2012 Chinese New Year Zodiac

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Almondeyes
  • 3 Post By Cocoa Sashimi

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 4th, 2012, 08:02 AM
Almondeyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Almondeyes
I was looking at my chinese menu and the zodiac symbols were there and I just started reading it.
I though I'd share the info. Our babies wil be water dragons. I hope they like there bath times.

2012 IS THE CHINESE YEAR OF THE DRAGON

According to the Chinese Zodiac calendar, on January 22, 2012 the Year of the Rabbit will end at midnight, giving way for the Year of the Dragon which will run from January 23, 2012 to February 9, 2013.
Persons born within these date ranges are said to be born in the "Year of the Dragon, and since the Dragon is said to be a deliverer of good fortune and a master of authority, those people born in Dragon years are to be honored and respected. The dragon is one of the 12-year cycle of animals which appear in the Chinese zodiac related to the Chinese calendar, and it is the only animal that is termed 'legendary'. The Year of the Dragon is associated with the earthly branch symbol. The Dragon is the fifth sign in the Chinese Horoscope and signifies luck.

WHAT DOES THE 2012 YEAR OF THE DRAGON HAVE IN STORE?
EXPECT A WILD YEAR, although it is a 'water dragon', and water has a calming effect on the Dragon's fearless temperament. Interestingly, 2012 is also the year that Nostradamus predicted the world would come to an end.

Did you know? In Chinese astrology the dragon is the only animal of the Chinese zodiac year that is not real.

Past Year Of The Dragon: 2000, 1988, 1976, 1964, 1952, 1940, 1928, 1916
fancypants27 and Nicole1481 like this.

August 4th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Super Mommy
Nice! I like that they will Dragons! Hopefully the water will calm his Irish temper if he inherits that from me!
August 4th, 2012, 08:30 AM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
2012 babies are supposed to be special, according to Chinese Astrology. I'll have to find the info. Sucks though because I am year of the dog and we are supposed to be mortal enemies, plus our star signs don't match up either...sigh...

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

August 4th, 2012, 11:59 AM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Cool! I'm a dragon too

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
August 4th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Jannell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Intersting. I'll have to see what Isabella, DH and I are.
August 4th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Cocoa Sashimi's Avatar Usually Lurking
Hmm...this may be a sign for our son's middle name. My Asian mother gave me a list of middle names, and one of them means dragon.

August 4th, 2012, 02:13 PM
3kids3cats's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep, I'm a dragon too! We are supposed to be the luckiest of all the signs.
Both of my girls and DH all have signs that are supposed to be very compatible, as will this baby (both year and sun signs).
I have no idea if there is really much truth to the whole astrology thing, but we are all very compatible for sure! Well except DH can be a pain in the tush!

When we TTC Lorelai, we actually tried for only one month (and luckily it worked) because I wanted a Cancer baby like me. LOL

I thought Baby Dragons would have been a cool board theme! (Especially if you like Game of Thrones) But I didn't think of that until after voting.

August 4th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Country928's Avatar Marisa
I am a tiger and my DD is a rooster. Hoping this little boy of mine will love water.
August 4th, 2012, 11:53 PM
*Izzy's*Mommy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was born in the year of the dog, Chris is a rooster and Izzy's a Tiger. Both of my parents are Dragons. Can't wait for a dragon baby!

August 6th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Alaska Baby14's Avatar Gonna be a family of 4!
Oh that makes me so happy! lol I love dragons, I already have a dragon tattoo on my arm, so its rather fitting

<3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search