Clarification!!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree30Likes

Closed Topic Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2012, 11:10 PM
SarahxSyanide's Avatar Super Mommy
This is so people will not create a separate post on facebook and call me out to make me look like a fool. I didn't appreciate it and I was dragged into a debate and ridicule from people. I didn't want to hear it, and if you have a question, then ask me in a message. Don't make a whole post dedicated to it on facebook.

My EDD is November 4th. My ticker is set to October 31st. Nov is a ballpark as is Oct 31st. I am planning a c-section on October 31st. Now you all know. Now you can stop talking about it on facebook. I'm very upset about what happened, and I considered leaving the group.

This is a SUPPORT group, not a call out, make someone look like an ***, group.
Jamyandcrew likes this.
~Genevieve Violet Born October 31st at 10:42pm 10lbs 1oz 22inches.~
Breastfeeding for 5 months!
]
August 2nd, 2012, 12:11 AM
newserenity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry that happened. I have no idea because I am not a part of/ do not get on the facebook group. So, people are getting their undies in a bunch over a couple days...
SarahxSyanide likes this.

August 2nd, 2012, 12:26 AM
Super Mommy
Drama llamas... Ugh. Just ignore them, sweets.
Rosalie Octavia, born on October 22nd and 9:35am, 7 pounds 2 ounces, 19 inches.
August 2nd, 2012, 08:50 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't really read the Facebook group much and didn't see this discussion you're talking about. I'm not going to get involved in that but you are far from the only one who is not expected to give birth in November that posts in this DDC. You're more than welcome to stay with us.
britster and SarahxSyanide like this.

August 2nd, 2012, 09:04 AM
mollymalone's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My due date has been changed, or at least I've been told different dates, more than once. The fact of the matter is, our little ones are gonna come when they're ready or when a c-section is scheduled. The date on our tickers is merely an estimate anyway.

Sorry you're getting crap over yours.

August 2nd, 2012, 09:06 AM
Jannell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I missed the post but I'm sorry you are feeling crappy about what happened. I hope you stick with us!
August 2nd, 2012, 09:32 AM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Hmmm.... I missed this too, but maybe this should be discussed in PMs?

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]
forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
August 2nd, 2012, 09:56 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RootBudSkyTree View Post
Hmmm.... I missed this too, but maybe this should be discussed in PMs?
Normally I'd agree, but from what I've heard it sounds appropriate in this case.

August 2nd, 2012, 10:02 AM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I missed the fb drama too.... but who cares when your ticker is set to? I have mine set to the 31st of Oct I think. (based on 1st ultrasound), but based on lmp i'm nov 2nd and based on 2nd US i'm nov 1st. And I'm likely to be induced mid Oct...haha

glad you didn't leave the group

August 2nd, 2012, 10:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I completely agree- our EDD's are just that, estimates! I'm happy you decided to stay.

I for one am due based on LMP on 11/17, based on u/s on 11/22, but will likely have baby girl in late Sept., so who knows when our babies will come. Try not to let it bother you

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

August 2nd, 2012, 10:20 AM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belita

Normally I'd agree, but from what I've heard it sounds appropriate in this case.
I was just suggesting this so that drama is not carried over here from FB, especially since this is only really between a few people. This DDC has stayed pretty drama free and I'm hoping it stays that way

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]
forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
August 2nd, 2012, 10:30 AM
meddleman's Avatar Loving my girls!!!!
I also have thought about changing my ticker, bc my due date is 11/28 but the latest I will have my babies is 11/14. So yes if I did change it by two weeks, it would be true that I'm not technically 25 weeks pg vs 23 weeks, but my days left countdown would be correct which is what I like to see anyway
August 2nd, 2012, 10:49 AM
SarahxSyanide's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by fancypants27 View Post
I missed the fb drama too.... but who cares when your ticker is set to? I have mine set to the 31st of Oct I think. (based on 1st ultrasound), but based on lmp i'm nov 2nd and based on 2nd US i'm nov 1st. And I'm likely to be induced mid Oct...haha

glad you didn't leave the group
THAT'S THE SAME SITUATION I'M IN!!! My ticker is off by 3 whole days. Apparently that's enough to start a huge debate over
~Genevieve Violet Born October 31st at 10:42pm 10lbs 1oz 22inches.~
Breastfeeding for 5 months!
]
August 2nd, 2012, 11:54 AM
Kaniscooo's Avatar Super Mommy
My due date has been changed so many times... I started off Nov. 3 when I joined this group. Then a month or so later it changed to Oct 28th. Now, my new Dr. is saying Oct. 21 but we've agreed to just keep my due date set at the 28th because all a due date is, is a guesstimation. I have no idea what this FB drama was about either because I don't go there.

