Teen Mom watchers

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2012, 08:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I know there are a couple of you on here from previous posts

So....did anyone watch the episode from last night. HOL-EE Crap!! The last couple episodes had been kind of boring, except for Farrah being a total spoiled a-hole to her mom. This episode was to much. Seeing Catelynn's mom talking about being beat up and watching Ty tear up while reading a message from his Dad about loving cocaine more than his family had me bawling. Next week they go to his arraignment and April is in there crying....to much

Amber needs some serious help. She is SOOO drugged up. At that rehab place she barely kept her eyes open! I think Gary is super controlling but her calling him a fat *** was pretty hard core. That girl has some issues and my heart breaks for that little girl of theirs.

Daffney

August 1st, 2012, 09:00 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
Yah we watched it. Totaly train wreck like usual. We missed the last few since we lost MTV channel for a few weeks wit Direct TV.
Pretty sure Caitlyn's mom was too drunk to know what happen and is making stuff up. The bruises on her arms dont match up for him grabbing her face to face but as she was walking past. And that holes in the wall. Someone kicked it, her head would have made a bigger hole and farther off the floor.

I hate Farrah. She is such a spoiled brat, she's just like her mom and the little girl is already turning into a mini her. I feel so bad for Farrah's dad, how he lives with those two I'll never know.

Amber needs more help than I think she will ever find. She just cant get past her anger issues. And yah she is still totally drugged up on something.

Macey is the only one that seems somewhat normal.

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart
August 1st, 2012, 09:51 PM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
I've been to rehab and so has my husband. It's been for pills and, for him, drinking also. We have serious medical issues and got addicted/dependant on the meds. I happen to know that most people look JACKED up in rehab because of the stuff they give you to come off of the other stuff. It usually looks even worse because there is a tolerance to the abused drug and none to the stuff they give you.

That said, she SUCKS! Can't stand Amber...she's just plain mean. Her temper is gross and she is one hell of a mother.

Farrah is a terrible brat and her mom is unreal. Is Michael her real dad? Why is she calling him that? I haven't watched this show before this season....

Caitlyn is very sweet and I love her and Tyler...those two poor kids have not had it easy and are doing the best of all of them. I make it a point not to analyze abuse too much because it's hard to know what exactly happened but there is no excuse for touching another person. She got the bruises somewhere and dad's now in jail and has a long history of abuse...sooo....

Bentley's mom(can't remember name right now) is ok...not too bad. She's obviously still hung up on the ex, Ryan, which is sad because Kyle is obviously a great guy.
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

August 2nd, 2012, 04:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know they gave Amber a ton of stuff to get off whatever she was one, but it was still hard to watch. I actually felt really really bad for her watching those episodes because her life is just such a mess. IF it's bad enough that you are wanting to kill yourself, it's pretty bad and I don't wish that for anyone no matter how much I don't like you. Just when I thought *maybe* she was starting to come around she hauled off at the table and called Gary a fat ***. For no reason, it was one of the few times he was being civil. Even her cousin was like WTH??? LOL.

I admire Catelynn and Tyler a lot. They have made some really hard hard but mature choices and it amazes me how together they are all things considered and I'd really like to see them "make it".

I'm glad someone else sees how hung up Maci is on Ryan! I am CONVINCED that she is still totally in love with him and just doesn't want to admit because Ryan won't have anything to do with her. Kyle really is a great guy and off the show I've been following them make up/break up. Obviously her kid adores him.

Daffney

August 2nd, 2012, 05:03 AM
Oh God yes...you could tell Maci was into him BAD especially when they went to the beach. Well, before that too but obviously then too. Her son loves all three of them...poor kid. Ryan is a jerk. What's with him trying to get custody? She obviously hurts when not with the baby and he doesn't. And Ryan's mom? Why is she encouraging him to do it? Guess he does no wrong in her eyes...

I too would really like to see Caitlyn and Tyler make it...they are just cute and supportive and strong! So mature for what they have been up against.

I feel bad for Amber but she has it coming alot! I understand that addiction and mental health issues make things darn-near impossible to handle well but what is she thinking?! She goes and gets help then calls him names and doesn't go into out-patient care. You can't just leave constant care into NO care. It RARELY works. She's got anger issues and no support. Leaves the place to go back to all of her daily issues and no help at all? Not going to cut it.

