If you could..?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By ~Tanya~
  • 1 Post By GiaTortilla
  • 1 Post By Leanne78
  • 1 Post By clm817

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 2nd, 2012, 10:02 AM
SarahxSyanide's Avatar Super Mommy
Would you go ALL out on your nursery? I have seen some over the top nursery rooms! I'm very jealous, but it all seems so expensive!
~Genevieve Violet Born October 31st at 10:42pm 10lbs 1oz 22inches.~
Breastfeeding for 5 months!
]
August 2nd, 2012, 10:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't think I would... I would rather wait until they are a bit older and their personality is & give them a nicer space later.

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

August 2nd, 2012, 10:19 AM
GiaTortilla's Avatar FTM to a princess
I would love to, but I'm not rich, and I'm currently looking for a new place with my boyfriend, so it'd be a huge waste lol. I'm really hoping that I find a place before baby is here, because I'd like to set up somewhat of a proper nursery for her. I was going to paint my wall, because baby and I are sharing the room, but I don't plan on being at my house more than I have to and should probably save the nursery stuff for when we have an actual nursery

Although I admit I'd like to set up a nursery like how Tiffani Thiessen has hers her's is beautiful!
SarahxSyanide likes this.

Gia - young mommy to a beautiful princess and wife to one amazing man.
6.24.10/9.24.12./5.25.13 we're married!
August 2nd, 2012, 10:34 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
If I had money to burn, I think it would be fun, but that's not the case here! I had a friend who really went all out and even had this cute little chandelier in the middle of the room (however you spell that). It was a GORGEOUS nursery. I actually decorate the nursery more for myself because I know I'm going to be spending a lot of time in there and want it to be what I find soothing and appealing. When the girls get older, then we'll switch things up more.

August 2nd, 2012, 10:44 AM
Pixie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If money were no object, then yes I would. It is frivolous, but that's what the "money is no object" is about lol.

I saw the most gorgeous nursery furniture at flea market/antique mall type place when I was visiting family. It was painted pink with beautiful scroll work on it and included a round crib with a pink mosquito net and matching chandelier. The bedding was also custom made for the crib and came with it. But it was major $$$$$$$$$$ and I would have had no way to bring it all home anyway. But that is the kind of stuff I would have if I could afford it.

August 2nd, 2012, 10:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Heck yea! This is actually the first baby I can do a 'nursery' for (even though it will be shared with her sister) so I'm excited to be able to decorate anything!!

August 2nd, 2012, 11:19 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with Tanya. I'd rather save the money for when they are old enough to share their opinion and go all out making it exactly what Sean wants.

However, if I could go all out on a playroom versus a nursery I'd spend tons on the playroom!

August 2nd, 2012, 02:14 PM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know. Maybe. If I were stinking rich my whole apartment would be gorgeous so I guess the nursery would have to "match" and be equally beautiful. But I agree that at first it's more for the parents than for the baby.

August 2nd, 2012, 02:39 PM
Veteran
I don't think I would for a nursery. I would want to wait until the child is old enough to make some decisions. Since I will be moving so much in the next few years, I am not even worrying about it. I think someone mentioned going all out for a playroom. Now that is something I would do right now if I could. I would love to have an awesome, decked out playroom for my kids.

August 2nd, 2012, 05:51 PM
meddleman's Avatar Loving my girls!!!!
It depends on what you mean by "all out"

I do a lot of decorating but a lot of it is done by me and I look for deals, etc. I don't think you have to go broke doing a lot of decorating. I love etsy for cute (affordable) art prints/wall decals, secondhand/antique stores for decorations, etc.

I just got the girls a chandelier for their room that is crystals and super cute and it was only $40 at IKEA
August 2nd, 2012, 06:36 PM
SarahxSyanide's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm subscribed to a weekly e-mail on pregnancy related things. This week happened to be 14 nursery ideas. I saw this one room where they had a castle crib!
~Genevieve Violet Born October 31st at 10:42pm 10lbs 1oz 22inches.~
Breastfeeding for 5 months!
]
August 2nd, 2012, 06:41 PM
3kids3cats's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Like Magda, I love to decorate, but I also look for deals.
My girls have beautiful rooms because that is important to me.
One thing that I think is important, is that I choose classic looks for their rooms that last for years (no characters).
Angelina's room has been the same for about 5 years now and it's gorgeous. She still loves it, but I'm sure as she gets into the pre-teen years she will probably not want pink walls anymore and we will change her bedding, but her furniture is classic pieces that will take her through to graduation.

August 2nd, 2012, 06:51 PM
meddleman's Avatar Loving my girls!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kids3cats View Post
Like Magda, I love to decorate, but I also look for deals.
My girls have beautiful rooms because that is important to me.
One thing that I think is important, is that I choose classic looks for their rooms that last for years (no characters).
Angelina's room has been the same for about 5 years now and it's gorgeous. She still loves it, but I'm sure as she gets into the pre-teen years she will probably not want pink walls anymore and we will change her bedding, but her furniture is classic pieces that will take her through to graduation.
Ditto. We just redid Nora's room into a room the girls are sharing, and all the furniture was bought with the mindset of it lasting them 10+ years. We may have spent more up front, but it will be worth it in the end.

I also avoid characters ( I have a huge dislike of anything Winnie the Pooh) and I try not to make the nursery too "babyish" so I don't have to change anything when it turns into a toddler room. Had the twins not come along the girls rooms would have stayed the way they were for a while!
http://lifethroughmycameralens.blogs...-room.html?m=1
http://lifethroughmycameralens.blogs...-room.html?m=1

Last edited by meddleman; August 2nd, 2012 at 06:57 PM.
August 2nd, 2012, 07:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not really into the over the top nursery. We use ours for sleeping and changing diapers, and that's about it so I don't see the need to go all out. Maybe when the boys are older and spending more time in there we'll let them do something fun and cool in there.

August 2nd, 2012, 07:34 PM
*Izzy's*Mommy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would if I could! I have a board dedicated to Izzy's room ideas on Pinterest. Lots of cool pictures on this board I made.

For Izzy's room

Also one for babies...

http://pinterest.com/shannybanany/babies/

Last edited by *Izzy's*Mommy*; August 2nd, 2012 at 07:37 PM.
August 2nd, 2012, 07:59 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
well first id have to get a room to decorate as a nursery lol

I would defiantly enjoy getting some nice stuff with quality designs maybe theme it up a little I would absolutely love to have a story time wall but the truly over the top stuff like the diamond pacie's and 20k cribs......"f bombs no"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search