Anyone's LO still not rolling yet?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Shadeauxe

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 4th, 2012, 05:52 PM
ElizabethS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Brayden hates tummy time and the only way I can remotely get him to cooperate is to put him on me belly to belly and he will push up and look at me. But he's not rolling or even attempting to roll yet. He will be 4 months old on the 20th. Just wondering if anyones LO has no interest in doing this yet! I can't remember how old my other three were when they started rolling over but I'm pretty sure it was around 3-4 months.

Momma to Alex (2005), Cadence, (2008), Ethan (2010), Brayden (2012), and Adrianna Elise due September 19th 2014

Stepmom to two (2006, and 2009).

August 4th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Brittney06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lane doesn't do to much of it yet either and he is over 4 months. He only has rolled from his back to his belly on his own one time. As far as belly to back he refuses! He absolutely hates tummy time, he will not even lay on me to do tummy time. He has an umbilical hernia so I wonder if this bothers him when he does tummy time. I have made point to try and do tummy time every day and he spends the whole time screaming! I have decided he will roll when he is ready it is really not uncommon for them not to be rolling yet.
August 4th, 2012, 09:39 PM
shanirah's Avatar Mommy Strawberry
Amelia will do belly to back, only cause she hates tummy time. She won't do back to belly!

“First things first, but not necessarily in that order.” The Doctor

August 5th, 2012, 12:37 AM
missm0011's Avatar Super Mommy
Vivienne was rolling tummy to back for a while but then she got a little on the chunky side and gets stuck a lot now. She goes about 75% over each way and then gets stuck. She'll figure it out one of these days.

August 5th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Super Mommy
Ethan just turned 4 mos on the 3rd and he isn't rolling yet. He also despises tummy time. I started using the boppy pillow to prop him up on his belly on his playmat and he seems to like that better than being flat on his belly. But, he still will only last about 5 mins on his belly before he starts crying. Don't worry, your LO will figure it all out on his own time.

~Non-Hodgkins Lymphma Survivor since 2005~

Our Miracle Baby at 11 weeks 4 days....a thumb sucker already?
August 5th, 2012, 06:06 PM
Veteran
Mine hasn't either...

Well she did start about a little over a month ago - then figured out that oh mommy and daddy will carry me if I cry so let me rock & cry...

Then she started trying back to front and would cry on that too - I had to tell DH to please stop picking her up (he's freaked out she might hit her head on the side of the crib or something... )

I figure - if she starts talking - we're doing something right...haha
August 6th, 2012, 04:20 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
We aren't there 100%. It's just random if she decides to try or not. She is a day younger than your son.
August 6th, 2012, 06:13 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wouldn't worry yet because rolling from back to tummy doesn't start until around 4-5 months.

=May '05 and '11

August 6th, 2012, 06:34 AM
Clutch's Avatar First Timer
Nope, not yet here! She's 18 weeks. We have tummy time, and she pushes herself up really good. She just can't roll yet. Not too concerned though -- she'll roll when she's ready.
August 6th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Mischesbaby
Not yet, she also hates tummy time but she loves to sit and stand up. Also, she moves alot in her crib always ends up side ways in the morning.
August 8th, 2012, 06:49 PM
#5 = the "Newbie"
Not yet for Nathan either and he is about 3 1/2 months.

Barbara 38
Bill 40
Lexi 17
Jeremy 12
Dylan 9
Nathan born April 23, 2012
August 8th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
Nope, he did once at 5 weeks and 7 weeks but hasn't since. I think he's too chubby because he tries..

August 9th, 2012, 04:32 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
She rolled over 4-5x yesterday. It was a total shock. If I lay her on her side, she instantly rolls to her stomach.
shanirah likes this.
August 9th, 2012, 07:39 AM
JenJen3574's Avatar Super Mommy
Clara just started rolling (both ways) the last few days and she will be 4 mos. on the 12th. We have to give her a head start on rolling front to back though by proping her on her elbows a bit - then she rolls right over. I think she only rolls back to front accidentally as she doesn't really like being on her tummy much either. It usually happens when she is reaching to the side for a toy and then she accidentally flips all the way over to her tummy.
Once a decade, right?

August 9th, 2012, 08:26 PM
allicyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Both babies are rolling both ways, and have been for about a month (they are almost 5 months). In fact, they are rolling around the entire living room now Thankfully they aren't quite pushing themselves up yet, so I don't think they'll be crawling any time soon. My other three were army crawling at 5.5-6 months. SO not ready for that!

thank you jaidynsmum!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search