Again, Farrah is just plain rude. Spoiled brat. Says she's independant and wants to raise her kid then meets a guy and 5 mins later is asking mother to take baby for a month and is introducing him to the baby! Whatever.
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

August 2nd, 2012, 05:34 AM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
I have never seen another human being who seems to get as angry as Amber does SO quickly. She literally is unable to talk to Gary without going off on him. WHY he wants anything to do with someone who treats him like that, and WHY she thinks she loves him and they should be together is waayyyyy beyond me.

Farrah is spoiled, for sure, but I also have an overbaring mother and I am sure I talk to her like that more than I realize. If I had to watch myself back I would probably feel bad about it, but I always say the same thing Farrah says... my mom DRIVES me to it. Oh - and she calls her dad (he is her read dad) Michael because her sister has a different dad, so they both call him Michael so that neither of them feels favoritism/left out for having one dad living with them and the other not.

I really like Caitlyn and Ty too. I think they'll be together forever.

As for Maci - I LOVE her and Kyle together. I don't see her hung up on Ryan. I think she was more in love with his family than with him. I'm very happy her and Kyle are back together now Also - buying a house for $70 000? Must be nice! We live in a crap hole compared to that and paid double the price!!!
August 2nd, 2012, 05:37 AM
anna.rose's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I quit watching it. It's so darn unrealistic and those girls all annoy me in one way or another. I just google their names occasionally to keep posted on the latest news. I was an addict to the show, but I gave up. There's no hope for the train wrecks and the ones who are doing decently seem to be overly spoiled and live an unrealistic life of a young mother.

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
August 2nd, 2012, 04:22 PM
JessMomto2boys's Avatar Veteran
I watch it every week!

I can't stand Amber...she needs major help! The way she treats Gary is WRONG! Even after rehab, she is still the same. :/

Farrah annoys me. I hate that she is so mean to her Mom. I wonder how this new guy will work out for her...

Love Maci, she is a great Mom. I love Kyle, too! Does anybody know if they are still together?? I know these were tapped a little while ago. Since buying the house, I was curious how it is all working out these days.

I feel really bad for Caitlyn Mom...and Caitlyn and Tyler for always having to parent those two!!

I have to admit that I will miss these girls after this season. I have been following them since the beginning!
August 2nd, 2012, 05:11 PM
I understand that Farrah's mom is crazy and overbearing but she can't even control herself on tape? It's not like the cameras are always there... I also have a crap mom but geez. I just don't think she is paying for everything she has and it's coming from somewhere(her parents!). I think her mom is NUTS, a B___, mean, etc but then why send her kid over there for a month?! If she's so bad wouldn't you keep your kid away as much as possible? She's just selfish.

Thanks for the clarification about Michael

I totally get you on the 70K house...here in CA it would buy you a hut on a square of land. lol
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

August 2nd, 2012, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gripstress View Post
I understand that Farrah's mom is crazy and overbearing but she can't even control herself on tape? It's not like the cameras are always there... I also have a crap mom but geez. I just don't think she is paying for everything she has and it's coming from somewhere(her parents!). I think her mom is NUTS, a B___, mean, etc but then why send her kid over there for a month?! If she's so bad wouldn't you keep your kid away as much as possible? She's just selfish.

Thanks for the clarification about Michael

I totally get you on the 70K house...here in CA it would buy you a hut on a square of land. lol

Oh and why is she going to Texas for a whole month?? That's a long time...especially when you have a daughter and responsibilities.

I also live in Cali!
August 2nd, 2012, 06:15 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
I watch the train wreck as well. I am absolutely disgusted by the pathetic carseat misuse from every single one of them in every single episode, even Caitlyn with her little brother. I like Maci enough. Amber has scary temper issues that make me worry for her little girl. I totally get how Farrah treats her mom so I can't say a word about that. It is hard because people don't understand why anyone would treat their parent in that way but it is extremely well earned in a lot of cases. I know the whole "respect your elders" thing is supposed to go but unfortunately, regardless of age, not everyone deserves your respect. I also thought it was sorta weird how Tyler basically said he would leave Caitlyn if she didn't go to college. I get it in a way but man that seems like not so much unconditional love there.

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
August 2nd, 2012, 06:31 PM
Where in SoCal are you? I'm in the San Joaquin Valley between Fresno & Bakersfield. I meant to ask in your intro thread

I don't think Tyler would have actually left her...think he just said that to say how serious he was about her going. They both gave up their baby to have better lives and their parents both "go down with the ship" when the other fails so I think it makes him nervous. He doesn't want to be co-dependant and sick like their parents. I think he is even said he was too hard on her about it.

