So relieved!!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 4th, 2012, 03:24 PM
GiaTortilla's Avatar FTM to a princess
From the ball and chain that is my iron foot! I got my cast taken off!!!

Basically on 4th of July, while camping with my SO's family, I was walking up a mountain and didn't see the hole coming up so I ended up falling in the ditch and landing on my foot the wrong way. It was a clean break though, so it wasn't "that" bad but it still hurt.

It feels so good, yet extremely weird! I was a bit worried when they took it off, the instrument they use is frightening lol. And when they took it off, my foot looked awful :/ it was red and actually a bit skinnier than my other leg like most have said that happens. I can't really lift my leg yet, it feels heavy still and when I do lift it, I can only lift it about an inch or two. I still have to use my crutches but in time after doing my leg exercises, I can hopefully be back on my two feet!

My fourth of July fiasco reminders are over! I can now hopefully get back to organizing all of baby's things and most importantly i'll be able to enjoy my shower/birthday a bit more comfortably!

My boyfriend's been teasing all afternoon because he says I'm acting like I'm in the Olympics. When I left the hospital I kind of was rambling on how I wanted to go swimming, sky diving, and do cart wheels, you know stuff I couldn't do for a whole month

I'm honestly happy it's off though, the heat has been horrible with it on. Not yet but soon, I'll shall be mobile again! It's healed up nicely so I'm glad it was able to come off right after a month and not have to wait any longer.

Immobile no more!

I'd show a picture, but I don't think anyone wants to see a disfigured leg

^ that was it though. With the pregnancy, it made my foot swell up even more, so that's why my foot looks extremely huge. Ugh, free at last, free at last lol.

Gia - young mommy to a beautiful princess and wife to one amazing man.
6.24.10/9.24.12./5.25.13 we're married!
August 4th, 2012, 03:28 PM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
YAY!!! Although I would lay off the cartwheels for a while I broke my foot a few years ago and tried to go roller skating 6 months later and my foot was still super weak

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

August 4th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Country928's Avatar Marisa
Yay, At least it is off. Itll take some time before youll be able to something.
But at least its off and your foot is free.
August 4th, 2012, 03:58 PM
GiaTortilla's Avatar FTM to a princess
Yeah I figured it'd take a while until I'm back to myself completely, but it's a step further than before

I'll try best to lay off the cartwheels

Gia - young mommy to a beautiful princess and wife to one amazing man.
6.24.10/9.24.12./5.25.13 we're married!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search