Too big, too small or just right?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Kaniscooo
  • 4 Post By MoonMom
  • 1 Post By Hopolka

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 3rd, 2012, 11:17 AM
Super Mommy
Lately I have been getting uninvited opinions from people on my body size/shape compared to how far along I am. They are mildly annoying at times (don't care whatbothers think)but the weird thing is that people seem to have totally different opinions on me. People who actually know my usual size all agree belly is big but rest hasn't changed much which makes it more amusing for me when acquantances or strangers start weighing in on my size as too big or barely showing. The inlaws said barely showing which is insane as I am very obviously pregnant and showing. Some strangers have said I look like 8 months along!

I think some people use pregnancy as an excuse to passively aggressively insult size. I know my belly was no where near this size so for people to say it has barely changed is like saying I always looked this way.

Last edited by Antrim; August 3rd, 2012 at 11:19 AM.
August 3rd, 2012, 11:23 AM
Veteran
I hear ya. I have one idiot co-worker who keeps telling me I should really be watching my weight and that I've already gained more than I should have for the entire pregnancy. I almost choked her.
August 3rd, 2012, 11:23 AM
Kaniscooo's Avatar Super Mommy
I knowww what you mean! I get told I'm barely showing all the time. This is from the day I found out (5 weeks) to now (27 weeks) There's definitely a HUGE difference there. I guess it depends on what you wear too... because if I'm wearing something baggy I think I just look a lot fatter, lol. When people say that I wish I could whip this out and be like, nooo look! I'm definitely showing!

SarahxSyanide likes this.

August 3rd, 2012, 11:42 AM
*Izzy's*Mommy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think my belly is bigger than it was with my daughter, but that's prob just because this is baby #2.

This is my belly at 28 weeks with Izzy. I guess maybe my abs were tighter.

August 3rd, 2012, 12:21 PM
mollymalone's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a cashier at Walmart, who I barely know as an acquaintance, tell me that I looked "Absolutely miserable" and was shocked when I told her I was only 6 months!

August 3rd, 2012, 12:27 PM
SarahxSyanide's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antrim View Post
I think some people use pregnancy as an excuse to passively aggressively insult size. .
I agree completely!
People suck a whole bunch. I like when people are just plain nice and compliment you. Even if they are complete strangers! That makes me feel good It also makes me feel good when complete strangers can tell, and they don't think I'm just fat.

You should just start telling strangers or people you don't see often, that you're not pregnant and they should leave there comments to themselves! that will get them going!! hahaha
~Genevieve Violet Born October 31st at 10:42pm 10lbs 1oz 22inches.~
Breastfeeding for 5 months!
]
August 3rd, 2012, 12:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ha! I always get 'the face' when people ask me when I'm due. The shocked 'omg I feel so bad for you because I thought you were going to say tomorrow' look. Yea I've dealt with it with this and my last one. I don't really care though because I know I got big fast.

August 3rd, 2012, 01:04 PM
MoonMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
you can definitely tell with the lead-in question, what kind of reaction you're going to get. If someone looks at me sympathetically and asks when I'm due, I ALWAYS lie and either say something vague like "this fall" or else flat out give a date only a month or so away. Otherwise you get the "are you SURE you're not having twins???" comments, which strictly merit a punch in the taco.

baby Roger @ 7 months

August 3rd, 2012, 01:38 PM
Jannell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've only had one stranger ask me if I was pregnant. I don't know if that is good or bad. I do see people looking at me like, "Um is she pregnant or showing off her fat?"
August 3rd, 2012, 01:47 PM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
I'm getting the "Are you sure there is only one in there" comments this time around

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

August 3rd, 2012, 05:09 PM
rachkel's Avatar Super Mommy
My mom is being passive aggressive about my size. But she keeps trying to make me think I'm bigger than I am, which is annoying. When we first went shopping for maternity jeans, she guilted me into buying a size bigger stating that I'd get SO much bigger. So when my gramma noticed the jeans and capris just hanging on me, she insisted on buying me my correct size. When my mom found out about this, she was livid and even snapped "Have you seen those jeans on her?!". I went and put on my correct size, and she looked pissed that they fit perfectly. She's such a special lady...

Oh, and my roommate saw me for the first time in a couple months today and asked me, with that tone, when I was due. I told him November and he had a look. He's lucky I didn't smack him with the mood I'm in today.

Visit my blog! Lots of health and fitness insights... including pregnancy!

www.HealthFitnessLove.wordpress.com

August 3rd, 2012, 05:14 PM
Country928's Avatar Marisa
I havent really have anyone comment yet. I know its coming, my belly seems to getting bigger everyday. With Zoe you couldnt tell I was pregnant. Ive always been a big girl, but i def have a baby bump.
August 3rd, 2012, 05:48 PM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
Yeah I noticed since I've started showing everyone thinks they are entitled to pass judgment. At the pool yesterday my PG SIL and myself got approached by a woman who was having her third child and was 15 weeks along. She attested that she thought we were both relatively small for how far along we were. Umm...I think my SIL looks HUGE compared to me! But whateves.

And my mom thinks I look pretty large but I think she's used to seeing me with nothing. I'd like to think mines "just right" or on the "small" side.

In all honesty. I think we need to just disregard them all lol. I'm sure you look just fine! *hugs*
britster likes this.
August 3rd, 2012, 05:55 PM
Glycerin19's Avatar Mindful Mama
I'm surprised at how many people get comments from strangers. That's never happened to me in four pregnancies. I can't remember a comment from friends or acquaintances that was rude either. This time I've gotten a lot of comments about being smaller than last time. I expect that's because I started out a lot smaller than last time I was pregnant.

Mom to Norah (12/5/2012), Stella (5), Elly (7), and Nick (12)

August 3rd, 2012, 07:11 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
well tonight is the first time iv really had a comment well from an adult at lest. apparently all my neighbors know im pregnant IDK if its that obvious or our walls are just that thin lol. but she still didnt coment on my size which is probably a good thing considering how iv been feeling lately.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search