August Chat Wars - TEAM PINK!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree112Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 2nd, 2012, 09:37 AM
burnbot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love headbands too! But not the ones with HUGE flowers and stuff on them. I am making a few knit hats and crochet headbands. I found the patterns in a book my great grandmother gave me.
I am going to Wal-Mart on the hunt for cheesecake.....

August 2nd, 2012, 10:01 AM
lilemma86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
no headbands for me Maybe for a cute pic but not a wear out all the time thing

August 2nd, 2012, 10:37 AM
Miss Kelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
FYI I believe all Carter's stores are 40% off right now, I case someone wants to shop

August 2nd, 2012, 10:45 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
So what is everyone's thoughts on piercing baby girl's ears? Anyone planning on doing it while they're little?

We've decided to wait until she's old enough to ask and take care of them, but I think little babies with tiny earrings in are super cute!

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby Landon in Feb!

{Our family blog}

August 2nd, 2012, 10:55 AM
Super Mommy
I LOVE babies with ears pierced. I had mine done at about 2-3 months as did my sister.

I want to get it done sooner rather than later but I can only imagine the nightmare of care when they are babies plus, with how much babies grab their ears...not sure I want to deal with that.

I think we are going to wait until she's older but I may not wait until she asks. I guess it all depends.

BTW, my MIL has already told me "I call dibs on her first pair of earrings"! Ummm, what??? Who does that!? Obviously a grandma who only had grandsons.
August 2nd, 2012, 11:04 AM
bug, boo, n boogers mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think babies with ears pierced are so cute! I got my oldest's done when she was around 2 months or so! With Kenzie we are going to wait a little bit.

Sierra got hers done when she was about a year and a half.

Thank's to lovinMyGirls for my awsome name siggy!

August 2nd, 2012, 11:13 AM
mlc52811's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We'll probably get her ears pierced as a baby. I got mine pierced when I was a baby, and after witnessing the ear piercings of countless friends (and actually piercing some ears myself), I'd much rather get it over with before she'll remember what it's like haha
Gripstress likes this.

August 2nd, 2012, 12:02 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bug, boo, n boogers mom View Post
I think babies with ears pierced are so cute! I got my oldest's done when she was around 2 months or so! With Kenzie we are going to wait a little bit.

Sierra got hers done when she was about a year and a half.
Can I ask why you are going to wait? What's the reason, just so I know...I only have sons so I've never been through it.

Do you think 1.5 years is good age or even after that?

I also agree, get it done before they know/remember the pain. I got a second piercing at about 16 and holy hell! Yeah, I cried. All the boys in this house think I should wait for her to decide, blah, blah but I say "we decided on your cir'c so I'm deciding this"! To DH, he thinks waiting too but I tell him he got to decide to cir'c so I'm deciding this one.

Also, to momma's who have girls with pierced ears, where did you take them? Did you like the way they did it?

Last edited by Punky.Brew; August 2nd, 2012 at 12:05 PM.
August 2nd, 2012, 12:02 PM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
I had DD ears pierced when she was about 6 months old and the care was easy... she never pulled at her ear rings either... I plan to do the same with Sophia....
Punky.Brew likes this.

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

August 2nd, 2012, 12:15 PM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't get Marlowe's pierced, mostly because my mom let me choose when I wanted MINE done, and I got them pierced at about 5 years old of my own accord.

So, while I'm tempted to do it with baby girl #2 (Because I agree that they're so stinking cute) - I can just imagine Marlowe adding it to the list of things to discuss with her psychotherapist some day.

"My mom got my little sister's ears pierced when she was a baby...but I didn't get mine done until I was ___ years old. I don't think I'll ever get over the pain of having a little sister that could wear earrings before me." Or at least thats how it goes in my head.

Maggie, that hat is darling. Now you just need a baby to put it on!
Punky.Brew and mlc52811 like this.
August 2nd, 2012, 03:28 PM
bug, boo, n boogers mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky.Brew View Post
Can I ask why you are going to wait? What's the reason, just so I know...I only have sons so I've never been through it.

Do you think 1.5 years is good age or even after that?

I honestly don't know why we are going to wait. I guess I want her to be a little bit older so she can help take care of them. Plus it might be fun to go get them done together, I am always up for a piercing. I had a couple close up on me that I wouldn't mind getting re-done (in my ears)!

Thank's to lovinMyGirls for my awsome name siggy!

August 2nd, 2012, 04:01 PM
Veteran
I didn't get Kenzie's ears pierced and I kind of regret it. With the twins I think I'll get them done ASAP. For Xmas they are each gonna get a pair of diamond earrings, I tried to get Kenzie's done a month ago but she is not a people person and would not allow anyone near her so I guess we will be waiting longer to get hers done

August 2nd, 2012, 04:11 PM
KarenHaley's Avatar Veteran
I wanted to get Molly's ears pierced when she was a baby but I was so torn about it because I'm against the idea of putting holes/scars into someones body without their consent. I know getting your ears pierced doesn't seem like a big deal anymore, but that's what held me back. I have no problem with other people doing it! I just wanted her to agree to it and understand it first. Plus I think it will be such a fun thing to do with her once she is ready!

August 2nd, 2012, 05:13 PM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
OMG that pic is SO cute of Marlowe! Love the hat and dress and she is adorable!
MarlowesMum likes this.
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

August 2nd, 2012, 05:14 PM
burnbot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am definitely getting Zoey's ears peirced. DH and I have already talked about it and he is totally cool with it. I got mine done at a really young age and also went with my niece to get hers done. So cute!! I can't wait!
OT- I am currently making a cheesecake. I told DH "I want to get stuff to make a cheesecake.....mainly because I want to eat a cheesecake." lol mmm mmm
Gripstress likes this.

August 2nd, 2012, 07:10 PM
Miss Kelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love little girls and ear piercings!! And I love the diamond earring for Christmas idea a girl loves diamonds from a young age! Especially my LO

August 2nd, 2012, 08:09 PM
I got my oldest dd's ears done at just a few months old...no crying. Waited because I felt bad with #2. She was MISERABLE and terrified. With #3 I again did it early because it is SO much easier when they are young. She cried a tad but only because they kind of hold you down to keep you from moving. Only the pinch gets you so I may just pop in some earrings myself for this one while months old. The gun pinches but punching them in doesn't hurt at all if you use piercing earrings. Just makes a pop...have done it alot of times and on myself too.

Where is that pumpkin cheesecake recipe anyway?! lol I want it!
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

August 2nd, 2012, 08:21 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie.S View Post
So what is everyone's thoughts on piercing baby girl's ears? Anyone planning on doing it while they're little?

We've decided to wait until she's old enough to ask and take care of them, but I think little babies with tiny earrings in are super cute!
Wow that is yet another thing that didnt cross my mind.
I dont know, I guess depends on DH's thoughts on it. I would like to but then I'm afraid of her tugging on her ears and stuff like that.
Wait and see when the time comes I guess.

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart
August 2nd, 2012, 08:58 PM
Never have had issues with tugging at ears with any of mine.
August 2nd, 2012, 10:43 PM
I wonder if it's bugging the team blue/green moms that they can't reply to our thread. I spied on theirs and it's bugging me! lol I even thought about PMing a few people so I could reply but not add to their post count lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search