Farrah is leaving for a whole month to go with some guy she BARELY met to Texas. She's so lame.

Not sure about the carseats because I haven't seen alot of it but most people do use them wrong...ugh! Laziness to the extreme. I always worry about that when I leave my kids with family...my sister once drove one of my daughters "just a couple of miles" without a seat when she was 2 because she didn't have a seat there. Too bad! I told her unless she is going to the hospital in an ambulance, the kid stays in a carseat!

I get the yelling at parents thing...my parents suck and I have been known to give them hell. Not all elders deserve respect and I think it can be a dangerous thing to instill that into your kids. I was molested all growing up and elders are NOT always right. I just think that if they are so bad, why leave your kid with them and why accept all of their money for boob jobs and a lavish life? Earn it yourself and stay away from the jerks. She's teaching her child terrible values. If they have money, it's okay to be treated badly? Nope.

As for Amber...ugh. She won't keep that baby long if she doesn't get over this bad behavior. God help them when the cameras aren't there to record the bad stuff. Gary is a jerk in my opinion. Still, she needs to control herself or leave. Duh!
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

August 2nd, 2012, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Where in SoCal are you? I'm in the San Joaquin Valley between Fresno & Bakersfield. I meant to ask in your intro thread

I don't think Tyler would have actually left her...think he just said that to say how serious he was about her going. They both gave up their baby to have better lives and their parents both "go down with the ship" when the other fails so I think it makes him nervous. He doesn't want to be co-dependant and sick like their parents. I think he is even said he was too hard on her about it.

Farrah is leaving for a whole month to go with some guy she BARELY met to Texas. She's so lame.

Not sure about the carseats because I haven't seen alot of it but most people do use them wrong...ugh! Laziness to the extreme. I always worry about that when I leave my kids with family...my sister once drove one of my daughters "just a couple of miles" without a seat when she was 2 because she didn't have a seat there. Too bad! I told her unless she is going to the hospital in an ambulance, the kid stays in a carseat!

I get the yelling at parents thing...my parents suck and I have been known to give them hell. Not all elders deserve respect and I think it can be a dangerous thing to instill that into your kids. I was molested all growing up and elders are NOT always right. I just think that if they are so bad, why leave your kid with them and why accept all of their money for boob jobs and a lavish life? Earn it yourself and stay away from the jerks. She's teaching her child terrible values. If they have money, it's okay to be treated badly? Nope.

As for Amber...ugh. She won't keep that baby long if she doesn't get over this bad behavior. God help them when the cameras aren't there to record the bad stuff. Gary is a jerk in my opinion. Still, she needs to control herself or leave. Duh!
I actually don't know where the San Joaquin Valley is in comparison to me, lol. I live in the San Bernardino mountains....below Big Bear...in a small town called Forest Falls.
August 2nd, 2012, 06:56 PM
Nobody does lol...Here we just say "the valley" but people from LA area think it's that valley. It's the biggest valley in CA...closer to Central CA but still considered SoCal. Do you know Fresno or Bakersfield? I'm just off the 99 between those. I'm not familiar with your local but I do know San Bernadino, some.
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

August 2nd, 2012, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Nobody does lol...Here we just say "the valley" but people from LA area think it's that valley. It's the biggest valley in CA...closer to Central CA but still considered SoCal. Do you know Fresno or Bakersfield? I'm just off the 99 between those. I'm not familiar with your local but I do know San Bernadino, some.
LOL! I have heard of it...mainly because my husband's name is Joaquin, lol. Wow, you are almost northern Cali, lol.
August 2nd, 2012, 07:15 PM
Nooo...It takes forever to get to OR from here! Way more time than to Mexico. But we are pretty far up there. I think I'm about 3-4 hours north of you

I like your dh's name, btw
August 2nd, 2012, 07:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
See, I really DON'T get talking to anyone the way Farrah talks to her mom. As everyone knows, as of recently I severed my relationship with my mom and she might actually BE a psychotic satanic b****, but I would never say it like that. Trying to convince me that your mom is all these awful things while you act like a spoiled a-hole is stupid. I mean, did you see the way she treated her dad when he helped her move? Like an ungrateful brat. I feel like more than the others, she has her head on straight by making school a priority and such but otherwise, she's ridiculous.

