Rainbow Baby Mamas!!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree25Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2012, 07:40 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
I remember when this DDC first started, I was really surprised by the amount of us who were expecting our rainbow babies. Who are all our rainbow baby mamas and how are you doing emotionally at this point in your pregnancy?
Enceinte2012 likes this.

August 1st, 2012, 07:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What a nice thread to start Amber I hope you are doing ok!

I am doing so/so emotionally. The fear of losing Annalise hasn't lessened since day one. I still check the toilet paper every time I go to the bathroom. I am so worried that going back to work is a bad idea, but since I haveto make sure I can pay the bills after she arrives, I have no choice. I just pray every night that she will stay put until at least 34 weeks. I'm also so happy to feel her kick and move - I wish I could just hug & kiss her and tell her how much I love her.

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

August 1st, 2012, 07:58 AM
mollymalone's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel a little more confident, having reached viability, although I still worry about her coming early, or some other unforseen complication.

It's amazing to look back and see how quickly this has all passed. I got my BFP the same week as my due date from my last pregnancy. I wasn't sure how I was going to get through that week, and really wasn't expecting a positive test result. That good news really helped me get through the week, but then I was immediately on pins and needles, praying I wouldn't have to go through a third loss.

On July 16th, I woke up with the thought occuring to me that had we not lost our first pregnancy, we would have been celebrating the 2nd birthday of our twins. However, feeling Ellie rolling around inside of me made it possible for me to acknowledge the day without that normal overwhelming gloom that usually settles in on such days.

I still can't believe I have my rainbow baby inside of me! And seriously ladies, now that today is AUGUST 1st... doesn't November seem so close???

August 1st, 2012, 07:59 AM
Almondeyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Almondeyes
I think I'm doing better then I thought. I have my up and down days of course, but that I think comes with the bed rest. And that is something I will do to keep my rainbow baby cooking. One reason why I bought my rainbow sock monkey, it just reminds me of all that I have been through in the past, and all I look forward to in the furture with my little girl Victoria. I still can't believe I made it to my 3rd trimester, still in a little disbelief, but very very grateful.

August 1st, 2012, 08:04 AM
LiamsMother's Avatar Amanda (Amahnda)
I'm finally confident that he isn't going anywhere. I'm past viability and the subchorionic hemorrhages are gone. I feel like I've passed the "waits": waiting to ovulate, 2 week wait, wait until a hb is seen in an u/s, wait until 2nd trimester hits, waiting to see a healthy baby on the anatomy u/s, and now viability. All I'm waiting for is to hold my rainbow baby. And yes, November seems a lot closer, now that it's August already.

August 1st, 2012, 09:36 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm doing pretty well. I have a friend who is due 3 weeks ahead of me for my angel baby and she's ready to give birth any day now. My EDD is also coming up on August 25th. I'm honestly doing a lot better with it than I thought I would and I think a big part of it is being able to focus on Sean. I'd probably be crying all the time if it weren't for him. I'll still do something to remember my angel on his due date, though. I don't want to forget him.

Reaching viability this past Sunday was a great milestone for me. A huge relief to know that, even though we want him to stay put for a few more months, that he would have a fighting chance of survival if he had to be born now.

Most of the time I feel confident that I'll get to keep my baby boy, but I do have moments of panic and worry that something will happen to him. Honestly, I think part of that is just my personality and I'll keep having that worry even after he's born.
~Tanya~ and fancypants27 like this.

August 1st, 2012, 09:53 AM
*Izzy's*Mommy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't necessarily feel like this is my rainbow baby. I had a missed miscarriage (blighted ovum) at 11 weeks along...so there wasn't really a baby. I basically cried after I found out and moved on to ttc again.

This time, once I saw that a baby had grown at my first ultrasound, I've felt much better.

I'm SO happy for all the women who have had one loss or many, and are getting their babies. It's a great feeling.
~Tanya~ and fancypants27 like this.

August 1st, 2012, 02:06 PM
~l~
Thanks for asking! I am doing mostly well, but I still struggle sometimes with things. I am very happy and excited for this baby, but I still have some things to process from our last loss and it's really hard to put it into words.
August 1st, 2012, 02:21 PM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
I'm doing ok. I passed my loss date for my most recent loss in May and that was super hard, especially since I went up to MD to photograph babies that I was supposed to be due with. These next few days are hard as it marks the 3 year anniversary of learning of my partial molar pregnancy and dealing with the aftermath of that I'm just trying to stay focused on getting through the next 11 weeks to finish up all my work and then relaxing until W gets here.

