held accountable though and they both hate being sent to their room so it works out
• making sure Ethan is clean for bed
• making sure Ethan minds me
• All toys must be put up before bed
• He has awesome manners
• I am awful at dental hygiene :/
• I don't feel like I am a very good teacher at all. I don't do well explaining things. (He has learned most of what he knows from Nick Jr)
• Watches a lot of tv some days
Consistency in discipline
Use my manners so she has great manners
I make sure she eats her fruits and veggies
Dental hygiene (not just because of her enamel hypoplasia, we were always careful with this)
I find ways let her help with everything. She's good at laundry and dishes
Desserts. We eat pretty healthily at home but since I always want dessert she eats too many also. I should wait till she's asleep!
Not enough outside time
Too much tv time
Don't play WITH her enough, always telling her to "go play" :/
Don't do enough crafts, painting, cooking, messy stuff with her