Unexpected Dr appt

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 3rd, 2012, 12:59 PM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
My appointment was scheduled for next weds but I called in to the office today because of yellow discharge and vaginal pain, so they wanted to see me today. I have a yeast infection, ugh, she was able to see that right away. It's weird because I haven't been having itching, burning and the discharge isn't what I expect yeast infection discharge to look like. She took a culture because she said there may be other bacteria on top of that, that will be back Monday. For now, I have a cream to use for three days. My cervix was long and closed. She did a vaginal ultrasound and said that my cervix was slightly open inside (near the baby), but nothing to worry about, cervix is measuring 3.2. The baby's big ole head was down. My uterus is measuring 25 weeks. Baby's heartrate was 160. Everything (except for the infection) was great. I got my glucose drink for my next appt at 28 weeks.
August 3rd, 2012, 01:07 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a yeast infection earlier in this pregnancy and it felt completely different than any other yeast infection I've ever had. I didn't have any unusual discharge, but I had vaginal pain so bad that I couldn't sit down.

Glad you figured it out and I hope the medication helps and brings some relief quickly!

August 3rd, 2012, 01:09 PM
rhill4455's Avatar Mom to 3 girls and a boy!
Send a message via AIM to rhill4455 Send a message via Yahoo to rhill4455
Sorry you have a yeast infection. Glad everything else checked out ok!

August 3rd, 2012, 01:13 PM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
Thanks! Yeah, I only had a yeast infection once before and it felt nothing like this. I hope the med helps, now I won't be able to swim(in the pool) on our mini beach vacation this weekend.
August 3rd, 2012, 01:46 PM
Almondeyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Almondeyes
Glad eveything went well minus the yeast infection. I had on in June and it return back at the end of June, more medicine and they took a sample yesterday to make sure it's gone. I also didn't feel anything at all. No pain, burning, itching or discharge. I really hope it doesn't come back, I hate the cream I have to stick up my va-jay-jay gross.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search