Stuffed Jalapenos

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 2nd, 2012, 07:51 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
This is one of my favorite snacks and I'm making it this afternoon so thought I would share. If you cook them good, they actually aren't "that" hot, but if you don't like hot things, I probably would stay away from this!

P.s. I skip the red onions, yuck. And I do prefer the red jalapenos, but can't find those in the store so I just use green when I'm not growing them myself. Didn't grow them this year. I also use hot or spicy Italian sausage and grill them instead of putting them in the oven.

Stuffed Jalapenos

• 15 jalapenos, preferably red, cut in 1/2, seeded and deveined
• 1 tablespoon canola oil
• 2 pounds mild Italian sausage, casings removed
• 1/4 cup minced red onion
• 1/4 cup minced red bell pepper
• 3 tablespoons minced garlic
• 2 cups mascarpone or cream cheese
• 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
• Salt and pepper
• 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and set a rack in the middle of the oven.
Place jalapenos on a sheet tray and roast for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool. Turn broiler on medium.
Heat the oil in a medium saute pan. Add the sausage and cook for 5 to 7 minutes. Add the onions, peppers, and garlic and cook to soften for about 5 minutes. Remove and place in a large bowl. Cool to room temperature, then add mascarpone, and Parmesan. Mix ingredients thoroughly and season with salt and pepper.
Place approximately 1 tablespoon of mixture into each jalapeno half, and top with 1/2 teaspoon of mozzarella cheese.
Place the sheet tray of stuffed peppers in oven and broil until mozzarella cheese melts.

August 2nd, 2012, 01:11 PM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
They sound good. I may have to make these.

September 5th, 2012, 02:33 PM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
I was going to make these tonight but our grocery was out of jalapeños. So, I trying it with green peppers. Using the same recipe but making stuffed peppers. Hope it turns out.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search