Who else is nesting on overdrive?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By turtlefly

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 5th, 2012, 04:48 AM
~l~
I have been running myself ragged for the past two weeks because I am nesting like crazy and I can't seem to stop myself. I have been painting, organizing, buying things, etc, etc, etc. I just want to have everything in my house finished before her arrival and I am afraid I will run out of time.
August 5th, 2012, 05:17 AM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
I'm too tired to nest I have things I want done, but DH has been working OT, which makes it difficult to get said things done We ordered floors and they should be here Mon or Tues and I'll be chomping at the bit for him to get those laid Right now, I'm knee deep in clothes for the consignment sale, so that's taking my focus. I'm feeling more anxious to have the girls' room clean and organized, since I really don't have much to do for William.

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

August 5th, 2012, 05:25 AM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ive been purging things like mad. Trying to make space in the house, get rid of things we dont need/use and organized. We finished moving Zoey to the big room, and I did a big clean last week. So now its focussing on re-doing the nursery, sewing more diapers, bedding and figuring out exactly what we need to buy for baby Noah.

August 5th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Almondeyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Almondeyes
I am for sure having the itch. Just wish I was able to do stuff. So much would be done already, I'm a bit OCD in that part.

If any of you ladies are done, you are more then welcome to help me here

August 5th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Cocoa Sashimi's Avatar Usually Lurking
Quote:
Originally Posted by fancypants27 View Post
Ive been purging things like mad. Trying to make space in the house, get rid of things we dont need/use and organized.

I've been purging, organizing, and donating the past few weeks.

August 5th, 2012, 08:05 AM
turtlefly's Avatar Veteran
ive been cleaning like crazy wanting to rearranging for her and i'm so excited for my baby shower so i can start putting everything together!!!!
Almondeyes likes this.

August 5th, 2012, 08:13 AM
~l~
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatherineD View Post
I'm too tired to nest I have things I want done, but DH has been working OT, which makes it difficult to get said things done We ordered floors and they should be here Mon or Tues and I'll be chomping at the bit for him to get those laid Right now, I'm knee deep in clothes for the consignment sale, so that's taking my focus. I'm feeling more anxious to have the girls' room clean and organized, since I really don't have much to do for William.
Awesome on the new flooring! I hope your DH is able to get them down quickly.... i know I would be going crazy waiting if that was me

I feel the same, as far as I don't have a whole lot to do for the baby, but I want to get everything else around the house done so that I feel ready for her.
August 5th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am! I'm kind of at a standstill for what I'm able to do without waiting for other people, though. I'm organizing the entire house and decluttering. So far I've done all the rooms except for the closet in the nursery, which I should be able to get done this week or next, as soon as DH is finished painting and putting back in the baseboards.

I can't wait until my shower when I'll know better what I still need to get. It's not until the end of September, though.

August 5th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
I have been, but I am really starting to wear down. Today I had DH pull all of Akadia's old stuff out of the attic. I'm still missing all her newborn clothes though, so there must be more bins up there. It's like 2000 degrees up there, so I probably am not going to get him to go up again. The nursery is a disaster and it's kind of bumming me out. I also moved my office from work to the nursery as well, so I'm trying to organize that and fit my work computer next to my home one etc. I'm just getting really tired and want it all DONE.

August 5th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Think4Yourself's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been definitely starting to nest, but it comes in waves. Yesterday I spent the entire day cleaning and organizing. I set up the pnp/bassinet, moved the room around, cleaned out all closets and pantry, cleaned the bathroom and the vents on the floor because they were dusty.. cleaned the carpets.. omg the list is neverending lol. only stopped because I ran out of rags! lol. There's not much else I can do yet because we haven't bought anything else yet. I'm soooo ready to buy everything.

August 5th, 2012, 01:18 PM
*Izzy's*Mommy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I thought I would be, but I'm feeling so relaxed about this baby coming. I'm just sort of organizing Izzy's stuff here and there. I don't feel too rushed, still 3 months to go!

I never really got super into nesting with Izzy either, though. I just bought what we needed and loved setting up the nursery, but I wasn't one of those women who scrubbed the entire house with a toothbrush.

August 5th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Izzy's*Mommy*
but I wasn't one of those women who scrubbed the entire house with a toothbrush.
I'm paying a cleaning service to come in and do that for me! However, we've been having a lot of renovations and part of the reason I want it is to get up all the little constructiony things that get left behind.

August 5th, 2012, 06:52 PM
*Izzy's*Mommy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
^I love having someone come and clean my house so I don't have to. Lol! I should prob do that too. Then I can avoid the last minute cleaning.

August 5th, 2012, 09:17 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did some assisted nesting tonight lol..... the landlords coming in to do some treatments tomorrow and I want everything perfect so he cant say anything. took the time to do a little rearranging to. im not really that worried about it yet I want to shop more then anything. but i think I will start on slowly fixing up my closet soon. I wore myself out tonight so I want to take alot more time next go round.

August 6th, 2012, 03:01 PM
canarycream's Avatar Experienced
Emily is doing tons of nesting too. She is having her husband lay wood floors next week and she is washing and sorting all of the old baby clothes. She is having me make her crib bedding soon. SHe has picked out the fabric, now i just need to find time to sew.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search