Anyone else FAR from ready?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 4th, 2012, 12:48 AM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Right now the nursery has:
  • a fairly clean and organized desk & a bookshelf with work books
  • boxes of my sister's old stuff she left with us when she moved/got married on the floor
  • my sister's leftover wedding decorations
  • a convertible couch/bed (staying instead of a rocking chair, it will be nice for nursing or even spending the night in her room if she's sick
  • piles of unsorted, unwashed baby clothes on the couch: I still don't know if my collection has any "gaps" that will need to be filled (I've tried to get stuff from 0-12 months pretty equally but who knows)
  • a crib that isn't put together yet and I need to buy a mattress for it

I don't have bottles, diapers (I do have a few cloth ones from when my brother was a baby but that's it), nursing stuff, a baby bath, a changing table, a stroller, a carseat, a bouncer or pratically anything.
Starting to freak out about it!
Also, the closet is full of craft items and board games and office supplies.

August 4th, 2012, 01:01 AM
rachkel's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh my goodness... we are no where near ready! I have some clothing, mainly some onesies that range from newborn to 24 months. A crib and a mattress that are sitting in their boxes. Our travel system, and a play yard/play pen/whatever you wanna call it.

My shower is in about 5 weeks, and I'm hoping to get the majority of the necessities there... bottles, baby bath, ect. But, I think that when my husband gets home, we'll be doing a lot of prepping and shopping. I don't estimate that we'll be ready until probably around 36-37 weeks. Especially if he starts working again right away. Thats cutting it a lot closer than I am comfortable with, but we don't have much of an option unfortunately.

Visit my blog! Lots of health and fitness insights... including pregnancy!

www.HealthFitnessLove.wordpress.com

August 4th, 2012, 02:04 AM
Almondeyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Almondeyes
You have me beat girls. I have her coming home outfit and a few gowns and some rattles. Her nursery still looks the same, our lounge/dh's office. The closet has dh's clothes. We are starting her room next month (omg that is so exciting to say finally), I pretty much have all the furniture picked out and I'm just hoping its in stock when we finally buy them. I know the paint colors, wainscoting, trim work and window decor. Now just have to wait to toll DH starts on it.

August 4th, 2012, 02:47 AM
GiaTortilla's Avatar FTM to a princess
I'm really lacking in the nursery and I know I need to get on it, just waiting for my shower to organize everything and see what we have and still need. And I'm still waiting for my stroller too, so I feel you on that one :/

Gia - young mommy to a beautiful princess and wife to one amazing man.
6.24.10/9.24.12./5.25.13 we're married!
August 4th, 2012, 06:34 AM
Country928's Avatar Marisa
I only have a few onsies. Nothing else.
August 4th, 2012, 07:56 AM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a pair of boots that cant even be worn for the first few months.

everyone wins lol.

August 4th, 2012, 08:19 AM
mollymalone's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My "nursery" is still full of boxes of school supplies from my teaching days, puppet building material, and random boxes of "stuff".

In the corner is shoved some nursery wall art, a basket, a walker my cousin gave me, and a little wooden heirloom chair that Ellie will inherit.

Downstairs, I have a pack and play in the corner of the living room (another thing my cousin gave me) that is half full of baby clothes, one pack of diapers, and a baby tub.

That's it.

August 4th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Veteran
I dont have anything except a few clothes, other then that, im just starting now, thinking im going to buy things as time goes along so im not buying everything at once, i still feel we have plenty of time,.

Thank You Peimum for my beautiful siggy (:

August 4th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Think4Yourself's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nowhere near ready here either!! :/. A friend of mine is sending me tons of clothes and diapers, but hasn't gotten back to me about it yet so I'm not sure when.. hopefully sometime this month. Then this month we are getting his build-a-bear and a changing table.

We have the pnp from when we had DS and I checked last night and it does still have the top bassinet part (whew!). Next month I'm buying a sling and starting to get everything together in the room, and then in beginning of OCT I think we will have the carseat. I don't want to get everything all at once and then have nowhere to put it as he is rooming with us in our room for a while like ds did.

