August Chat Wars - TEAM PINK!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree112Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2012, 02:12 PM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
LOVE Dark Chocolate... can't stand milk chocolate... but dark... especially if it's Doves Dark Chocolate... YYUUUMMMMM

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

August 1st, 2012, 02:13 PM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Ok, you all are making me super hungry. So on to a different topic...

Is anyone else having a hard time not buying every adorable little girl thing out there?! Everything for little girls is just soooo cute and of course Sophia has to have it! Shopping for little girls is dangerous! My new obsession is headbands!

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby Landon in Feb!

{Our family blog}

August 1st, 2012, 02:28 PM
mlc52811's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm trying really really hard not to buy too much! I'm still paranoid about the "95% sure" thing... what if she comes out as a boy?! But I'm with you on headbands... I also love little caps that match onesies and sleep sacks. aw.

August 1st, 2012, 03:17 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
I want to buy ever single little girls thing I see. I constantly want to look at stuff and shop online. Argh. It is such an addiction. I am trying super hard to wait and see what happens at the baby shower but man it is tough.

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
August 1st, 2012, 03:39 PM
I know! I'm trying to make myself wait now, since I know I'll get clothes at the baby shower and just from my mom and sister wanting to buy clothes for her. But it's all so tempting! Especially when you get those emails from all the stores saying they're having special sales!

Anyone want to share a pic of their favorite item they've bought or received so far?

{Our family blog}

August 1st, 2012, 04:20 PM
DawnVH's Avatar Supermom to Sid and Este
oh yes. Pumpkin flavored treats. I too have pinned many recipes of pumpkin sweets on pinterest. I love making pumpkin bars with buttercream frosting, pumpkin bread, pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin cake.....oh my.

and to top it off you have it with a pumpkin latte. YUMMO
August 1st, 2012, 04:23 PM
bug, boo, n boogers mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We haven't bought anything yet. I need to get the kids school clothes, then we will start getting stuff for Kenzie!

Thank's to lovinMyGirls for my awsome name siggy!

August 1st, 2012, 05:10 PM
Miss Kelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been researching online on how to make headbands and flowers. it seems rediculous to spend so much money on something that should be easy to make. I'm not a full out DIY mom but something like this i think i could really enjoy!!

Anyone making headbands and have pointers??

August 1st, 2012, 05:25 PM
Super Mommy
On buying: I usually go through and then let DH choose what's worth buying. Although I am getting more and more picky about what's worth it or not, even if it's cute.

As for headbands and clips...SUPER CUTE!!! And so not practical. They are going to be ripping them off and refusing to wer them by about 7 months until they are about 2 or 3 but I will be getting some. They are easy to make, it's just buying what you need and then deciding if the work with that is actually cheaper than buying them.

Etsy is full of cheap and cute hair accessories. I will be buying some and then also making some from scrap fabric and ribbon on hand.

I also found a tutorial on making tutu dresses and fabric tutu's. I will absolutely be doing this! I found this very awesome hanger that can be personalized with babies name and I plan to make a tutu dress (probably size 2T) and then hang it as decor on the hanger until she can wear it.

I always told DH he was lucky we had boys. I spend a lot on their clothes! I told he we would be broke with a little girl. Yep, now he knows. I'm doing good because vacations and savings are more important that one more headband but it's so fun to look!!!
August 1st, 2012, 06:38 PM
Ok! With all this talk about pumpkin pie, DH and I are headed to the store to see if we can find some.... Even if it's frozen and I have to heat it up.

I find I tend to crave food that we talk about during the day
lilemma86 likes this.

August 1st, 2012, 06:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I went and got a pumpkin chocolate chip bread... I'm so suggestible!! We need to start a thread about how yummy salad and broccoli are so I crave them!

Although I did have a salad for lunch.... I just can't get satisfied. I'm hungry constantly! It's a new thing for me and it worries me a bit!

As for the headbands, etc., I'm not planning on getting any, although my sister is sending me a huge bag of clothes and I know that she had a ton of headbands so maybe I'll get some from her. I've always kind of made fun of the giant flowers on the babies heads, but now I'm wondering if I'm going to be a total hypocrite when she gets here!
Punky.Brew likes this.

August 1st, 2012, 06:50 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
I think this will be unfair to Team Blue since there are so many more of us. But I'm in.

How was everyones day?
Anything new on baby front?

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart
August 1st, 2012, 06:58 PM
Totally found the pumpkin pie!!!! And it MINE..... ALL MINE!!!!! *insert evil laugh here*

I also picked up some Tapioca Pudding and Pretzel M&Ms..... Those I'm willing to share, but reserve the right to change my mind and HOG THEM ALL!!!!! *insert evil laugh*
burnbot likes this.

August 1st, 2012, 07:18 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie.S View Post
Anyone want to share a pic of their favorite item they've bought or received so far?

I dont have a real favorite but this one I love just because its a First Christmas outfit.

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart
August 1st, 2012, 10:24 PM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
I love pumpkin cheesecake...honestly ANY cheesecake. Cheesecake factory is the bomb! Love the red velvet cheesecake! Yum! Dh is going to go buy me some cheesecake now lol I save my requests for the good stuff lol.

I want that pumpkin cheesecake recipe. Is it really that easy? I don't cook much really but I do know how.
burnbot likes this.
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

August 2nd, 2012, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky.Brew View Post
Etsy is full of cheap and cute hair accessories. I will be buying some and then also making some from scrap fabric and ribbon on hand.

I also found a tutorial on making tutu dresses and fabric tutu's. I will absolutely be doing this!
Yep, I debated making some or just buying them on Etsy. I took a look and found some really cheap ones and realized it's probably just about the same amount when I consider going out and finding the material and making it, or just buy them. I found some adorable skinny glitter ones and bought them in 5 different colors! And I got some skinny bands with little flowers on them.

And I'm also planning on making a tutu for newborn pics! They're sooo cute!
Punky.Brew likes this.

{Our family blog}

August 2nd, 2012, 09:06 AM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A couple of years ago I made a pumpkin swirl cheesecake for Thanksgiving, and I ended up making a little dark chocolate turkey on wax paper, which I them sat "standing up" on top of the cheesecake. It was super easy (using a disposable ziploc bag with the end snipped), and a huge wow factor for the thanksgiving guests. I love simple yet easy desserts - and cheesecake is one of those that never fails to wow. My recipe calls for a gingersnap crust...which is SO worth the effort if you have a food processor.

I'm not a huge headband fan, but I DO like hats. Here's a pic of Marlowe at 6 months in a hand made bonnet that I bought on etsy. I just loved it. Particularly coupled with the dress that she was wearing, which was her grandmother's baby dress.
Gripstress, burnbot and mlc52811 like this.
August 2nd, 2012, 09:19 AM
Super Mommy
Maggie...too cute! I thought it was a doll at first! Precious.

I don't like the bows/flowers bigger then her head but things like this...swoon!
Shabby Chic Rosette HeadbandBaby Girl by AvryCoutureCreations
August 2nd, 2012, 09:26 AM
Maggie - that pic is absolutely adorable!

Yeah I'm also not a big fan of the huge flower on a crochet band ones, but I love the little shabby chic ones. They just look so sweet!

{Our family blog}

August 2nd, 2012, 09:35 AM
mlc52811's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I LOVE hats. There is a sweet little hat I want to get... It's so elfy and cute with a little point on top. Let me find it.

Baby Hat Girl Boy White Pixie Bonnet by OopsIKnitItAgain on Etsy

ahhh!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search