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

August 1st, 2012, 02:26 PM
Veteran
hopeful. I pretty confident it will all work out this time. I will feel better in Sept. Of course I said that every month. I will feel better next month. I have a friend who gave birth to a 31 weeker in June. He is still in NICU. I dont want that for little Autumn. So, I keep saying I will feel better next month.

August 1st, 2012, 02:27 PM
I sometimes have a hard time thinking that I should have a 7 month old right now, but I'm actually in a pretty good place. I keep telling myself that Akadia is at a much better age now for having to deal with a new baby.

I do not worry about this pregnancy much anymore. I've been trying to take it a week at a time. Each week longer that this baby bakes the better. In the beginning, I was a nervous wreck and afraid to let myself get attached because I'd already been disapointed multiple times. Just so happy that this pregnancy seems to be going along without any major bumps (knock on some major wood!)

To keep myself sane though, I've pretty much put all of my due dates and old due date clubs out of my head. I can only tell you the first due date and would have to figure out the other 3 on a calendar. I know some people it helps to remember, but I even took the dates of my losses off of my siggie to preserve my sanity.

Last edited by Leanne78; August 1st, 2012 at 02:30 PM.
August 1st, 2012, 04:21 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
I'm here. I'm feeling, of course, ten times better than I did in March and April but it's still a daily struggle for me. I know my circumstances are a bit different because reaching the 1st tri, viability and things like that don't really ease my fears. I'll get to see him again on u/s next week and then not again til he's born. I know that wait is going to be really hard on me and the month of October is going to be really difficult too, so as much as I am looking forward to the end of my pregnancy I'm also not.
I am just rambling away....

One day at a time for me. Some days are hard and other days are not so much. But through it all I am beyond blessed!

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]
forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
August 1st, 2012, 04:36 PM
Amber, that's why I stepped down from co-hosting Pregnancy Loss. I just felt like it was making it too hard for me to move forward.

August 1st, 2012, 04:59 PM
rachkel's Avatar Super Mommy
I hate to impose on this thread... but I have to ask. What is a "rainbow baby"?

Visit my blog! Lots of health and fitness insights... including pregnancy!

www.HealthFitnessLove.wordpress.com

August 1st, 2012, 05:10 PM
a baby born after the loss of a pregnancy.

August 1st, 2012, 06:43 PM
What Robyn said. It's a baby born following a miscarriage/loss.

August 1st, 2012, 07:00 PM
MelNYC's Avatar Melissa
I am feeling much more confident since our loss in October last year. Until the end of the first trimester I was afraid to get excited and feared going into ultrasounds to get bad news. But as time passes and baby keeps passing tests with flying colors things are easier to accept.

The start of this week I had a decrease in fetal movement which scared the crap out of me and sent me straight back to that "fear of loss" place. But yesterday he started up again like gangbusters so that has passed.

Sending all you ladies that have suffered a loss a prayer for peace in your hearts and healthy bouncing babies in a few months!
August 1st, 2012, 07:00 PM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm doing pretty well. July is when my baby was due, most likely would have had him/her in June and I did ok. There was a couple whose family goes to our church and they came to our church and announced that they were expecting the weekend before my loss. A couple weeks ago, our pastor announced they had their baby. I was a little surprised at how much it stung.

But overall, I'm doing better. Not nearly as nervous as I started out. And now that I'm working on Labor and Delivery and getting to take care of some babies, I can't wait until she is here!
August 1st, 2012, 07:38 PM
LindsayGriff
I am doing well. My loss EDD passed at the end of July and while before it came up I thought it was going to be a really hard day but I ended up being so busy around that time that I honestly didn't even realize that it had passed till about 4 days after the day. I am starting to relax more the farther along I get and it helps to be feeling kicks all the time for reassurance but I still have the risk of my antibodies in my blood causing harm to the baby. I may feel a lot better when I get the results of todays tests back. If they still haven't risen in 26 wks then I have a feeling they may stay low the whole pregnancy and not affect the baby and then I will relax more. My co-worker who is only 1 wk ahead of me went into pre-term labor last night and is now in the hospital so that made me worry a little that that could still happen to me.

Thank you peimum for my siggy
August 1st, 2012, 07:54 PM
Nicole1481's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im doing ok, add me to the checking TP every time to go group. My baby would of been born June 3rd. One minute I was completely fine and the next minute I was in pain and everything fell apart. I know things can change suddenly. I thank god every night for baby Colt and pray he stays put till its time for him to come out. Every time I look at my growing belly I can see the scar from my lost baby.

My brother asked me why we arent naming this baby James (its been our baby boy name forever) and my DH promptly responded, "that was our last babies name". I have a necklace with all my kids names on it. DH was talking the other day, how he needed to order 2 new tags for it. One for Colt and one for James. It made me want to cry.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search