Holiday Shopping

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Belita
  • 3 Post By BlndGrl8

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2012, 12:41 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Anyone else thinking of starting this early this year?

I normally hate doing my shopping before Thanksgiving (I like to get through one holiday at a time) but this year I'm thinking it may be good to get it done before I have Sean. DH said that I could always just shop online because I may want something to do...Yeah, I really think that while recovering from giving birth and adjusting to having a newborn I'm going to be thinking "I'm so bored. I really wish I could think of something to do!"
tinx and MrsLucy like this.

August 1st, 2012, 12:49 PM
MomtoCarly&Sofia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I usually wait to do mine too, but I'm hoping to have it done early this time. Getting three kids ready and going shopping with them does not sound like fun, or even getting them ready and dropping the girls at my moms is just too much work.

On the other hand though, I might wait to doit because I know getting out of the house helps my mood after I have a baby.

So I guess I'm still undecided lol

August 1st, 2012, 01:02 PM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
Since I'm due at the beginning of Nov, I'll probably get mine all done after W gets here. I'll go when the girls are in school, since I'll be out of the house anyways. My problem is that I can't figure out what to get for them, lol!

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

August 1st, 2012, 01:28 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is it stupid to buy and wrap a gift for baby?

otherwise i have only the boyfriend to buy for and he will probably want something digital. which i guess i should be thankful for it makes my life easier. either way I dont guess there's really much of a reason for me to start early.

August 1st, 2012, 02:02 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm just getting things off my registry that we need but didn't get for Sean for his first Christmas. He's going to be a month old, so I figure that'd be good for him. I'll probably also get a few toys that he can use later on since he'll go so long between Christmas and his first birthday.

August 1st, 2012, 02:29 PM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
I'm definitely thinking of doing some early holiday shopping. Usually we flip flop Christmas day between families. Last year we did it at my side, so this year it should be with his. Though...since we're having the baby and its my parents first grand baby I'm not sure what we'll decide. All that being said. I think there will be enough to worry about come the months prior that we'll probably end up shopping sooner. For financial sake and peace of mind.
August 1st, 2012, 02:32 PM
Veteran
Dr said he will take Autumn at 38 weeks. That puts me 6 days before Thanksgiving. Im a HUGE Black Friday shopper. Ummm not this year! I have my budget set until Jan. Im just going to do Christmas shopping like 3 days before Christmas. The paycheck before that I will do some but not much. We need to many other things before then. New tires on my van. New tires on the truck. 5 Dressers and 2 TV's. Then all of Autumns stuff. For Christmas she is getting a crib. She wont be doing much of anything being 5 weeks old.

August 1st, 2012, 02:54 PM
BlndGrl8's Avatar Kaitlin & Cameron's Mommy
I am!! I am buying and wrapping everything by October. I know how hard it is having a new baby and trying to get Christmas done. Kaitlin was born Dec 4th and I'm SO glad I had bought some presents before hand because I didn't even leave the house for a bit.

I already have a lot of things for Kaitlin's 3rd b-day and Christmas presents for our family in the Amazon shopping cart! I have to be organized this year. Oh and I'm already planning out our Christmas menu and meals to make and freeze in October!!!
BabyLove23, Belita and MrsLucy like this.
August 1st, 2012, 03:04 PM
Pixie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think I'll be doing a lot of online shopping this year. I usually love to do the whole Black Friday thing, but I guess that is out this year except for the deals I can manage to snag online..

August 1st, 2012, 03:33 PM
rhill4455's Avatar Mom to 3 girls and a boy!
Send a message via AIM to rhill4455 Send a message via Yahoo to rhill4455
I've started!! I figure with 4 kids its going to get expensive. Although we don't plan to get much for baby girl this year. I have only bought a few things for the kids for Christmas. I need to shop for little mans birthday first (October). Then I will focus more on Christmas.

August 1st, 2012, 03:45 PM
BabyLove23's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've started as well! Actually I started when everything went on clearence last season. I love spreading out the shopping over time, and the goal is to be done before Thanksgiving. I enjoy the holidays much more this way. It's less stressful!

Thank you peimum for my siggie!!!
August 1st, 2012, 04:07 PM
mrs.wagner.10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I start at the beginning of the year and slit it up. Now I wasn't pregnant or even thinking about a baby the beginning of this year but all the family and stuff is done so we will start on Cole's here pretty soon. Honestly Ill probably go crazy with this being his first Christmas and what not.

7 lbs 7 oz 21" 11/4/12 2:11 pmThank you Kiliki for my amazing Siggy!!!
August 1st, 2012, 05:04 PM
MrsLucy's Avatar Super Mommy
Yes good idea, ill probably be shopping online soon.

August 1st, 2012, 05:52 PM
Super Mommy
Lol I hadn't thought of it yet but it is a great idea! I have a few weeks off before my due date so think I will get it at least started.
August 1st, 2012, 06:15 PM
turtlefly's Avatar Veteran
the only person ill be shopping for is lily so im in no hurry to get it done this year

August 1st, 2012, 06:53 PM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
I'll probably do a lot of Black Friday online shopping. If I'm feeling up to it, I may venture out to. DH and I like going out in the afternoon after all the craziness has died down.

August 1st, 2012, 07:04 PM
MelNYC's Avatar Melissa
Can't even THINK about the holidays! Will do online. But I also do all the holiday shopping for my boss so will need to deal with that before my maternity leave...
August 1st, 2012, 09:34 PM
BlndGrl8's Avatar Kaitlin & Cameron's Mommy
Oh and whenever I'm out and see something I know someone will like, I buy it. That way it's not so overwhelming to buy everything at once. I already have things in our cabinet for Christmas!
August 1st, 2012, 10:06 PM
3kids3cats's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I get most of my shopping done long before Black Friday. I don't go shopping on Black Friday...that day is for spending time with my family & putting up the tree!
I usually start Christmas shopping in August.
My girls are each allowed to ask Santa for 3 items. It makes them really think about what they want. They think about their lists all year! I already know what they want...now I just get the things when I see them.

August 1st, 2012, 10:27 PM
meddleman's Avatar Loving my girls!!!!
Yes I am going to try to get everything bought before the twins get here. Going holiday shopping with two newborns and a 2 year old while Nora is in school does NOT sound like a good time. I made each child a board on pinterest and have started gathering ideas...I am buying for the babies as well, but probably things they will need a few mos after Christmas bc they won't need things besides the basics as newborns

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search