In a lot of ways, I feel bad for Amber. Yes, the way she interacts with Gary is ridiculous. And watching her lose her temper as easy as she does is crazy. But I kind of think a lot of that is Gary knowing exactly how to push her buttons. That whole deal where she wanted to come by and say good night and he hemmed and hawwed over it, lording it over her head, is just someone being very controlling. There are lots if instances where he does that and he threatens to take Leah from her ALL the time and I've been through that and it really does make you crazy. I'm not saying she should have custody or anything, she clearly has substance abuse and anger issues, but I guess I kind of cut her a break where Gary is concerned because I think he provokes it a lot.

Even though Catelynn and Tyler did the right thing I think, it was really Tyler that pushed it. And a couple seasons ago, he was the one that really struggled and now I think she is starting to deal with a lot of it. He shouldn't threatan her like that though, if she goes to college because she feels like she has to, she will fail out, it has to be something she wants to do.

I read this article about Maci and her partying the other day. I think the producers choose how they want the audience to percieve each girl and show footage accordingly. I think she is a good mom and I like her and Kyle, but there is a wild side to her that hey don't show on TV. Or maybe she is smart enough not to do that crap when they are filming!! The preschool thing is ridiculous. I don't know why Ryan is fighting that. When his mom asked if that meant he was going to "get more time" because he was giving up his time for him to go to preschool I wanted to throttle her. That's just a stupid thing to say.
Gripstress likes this.

Daffney

August 2nd, 2012, 07:41 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
I honestly don't think that anyone not in the same kind of bad relationship Farrah has with her mother could understand it. Lots of people have crappy relationships with their mothers for millions of reasons but my mother and i have the same uncaring snarky relationship that Farrah and her mother have where you always have a cold standoffish wall up and rudeness abounds. It isn't something that everyone could understand but it comes about for a reason and some of the stuff that has been published about her mother makes it abundantly clear that the mother puts on this pathetic fake act and tries to act nice and her little stint of hitting Farrah in the mouth and all that is more like the real way she acts than her cutesy grandma act. I don't know about her and her dad as that has always been sorta weird from the first episode but they must have some deep seated issues that go back as well to have them act so cold towards each other most of the time. Eh who knows. It is all basically just seeing what MTV wants you to see or how they want to portray a certain girl on there. They cover up anything bad about Caitlyn and Tyler so that it looks better and play up anything bad they can about Amber (who provides ample material hehe) and they try to make Maci look better by smoothing some of the stuff out as well. I totally take a lot of the Gary comments differently as I think he feels guilty for keeping Leah away and trying to be the adult in the situation when Amber wants to come wake her up and upset her after her bedtime. He seems to hem and haws about all that because she honestly doesn't seem to get how to be a good parent and putting that before her wants. I don't think Gary is great in a lot of it either but you would be darn sure I would continually threaten to take away my kid from the other parent if they acted like she does to try to get them to straighten out.

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
August 2nd, 2012, 07:49 PM
I totally get what you mean about Ryan's mom..ugh! She only sees her son's side and he can be a big turd. lol If they were together he would TOTALLY have the kid in preschool but apart, everything is a fight and cause to take custody...nuts!

I think Gary is a jerk too. He obviously wants her to fail and if she doesn't get away from him, she will likely do just that.

I can see what you mean about how Farrah talks to her parents. I get mad at my parents but not like that. It is particularly bad when they under-value what happened to me when I was young. I have never been THAT bad or even close. She is just a spoiled brat and was SO mean to Michael when moving...what was that?!

As for Tyler, I don't think he meant it. I think we just say stuff sometimes and he did that and said he was too hard on her soon after. I think Caitlyn is dealing with it right now...she seems like it's been hard. I feel so bad for people that give up babies but I really admire it. It's a hard but generous thing. Can't imagine it!

I'm sure Maci does party...I haven't read up on any of them but they are all so young and being on MTV too. She's a loving mom at any rate.

Had to add that Farrah's mom's voice when she talks to that kid is unbearable! Ugh!
August 2nd, 2012, 07:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was a single mom at 21 and thank god there weren't camera's following me everywhere. LOL. When my son wasn't with me, I partied like a rock star. And I feel like I'm a pretty good mom. It's just amazing how much they can manipulate the way an audience percieves a person based on editing!

Daffney

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search