Maternity photographer chosen

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 2nd, 2012, 08:36 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
SO I've chosen a Maternity and Newborn photographer. And have a date set
She is a friend of a friend and someone I know.
She charges $100/hr and then gives you the CD with all the pictures for you to print. But also does professional printing with a company at a discounted rate if I'd rather do that.
But I think Walgreens Photo does a real nice job printing and they are like $.30 a pic or less.

For newborn pictures she comes to the house a week after LO is born. At that time she is also going to do some Family pictures since I want half and half.

Dec 8th is when my Maternity pictures are scheduled for but if I want to do them sooner I can call to change it.
DH is dreading them since he hates pictures but he said he'd do them because I want them.

Now I have to figure out ideas of what I want and where I'd like to do them. Then I have to figure out what I want the three of us wearing. Oh so many decisions but I'm soooooo excited.

Any suggestions I will totally love to hear.

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart
August 3rd, 2012, 06:43 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Exciting! I just scheduled mine last week, too. I'd definitely go the route of printing your own, much cheaper. That's what I'm going to do. And for pic ideas, definitely check out pinterest! There's tons of cute ideas. I've started collecting both maternity and newborn pic ideas on there.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby Landon in Feb!

{Our family blog}

August 3rd, 2012, 08:06 AM
BrooklynBump's Avatar neurotic newbie
I'm having them done in Nov.

Do you ladies know what you are going to wear? I have no clue!

August 3rd, 2012, 07:29 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie.S View Post
Exciting! I just scheduled mine last week, too. I'd definitely go the route of printing your own, much cheaper. That's what I'm going to do. And for pic ideas, definitely check out pinterest! There's tons of cute ideas. I've started collecting both maternity and newborn pic ideas on there.
What date do you have yours set for? Where are you going to do them?
I'm not sure where to do mine. Hoping pictures I find will give me ideas.
I dont know anything about pinterest. What is it, how do I do it? Hate to sound totally stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynBump View Post
I'm having them done in Nov.

Do you ladies know what you are going to wear? I have no clue!
No but I started thinking. I guess it will depend on what I have for winter clothes then. I thought I might do jeans with either my leather black knee high boots, or my black knee high Bear Paw boots that look knitted. A shirt I might look when it gets closer and buy a real cute shirt that I find for good price.

I have started keeping an eye out for cute outfits for newborn pictures. Today I found a very cute pink corduroy dress/jumper and a white long sleeve onesie to go under it. Got those for $4.50.
I'm so excited thinking newborn and family pictures well be able to do with our Christmas tree in the background.

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart
August 4th, 2012, 08:15 AM
burnbot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been talking to DH about this but he thinks we should wait till closer to time. i guess we will see....he's paying so I can't schedule without his ok.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search