I'm getting antsy though! I know the nesting will get so much worse but I am starting to feel it already. Last night we went through caleb's old stuff (not much- gave most of it away) and got all the 6m and under stuff out and put in drawers, and checked the pnp and stuff. I am tempted to organize the room already but I think dh will kill me lol because he has to move our gigantic bed

August 4th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't have a whole lot either. I'm working on organizing the entire house for my nesting needs so far. All I have left is the basement (which I should be able to finish this weekend) and the closet in the nursery. DH is finishing up painting the nursery this weekend so I'll be able to work on that closet later this week.

Our travel system arrived yesterday as a shower gift from DH's grandmother. I can't wait until my shower because we should hopefully get a lot of stuff we need from that and then also know what we still need to get. I'll be 32 weeks when we have my shower and I'm hoping to be ready for him by 35/36 weeks. :bitenails:

August 4th, 2012, 10:55 AM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
We have everything leftover from Eli, but nothing organized or "ready". However, I'm beyond ready for him to be here!

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]
forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
August 4th, 2012, 02:44 PM
BlndGrl8's Avatar Kaitlin & Cameron's Mommy
We aren't ready because we are wanting to move!! We have 3 bedrooms now and we could make it work, but DH wants an office, so we would need 4 rooms. We are thinking of adding onto our house or moving!! So nothing is set up for the baby because we don't know where we are going to be.
We have tons of clothes for him already and we have all of the big things like the pack-n-play with bassinet (sleeping for the first 6 months or so) crib, stroller, swing, bouncy seat. We just need to get him bedding which won't be used right away, a bath tub, wash cloths, and some other things. The biggest thing is just setting up the nursery once we are either moved or have added onto our house!!
August 4th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Cocoa Sashimi's Avatar Usually Lurking
We have everything from DS1, but much of is in Space Bags which are in storage bins in our sub-basement. Like Kelli, there's a whole lot of sorting and washing that needs to occur along with the following:
  • Assemble crib (DH plans to do that today)
  • Buy new mattress
  • Paint animals on the nursery wall (not a priority)
  • Move DS1's dresser into the nursery (because it matches the crib) and buy him one that matches his bed
  • Sort and wash the stored clothing and other items in storage
  • Make sure my pump still works

August 5th, 2012, 05:29 AM
~l~
This past week, I have been nesting on overdrive.... Reading this makes me stressed out for you ladies!
August 5th, 2012, 03:03 PM
newserenity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We just "cleaned" out the nursery (former office) about a week and a half ago. I still have several things in there on the floor that need to be relocated. Carpet needs to be cleaned and I need to paint the room.

So far we have all the furniture for the room (just got the dresser on sale yesterday) but, needs to be assembled and we need a crib mattress, changing pad, and all the linens.

Other things we have are 0-3 month clothes, car seat and stroller and two bases. We still need 3-6 month clothes, baby bathtub, a swing, baby carrier (I want a Beco), and a pack-n-play.

August 5th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
The nursery is still my "store all" room. I have boxes, upon boxes of stuff and then all the clean laundry that I never had time to told and put away is in there... As for purchases, I have two preemie outfits, one newborn outfit & a stroller toy.

I'm sure it'll get done eventually...

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

August 6th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Alaska Baby14's Avatar Gonna be a family of 4!
This thread just made me feel a whole heck of a lot better!!!! I had a little melt down yesterday about not having anything yet!! I literally have a couple outfits, one blanket, and a nursery decoration and thats it! I have no clue where and when to start. Should I start a registry and see what I get before I go buy things?! Or buy things and keep receipts in case I get doubles?! DF will hopefully be home in a month or so and then I hope to get started! But for now, I feel like a sitting duck!

<3
August 6th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jess, I'm waiting until after the shower. That way I don't have to hassle with return policies. it's so hard because I want to shop!!

August 6th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
I do have my crib up and a few clothes hanging in the closet. Along with a baby bath I got from a friend but otherwise I don't have anything either. I was freaking out about it but knowing that my shower is coming up in the next month I'm hoping I'll be reassured with lots of goodies from it. That sounds kind of selfish but thats what showers are for right?! Anyway, I'm sorry your upset. I'd totally take one project at a time and maybe recruit a few friends to help clean out spaces or reorganize. My mom always tells me to delegate...then I wont be so stressed. I'm beginning to take her advice lol
August 7th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have a swing, bouncer and playmat all from DD & DS....

The crib is currently being used as a toddler bed.. need to get DS a new bed..... I have a car seat and a few clothes.. but thats it.. better get cracking!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search