sleeping arrangments

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 3rd, 2012, 09:02 PM
Veteran
For our baby we were thinking of maybe buying a decent pack and play and having him sleep in that for a little while before we buy a crib, just because cribs are more expensive and what not and we are a little tight on money, but i wanted to get some ideas if its safe and ok for the babies health because if not then def will get a crib, but if theres no harm in him sleeping in a pack and play for a little while, that way he can be in our room as well, (and im pretty sure i just dont feel very comfortable co sleeping, perhaps that will change getting up in the middle of the night, but as of now thats not really an option i feel safe doing)

Thank You Peimum for my beautiful siggy (:

August 3rd, 2012, 09:28 PM
Mollyjayne's Avatar Super Mommy
We are using a Pack n Play too. I wanted the new born napped station, but my btdt friends say just a pack n play with a bassinet will be fine. I'm also getting a rock and play cradle for the first weeks.
August 4th, 2012, 01:29 AM
Almondeyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Almondeyes
I'm also using the pack n play with the newborn napping and changing station.
This is the one I am getting:

Graco Pack 'N Play Travel Play Yard with Newborn Napper Station Deluxe - Faith - Graco - Babies "R" Us

August 4th, 2012, 06:03 AM
rhill4455's Avatar Mom to 3 girls and a boy!
Send a message via AIM to rhill4455 Send a message via Yahoo to rhill4455
We always use the pack and play with baby. My babies usually start sleeping through the night some time around the 2-3 month mark. That is when we move them into thier own room and have them sleep in the crib. Hopefully this baby will also start sleeping through the night early like her brother and sisters.

August 4th, 2012, 06:51 AM
BlndGrl8's Avatar Kaitlin & Cameron's Mommy
We have this and used the bassinet part for about 6 months until Kaitlin reached the 15 lb weight limit. I loved having her in our room!!! Most of me was scared to have her in her room by herself and It was reassuring for me to just look over at her and watch her breathe. Plus with nursing it's so convenient to have them right next to the bed rather than walk down the hall multiple times per night.
Once she outgrew the bassinet part, it turned into a regular pack n play that was perfect to put her in once she was mobile and I didn't want her getting into something while I was cleaning.
We will be using this same set up for Cameron and I'm so glad we have it!! Summer Infant Sleepy Safari Playard
August 4th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Veteran
Thanks i think i def b going with a pack n play the first couple months

Thank You Peimum for my beautiful siggy (:

August 4th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Nicole1481's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
baby will sleep with me. Im going to buy a baby hammock for naps and when I need to take a shower. I was thinking of buying a pack and play, but I dont think Ill even need that for the first few months.

August 4th, 2012, 09:53 AM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Rock N Play or with us for the first 6 months

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
August 4th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
We had a crib, but I ended up taking it down (long story) and just using the pack and play. Akadia still sleeps in her pack and play. When she got older, we cut up our old 6" memory foam bed topper and made her a mattress to go in her pack and play. I would never let her sleep in it now without some padding because those cardboard inserts are sooo hard. Even as a baby, I had a cushy blanket wrapped around the board that she slept on so she had a little padding. I can't think why it wouldn't be safe. The sides are usually mesh so even if they push up against it with their face, they will not suffocate. I would get one with the bassinet option though. That is so much more convenient at first.

August 4th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Veteran
I used a pack n play with a bassinet the first few months until she started sleeping long stretches then she went in her crib in her room. This time around I will be using the crib, but I will be sleeping in the baby's room with her. I will have a pack n play for my downstairs for naps or a safe place to lay her.

August 4th, 2012, 02:44 PM
meddleman's Avatar Loving my girls!!!!
I never owned a pack and play, but my girls didn't sleep in their cribs until they were 3 months old. We had a moses basket and rocking stand and they slept next to our bed for the first 3 mos. The twins will be in our room for the same amount of time, but we did get them a crib to share bc it would be less room than 2 moses baskets or 2 pack n plays.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search