There are other women here though who joined due in Nov. but are now due in December? I really don't see how it matters. What's a few days?

August 2nd, 2012, 11:56 AM
Pixie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I saw the discussion on FB only after your comments were deleted, but I got the jist of what was being said. The whole debate was silly and it really shouldn't have even been brought up. Why should it matter that your ticker is a bit off?

August 2nd, 2012, 12:44 PM
DenaMarie24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Based on my lmp, my due date is Nov 4. BUT I ovulate early, my cycles are 22 days, and baby has always measured 8-10 days bigger. The high risk doctor changed my date to Oct. 28, and since my 3 year old was almost 10lbs at 38 weeks--they had to break his arm to get him out. If the ob changed my dates with him, we would have been more prepared for his size. With that said, my ticker reflects my Oct 28 dd, not Nov. 4.

August 2nd, 2012, 12:51 PM
kristiemarie518's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Due dates are changed all the time throughout pregnancy. They are estimates. Why people are even worried about someone else's none the less, is beyond me.

Post where you want. No one here wishes you'd post somewhere else.

August 2nd, 2012, 12:52 PM
mrs.wagner.10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahxSyanide View Post
This is so people will not create a separate post on facebook and call me out to make me look like a fool. I didn't appreciate it and I was dragged into a debate and ridicule from people. I didn't want to hear it, and if you have a question, then ask me in a message. Don't make a whole post dedicated to it on facebook.

My EDD is November 4th. My ticker is set to October 31st. Nov is a ballpark as is Oct 31st. I am planning a c-section on October 31st. Now you all know. Now you can stop talking about it on facebook. I'm very upset about what happened, and I considered leaving the group.

This is a SUPPORT group, not a call out, make someone look like an ***, group.
I think people are thinking way to far into this. I am not the one who started it so I am not speaking for that person. I think she was just confused as to why you are due on the fourth but had your ticker set early. We are all pregnant we all have hormones and I understand you felt like she was "attacking". I honestly DO NOT think that was the case. I know I dont PM people on fb if they are not online due to not knowing if posts and what not go to peoples phones and with everyone being in different time zones I am affraid of it waking them up. I know it angers me when my phone goes off all hours of the night by my own friends who pm and know I am sleeping. I really dont think she was making you out to be a ***.

7 lbs 7 oz 21" 11/4/12 2:11 pmThank you Kiliki for my amazing Siggy!!!
August 2nd, 2012, 01:20 PM
BlndGrl8's Avatar Kaitlin & Cameron's Mommy
Sometimes I can't remember how many weeks along I am, let alone remember when everyone else is due, lol!!
BabyLove23 and SarahxSyanide like this.
August 2nd, 2012, 01:21 PM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
oh my jezus... this is freaking ridiculous seriously lol.. yes, "lol"

your making this out to be like you were victimized in a freaking crime..

to make this clear so people don't assumed she was victimized in this big ol' gang attack

i asked on FB why her ticker said she was 1 week ahead of me, yet her due date is Nov 4th, mine is the 7th... it was NOT A BIG DEAL... the only drama llama im seeing here is the one taking it as though she was victimized in a freaking gang attack. like who really give a chiz about someone asking an innocent question. well besides the obvious here.

my ticker is on the date that i chose based on when i ovulated.. my OB has Nov 12th, though its literally IMPOSSIBLE for it to be that.. if someone asked me about it, i wouldnt even think as such that they were trying to attack me, but just curious..

lack of benefit of the doubt much here????

freaking in-SANE

i didnt realize it was soooo private to PM someone about their ticker, like... w.t.f, really lol... i posted on FB because i was already on FB.. i didnt realize that we were seperating FB from JM, to me its one in the same, we are the same group, same people.. one is just easier for others.

asking about your ticker was not a private question.. if it was, you were MORE THAN welcome to PM me your answer if it was THAT serious of a question.. obviously it wasnt

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search