Kids say the darndest things....

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2012, 09:30 AM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
My daughter is going to give me a complex......Seriously... talk about kids saying the darndest things....

Monday night I received a blanket for Sophia in the mail. I have decided to sleep with the blanket hoping that my scent will soak into the fabric and help calm Sophia. (I did this w/Hannah) So Hannah takes Sophia's blanket and puts it on my belly as she says "A table cloth for your table." I laughed it off.

Last night this is the conversation between me and Hannah

Hannah: "How many weeks are you?"
Me:"21 weeks, almost 22."
Hannah: "Cause your huge!"

Again I try to let this roll off my back..... as my DH is standing there laughing....

Today DH and Hannah stop by work... as I go to give Hannah a goodbye kiss... she looks up and says..... "I loved you more when you were skinny." OUCH!!!! Then she chuckled as I went back to work.....

Its a good thing I love her.... I seriously had to remind myself that she is only 7 so I wouldn;t burst into tears....

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

Last edited by Wishinfor2ndblessing; August 1st, 2012 at 09:57 AM.
August 1st, 2012, 11:12 AM
IamVillanueva's Avatar Veteran
My 5 yr old is constantly making comments about my "big ole fat tummy and butt". She thinks it hysterical. I can't blame her though since I am also always commenting on my fat belly.

Yesterday I took my 8 yr old with me shopping for a bra. She's standing in the dressing room and says, very loudly, "Why are your nipples so huge?". I got a little annoyed :-)
DD#1 Isadora 8 yrs old
DD#2 Maya 5 yrs old
EDD 12/3/12
August 1st, 2012, 11:30 AM
Super Mommy
omg. gotta love that lack of filter when they are younger! I think she means she loved HUGGING you more because she could reach her arms all the way around you?

either way. it's probly not great to hear said to oneself. but in retrospect i'm sure you will laugh over it!
August 1st, 2012, 12:59 PM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Aww I can see how that would hurt your feelings, but I'm sure she has no idea she's doing it or knows that it's hurtful. Maybe if she does it again you could just mention something to her about how it makes you feel.

August 1st, 2012, 01:09 PM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
I don't think she meant to hurtful.... but I guess it really irked DH as well.... cause by the time I sent him a text message prob 45 mins later.... he mentioned that he had already talked to Hannah about saying means things... and then she called to apologize.....

I feel bad cause I didn't want her to get into trouble, but at the same time you have to respect Daddy's decision as well. I didn't realize that those comments affected DH the way that they did....

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

August 1st, 2012, 04:50 PM
crystalcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I deal with those type of comments all of the time especially with DS2 since he has no verbal filter at all. Sometimes I am scared to take them in public becuase they don't realize that what they are saying is hurtful they just are telling what seems to be the truth to them. DH has put on quite a bit of weight over the past few months and one of the boys said "I thought momma was supposed to be getting fat not you". I just about spit my tea out I was laughing so hard.

August 1st, 2012, 05:32 PM
Becky_78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wouldn't worry about her "being in trouble" - I think that's how kids learn how to filter! I remember saying something to my mother once around the same age about how "weird" she looked when she wore makeup (she's mostly bare faced) and she still talks about it now. Sigh.

I love you - and your belly!!

photo(5) by rebwend, on Flickr

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search